Any God Is An Astronaut fans around?

Pedals.jpg

Warp, delay, pitch-shifting, filters—God Is an Astronaut has long been characterized by its penchant for usual sounds. Torsten is “embarrassed to say” that he picks up a new pedal every couple of weeks (“It’s got to stop at some point,” he notes)

Sounds like James! :LOL:

Yeah, some of the albums do do that. Some nice songs mixed in there though.

Well I have my main guitar tuned down the C standard so I don't really notice any tension now :LOL:

My MB's in F# A# C# F A# F at the moment, and it's fine, haha!

Any God Is An Astronaut fans around?

Pedals.jpg

Sounds like James! :LOL:

nice floor!

Why do people carpet walls? They use the cheapest thinnest carpet they can get and think that somehow it's going to provide some sort of sound insulation. You see it in most rehearsal rooms. WTF?!

nice floor!

Why do people carpet walls? They use the cheapest thinnest carpet they can get and think that somehow it's going to provide some sort of sound insulation. You see it in most rehearsal rooms. WTF?!

Having a wooden floor also defeats the entire point. :LOL:

you'd only notice the effect at very high frequencies though - higher than you'd be able to hear I think? Needs Jaicen for an informed answer, I've been out of uni too long

Assuming it is a few centimetres thick, 8kHz+

But that is ultra-simplifying everything. Rooms with carpeted walls are definitely less live, but certainly not the complete solution to all acoustic problems.

Wooden floors can be a problem as they emphasise reflections from all sorts of angles, but I guess playback levels and other acoustic treatment might disguise it. That was badly worded. :chuckle:

I have the strat's pickups in (it looks the sex :D) but I still have to find nuts for pots, solder up the jack and buy strings for it.

pics?

hopefully it won't be too difficult to find the nuts for those. never seen those types of pots before, but i imagine they're whatever's usually used on the import ones like alpha etc

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-I-m-selling-my-Gibson-Les-Paul-Limited-Edition-Don-t-want-to-W0QQAdIdZ517259765

:vomit:

pics?

hopefully it won't be too difficult to find the nuts for those. never seen those types of pots before, but i imagine they're whatever's usually used on the import ones like alpha etc

Not yet, once its done I'll post pics of gtfo.

After a lot (too much) research it seems 8mm nuts is what I need. Its awkward as its not the CTS size and its not the Alpha size but I'm not complaining if the nuts are the only awkward thing about them :LOL:

Not yet, once its done I'll post pics of gtfo.

After a lot (too much) research it seems 8mm nuts is what I need. Its awkward as its not the CTS size and its not the Alpha size but I'm not complaining if the nuts are the only awkward thing about them :LOL:

tumblr_lsr29816nd1qj41h3o1_500.jpg

Yeah I had a feeling they were something different :\ I think I still have the original ones if you can't source new ones, but chances are that if I send them then things would become even more awkward!

tumblr_lsr29816nd1qj41h3o1_500.jpg

Yeah I had a feeling they were something different :\ I think I still have the original ones if you can't source new ones, but chances are that if I send them then things would become even more awkward!

Be well prepared, this babes gonna neuter some mofos

Nah, I'll be able to get 8mm nuts. Thats a standard over here. Hell, we even have a 8mm tap and die set in the house.

Be well prepared, this babes gonna neuter some mofos

Nah, I'll be able to get 8mm nuts. Thats a standard over here. Hell, we even have a 8mm tap and die set in the house.

play little wing dani california

any idea how he's getting this sound? I'm guessing it's an acoustic electric DI'd or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0fTZ0O3LCU

a piezo equipped electric can get pretty close too...but i don't know if he had something like that

my QOTSA ticket just arrived, but the first thing I found in the envelope was a 3 pack shampoo sample :\ luckily it didn't explode all over the ticket in shipping...

yes I was, probs abouts 20m from the barrier

Tbh it was a bit tame for a Reading/Biffy crowd, but I dont really care. As long as I'm having a good time I couldn't give a fuck about anyone else. And that performance was the best I've ever seen BC do.

Tbh it was a bit tame for a Reading/Biffy crowd, but I dont really care. As long as I'm having a good time I couldn't give a fuck about anyone else. And that performance was the best I've ever seen BC do.

Yeah I mean fair dos, obviously there is a difference between barrier and main crowd bit, but long as you enjoy it s'all good. Plus I can't deny the bands actual performance was sick

However, I saw And So I Watch You from Afar last night. Was barely a venue, they rented the largest practice room in Brighton Electric Studios. First of all met Architects in between support acts as they were rehearsing in practice room next door. Had a quick chat, then saw ASIWYFA in a room of like 20 people, and it was the most insane gig I've seen in my life. Fucking amazing.

They've recorded it as well but I couldn't resist filming me a couple of songs

the middle section in this, so eerily quiet, all those people and not a sound

4iOPo5pQrW0

Yeah I mean fair dos, obviously there is a difference between barrier and main crowd bit, but long as you enjoy it s'all good. Plus I can't deny the bands actual performance was sick

However, I saw And So I Watch You from Afar last night. Was barely a venue, they rented the largest practice room in Brighton Electric Studios. First of all met Architects in between support acts as they were rehearsing in practice room next door. Had a quick chat, then saw ASIWYFA in a room of like 20 people, and it was the most insane gig I've seen in my life. Fucking amazing.

They've recorded it as well but I couldn't resist filming me a couple of songs

the middle section in this, so eerily quiet, all those people and not a sound

4iOPo5pQrW0

ASIWYFA gigs are always great, seen them a fair few times over the last few years and always had a fantastic time. Definitely had at least one shambling drunk chat with them afterwards too and they seem like thoroughly nice chaps.

Archived