Haha I wouldn't go that far, especially since Matt basically doubled the amount of guitars he bought from them in the past 12 months :\

But apparently people do travel from all around the world to visit their shop. I wouldn't call a 2.5 hour drive too bad (especially if you're going past stonehenge :ninja: ) but if you'd only be spending the day there, then I'm not sure. I spent about three days there.

Didn't really check anything else out though. Tim told me to have a pasty before I left, but I completely forgot :( Need to remember next time

You need to get closer to me for a proper pasty...

Is that an invitation? :eyebrows:

Nah I'm planning to go to a few more places next time (no plans yet, but MFC said we'll go to andertons with #Larry), and will probably stay closer to two weeks

London alone could easily keep you busy for two weeks.

If you're thinking of doing Exeter again or just that part of the world in general, spend longer there and enjoy the vibe rather than rushing around sightseeing. :happy:

Speaking to people travelling around Europe about their time in the UK, it was always "I was here, then next day I went here, then I went here for the day, then went here" and it sounded more like a tour schedule than backpacking. :noey:

Speaking to people travelling around Europe about their time in the UK, it was always "I was here, then next day I went here, then I went here for the day, then went here" and it sounded more like a tour schedule than backpacking. :noey:

That tends to be how I hear most people describe any vacation.

London alone could easily keep you busy for two weeks.

If you're thinking of doing Exeter again or just that part of the world in general, spend longer there and enjoy the vibe rather than rushing around sightseeing. :happy:

I can understand that (I was only in one part of london the entire time), but I only had a week. It was my first time on a plane since I was about eight, and I've never traveled this far from home before. Wouldn't say it was like a tour schedule or anything as I wasn't rushing to go to different places.

First day in london was recovering from the trip over (although I did meet up with two people for a few hours and went to denmark street, but I still wasn't feeling great). Next day I went back to denmark street to explore a bit more, and then the first stadium gig later that day. next day was a meet up and then the second stadium gig.

Those few days went by quickly, or at least it felt like that. I didn't really have a chance to go to other parts of london at all, but I don't think I would've known where to go anyway

next 3 days were in exeter, but I didn't do a whole lot there besides hang out at Mansons and explore the city center.

Felt pretty depressed when I got home, but next year....

I can understand that (I was only in one part of london the entire time), but I only had a week. It was my first time on a plane since I was about eight, and I've never traveled this far from home before. Wouldn't say it was like a tour schedule or anything as I wasn't rushing to go to different places.

First day in london was recovering from the trip over (although I did meet up with two people for a few hours and went to denmark street, but I still wasn't feeling great). Next day I went back to denmark street to explore a bit more, and then the first stadium gig later that day. next day was a meet up and then the second stadium gig.

Those few days went by quickly, or at least it felt like that. I didn't really have a chance to go to other parts of london at all, but I don't think I would've known where to go anyway

next 3 days were in exeter, but I didn't do a whole lot there besides hang out at Mansons and explore the city center.

Felt pretty depressed when I got home, but next year....

I meant it as advice for your next trip, not knocking your recent one in any way. As it was somewhere new for the first time, probably better it being shorter and wishing it was longer than being here longer and wishing it was shorter.

If you don't know where to go in London, just ask. ;)

What do I get out of a small mixer for gigs/having a few more pres for home recording, or a clone of a Roland filter so I have a 24dB analogue filter, which I'd like, but not up for buying another synth just for???

Was going to get new pickups for the guitars, but putting that off for now (As always).

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate but I didn't think Biffy Clyro was the be all and end all of live bands when they supported Muse in 2010 here. Good, yes. Great? Maybe. Well, maybe I just don't like their music enough to truly get into it and that could have been the issue.

:eek:

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate but I didn't think Biffy Clyro was the be all and end all of live bands when they supported Muse in 2010 here. Good, yes. Great? Maybe. Well, maybe I just don't like their music enough to truly get into it and that could have been the issue.

tumblr_ms3ybw8XYt1rqvamdo6_1280.jpg

Judging a performance of a supporting act isn't that fair though.

Still, they sounded pretty good supporting Muse two months ago in Turin

That's true. I enjoyed them when they opened for Muse a few months back - enough to want to see them play their own gig in a couple of months. Can't really say that for the other support acts (which weren't bad, but still...)

first barrier experience as well :pope:

Archived