I've been to all of them (except one which looked too "metal guitars", don't remember the name). And your favorite is mine too. They were pretty welcoming. My cousin tried some nice Jaguar.

I know the one you're referring to. The guys there were cool and let us crank the bass amp pretty loud, but they didn't have much in their inventory besides the metal themed guitars/amps.

And yeah, that shop is great. I bought my PRS knock off from them, and they threw in a free strap, setup, and some strings.

Do you think you'll go to Mansons while you're in the UK? I have no idea where reading is exactly, but I imagine it's somewhere between london and exeter... :erm:

I know the one you're referring to. The guys there were cool and let us crank the bass amp pretty loud, but they didn't have much in their inventory besides the metal themed guitars/amps.

And yeah, that shop is great. I bought my PRS knock off from them, and they threw in a free strap, setup, and some strings.

Do you think you'll go to Mansons while you're in the UK? I have no idea where reading is exactly, but I imagine it's somewhere between london and exeter... :erm:

I'd love to go to Mansons. I told Adrian I may come to Exeter, but it's too far to be honest. Reading is about 45min West from London. And I'm with my family, I don't think they would understand I want to go to Exeter to visit a guitar shop (my cousin definitely would haha).

I'd love to go to Mansons. I told Adrian I may come to Exeter, but it's too far to be honest. Reading is about 45min West from London. And I'm with my family, I don't think they would understand I want to go to Exeter to visit a guitar shop (my cousin definitely would haha).

Reading is exactly half an hour away from Paddington Station.

Exeter is a bit far from London tbh. Not worth visiting just for a guitar shop, only thing that will be different to anything you'll see in Denmark Street is Manson guitars, but Devon and the south west in general is a wonderful place to spend some time.

Haha the original reason I planned my whole UK trip was to visit Mansons. I actually got the emirates tickets after I got my plane tickets :facepalm:

What's the strat in this guy's (he's Arcane Roots' guitarist and singer) header? https://twitter.com/AndrewRoots a Classic Series 70?

Never seen one like that. I'm guessing it's a custom shop deal (seeing as he's endorsed by fender and everything) but the closest I could find is this one

http://www.fender.com/series/fender-select/fender-select-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-tobacco-sunburst/

different bridge pickup mainly.

Reading is exactly half an hour away from Paddington Station.

Exeter is a bit far from London tbh. Not worth visiting just for a guitar shop, but Devon and the South West is a wonderful place to spend some time.

Yeah it seemed nice there. wish I explored a bit more, but time went by so fast. I was told to check out some museum and the cavern club or whatever it's called, but never got the chance

Never seen one like that. I'm guessing it's a custom shop deal (seeing as he's endorsed by fender and everything) but the closest I could find is this one

http://www.fender.com/series/fender-select/fender-select-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-tobacco-sunburst/

different bridge pickup mainly.

Oh I see. I asked him if it's a custom, he might answer :LOL:

Yeah but you are their best customer haha :p

Haha I wouldn't go that far, especially since Matt basically doubled the amount of guitars he bought from them in the past 12 months :\

But apparently people do travel from all around the world to visit their shop. I wouldn't call a 2.5 hour drive too bad (especially if you're going past stonehenge :ninja: ) but if you'd only be spending the day there, then I'm not sure. I spent about three days there.

Didn't really check anything else out though. Tim told me to have a pasty before I left, but I completely forgot :( Need to remember next time

Archived