Mega bumper post of pictures from Japan so far. Loads more to sort out but this is what I've had time for at the moment.

[HIDDEN=October + November]

HimalayanMountains30thSeptember2013_zpsabcf60d4.jpg

GinkakujiKy14D0to6thOctober2013_zpsf061abb4.jpg

KinkakujiKy14D0to10thOctober2013_zps33f977f6.jpg

KiyomizuderaKy14D0to11thOctober2013_zpsd9e99b94.jpg

14C0sakaCastle14C0saka17thOctober2013_zps6d584605.jpg

FushimiInariTaishaKy14D0to28thOctober2013_zpsd8832d86.jpg

AmanohashidateMiyazu2ndNovember2013_zps4865a77c.jpg

Unry16B0inKy14D0to6thNovember2013_zpsdd16ae79.jpg

MountFujiKawaguchiko13thNovember2013_zps2e1ce71c.jpg

T14D0jiKy14D0to19thNovember2013_zpsb6f438cb.jpg

NanzenjiKy14D0to20thNovember2013_zps834906f2.jpg

Saih14D0jiKy14D0to21stNovember2013_zps892c7205.jpg

Tenry16B0jiKy14D0to22ndNovember2013_zps39150bfd.jpg

KiyomizuderaKy14D0to22ndNovember2013_zps5a46f44b.jpg

NinnajiKy14D0to24thNovember2013_zps5e920c05.jpg

[/HIDDEN]

nice

what's the 6th picture of exactly?

sounds like you're enjoying yourself anyway. i'm guessing the 10 month wait for your guitar isn't as bad as it sounds.

ten months

only being able to play that ukelele

eating away at you, isn't it?

I don't think I've played at all this month actually - I've been so busy trying to take as many pictures of the autumn leaves as possible, I haven't had time for anything else, but that's ending now, so I'll need to get my fingers used to playing again soon. But yeah, I've had 2 great months and I'm keeping myself more than occupied so I'm not regretting anything as yet. Uni work will start to build up in a week or two though, so that will be my next month taken up probably, haha!

what's the 6th picture of exactly?

It's part of Fushimi Inari Taisha which is a famous shrine here in Kyoto. Each of those red gates is called a torii, meaning bird perch (due to its shape), and you usually see a big one at the entrance to a shrine, then maybe a couple of smaller ones here and there. At Fushimi Inari though there's literally thousands of them forming a path up the mountains, and the main attraction of you like are these two tunnels side by side where they're at they're most densely compact. The whole place is normally full of people which lessens the experience slightly so I got up at about 5 am one morning to go back and get those pictures while I was the only one there. As there was no one else around I ran through the tunnels too, and it was incredible - sort of like going into hyperdrive on Star Trek or something.

_DSC0277_zpsfabc7913.jpg

Wow, and I thought the UK was exciting... I guess that just shows how sad of a place it is here :\

Add japan to one of the places I have to go before I die. The only other place on that list at the moment is the UK (again, but with more #nandos and pasties as I was an idiot and forgot to have these)

At least you have the option of using one.

Its like having a million dollar note. Yes, you have a million dollars but whose gonna take a million dollar note?

Really? Here's another:

74943_624114664297359_1899878882_n.jpg?oh=cde568d2614d181a52cde91484c91f80&oe=52934090&__gda__=1385495649_9ffc3a74f5b8d2da8f167a69bd99ad9a

What ideas did you have in mind? if you're willing to share them :ninja:

Absopigeon

That would be nice if the cracks weren't just scratches or whatever the hell he's done.

I wonder if the X-Y isn't meant to light up.

I saw a different guitar recently which had the ... well, let me see if I can find the video

edit: can't find it, but it had two humbucker sized pickups (a humbucker and a MQ type pickup) close together near the bridge, plus a sustainer. Was weird

I did find this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ47FObF0bE

meanwhile, at guitar center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePEzcl2Pieo

This makes me want to go out and buy one of these guitars.

I think I know who that is...

Does anyone know the scale of the MB-1 body ? :)

(Length,maximum width, minimum width e.t.c.)

See, it could've been avoided if we gave him the information!

actually, to be fair, his project turned out pretty nice...

x_7b196042.jpg

Knob overload!

It's almost as cluttered as Bs' guitar!

Nah if it didn't have the two near the output jack it would be much better. Not bad at all, but he did use that hammerite paint or whatever it's called. I thought that stuff is usually used on metal surfaces....well it looked nice

James... the things you have found, wtf!

That Fuzz guitar, LOL is all I can say! Worst PIB fuzz intro on youtube, and a weird way of playing the song.

Then that kid should not be anywhere near a gibson, Slash and Iommi would quit guitar if they saw what he did to their music. Did you see the amazing technique he had for holding the pick while doing finger picking and tapping?! Just wow..

James... the things you have found, wtf!

That Fuzz guitar, LOL is all I can say! Worst PIB fuzz intro on youtube, and a weird way of playing the song.

Then that kid should not be anywhere near a gibson, Slash and Iommi would quit guitar if they saw what he did to their music. Did you see the amazing technique he had for holding the pick while doing finger picking and tapping?! Just wow..

The string bending gives it more emotion apparently

and I didn't recognize most of the stuff he was playing. Sounds like crazy train, iron man, and then some zeppelin (tell me he wasn't trying to play black dog at 2:15...)

oh and sweet child o' mine, as you can't leave any guitar shop without playing that.

...by leave, I mean getting kicked out.

It's got more knobs than mine! :phu:

Think the balance is better organised on mine too obviously.

I said it was cluttered :p that could mean switches too

but yeah yours is organized much better. Almost as well as this one

21.jpg

Archived