Small question: Can the hissing, feedback-like sounding noise that the Fuzz Factory makes (even when idle) be reduced, or even removed completely, with an ISP Decimator Noise Reduction pedal? It's extremely loud on my amp (Vox VT-120+)

If you're talking about the oscillation, then change the FF's settings. The noise when using it like a traditional fuzz can be reduced with that sort of pedal.

But it won't reduce all of it as guitar pickups are inherently noisy and with such a high gain device, the noise from the pickups themselves will be amplified dramatically. There is nothing you can do about that and it is a part of the distorted guitar sound.

It's 2 hours ahead of Japan so it's about 20 minutes until 2 o'clock in the morning at the moment, but you probably asked a while ago, and the show would have finished hours ago, haha!

What time is it in japan right now?

and yes it did, eventually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-6Q9Xwau0

03:53

Should I keep my 1960 Guild acoustic (00-sized) or trade up for a friend's '67 Gibson J45? Decisions, decisions.

Is he really a friend or some accountant from TGP? Tell me the truth junior...I won't get mad...you're old enough to make your own decisions...

Tuning. I wonder why they didn't switch to the other 7 string though :erm:

I imagine it was quicker to put the E shape back in tune than to tune the other one from AEADGBE to AADDGBE. The E shape might have a different string gauge as well, as I can't imagine AADDGBE working too well with the standard gauge...

At 3:37 you can see someone walking with a guitar behind Dom. May be it is the other 7 string...

I've just sent him a tweet. With any luck we'll have a definitive answer.

I imagine it was quicker to put the E shape back in tune than to tune the other one from AEADGBE to AADDGBE. The E shape might have a different string gauge as well, as I can't imagine AADDGBE working too well with the standard gauge....

He has used the Mattocaster 7 string for CE though, so I would lean towards just tuning the CE7 as opposed to getting the other guitar switched over, tuned and ready to go.

I heard about the guitar malfunction, and thought how mad I would be if I actually got to see CE (7 gigs and no dice yet, I've got Deadstar x2 and Fury though :D) and they stopped in the middle for a malfunction. When I watched the video yesterday I was impressed on how smooth that whole issue went!

are we seriously saying that massive gap was just because of tuning? Fuck off it is. Nothing to do with the guitar itself is it (athough admittedly it was out of tune a tad), it's his rig fucking up not changing presets no?

For everyone to stop at exactly the same time seemed planned and why would be walk off stage, surely all the technicians around could sort it out?

Archived