I thought their performance was pretty bang tidy actually. Iuno, maybe it's just the fact it's a festival crowd rather than their 'own'. Like that poll thing they did, where as Fabri said, like 60% of the setlists completed were pretty much just OR and Opposites. God & Satan can fuck off. I'm not even that keen on Folding Stars but all the Biffy fanbois will hate me for that because it's well emotional because it's about his mum, but so what?

but yeah, massive singalongs but stuff like Glitter & Trauma and LiaP, still. :(

I agree about Folding Stars.

The shit setlist was made up for by the amazing performance, and I couldn't give a shit about the crowd, I thought it was pretty wild from my point of view, I just go off in my own world. It was amazing, best gig of my life (and that's saying something).

No, it genuinely was amazing.

It was also probably the 3rd worst setlist I've seen them play. Worst was SDF, but that was a support slot, then Ibiza, but that was a short time slot, then this. I mean, it's got nothing on Swindon and iTunes.

I'm not saying it wasn't, it's obvious it was a great gig. But how was that setlist shit? :erm: Glitter, Saturday, Q&A, 57

I'm not saying it wasn't, it's obvious it was a great gig. But how was that setlist shit? :erm: Glitter, Saturday, Q&A, 57

It wasn't shit, it just wasn't special. Pretty standard... Could have had Justboy in there (still a hit), Jaggy Snake (bitches love jaggy snake) and a well known VOB song like Toys Toys Toys in there, instead of Skylight and Folding Stars and shit

On the topic if biffy... Going to get my guitar set up soon and am considering a change of string guage.

Currently I think I've only ever used 10-46 as standard but considering I play a lot of biffy-sequence riffs that involve lots of hammering away at the bottom strings... Would perhaps a change to skinny top/heavy bottom (10-52) work well?

I think I'd keep it in standard tuning and wouldn't want them to feel too tight?

I agree about Folding Stars.

The shit setlist was made up for by the amazing performance, and I couldn't give a shit about the crowd, I thought it was pretty wild from my point of view, I just go off in my own world. It was amazing, best gig of my life (and that's saying something).

Not really, you're only 17 after all.

it's got nothing on Swindon

This on its own is just confusing. :p

:LOL: I don't know, but it sounds interesting...

assuming it's true... can't find information on those anywhere else. I just found it weird that Fender would reissue those amps when there are so many others that are more desirable. Not saying those or the originals are bad at all (after all, they still used blackface circuits in some amps in the late 60's)...but even being silverface with a pre-CBS circuit = suck, according to most people.

Either way, I'd buy an original for that price. You made the right choice, son 185248_10150348916921729_20531316728_9500420_1221014_n-300x233-150x150.jpg

On the topic if biffy... Going to get my guitar set up soon and am considering a change of string guage.

Currently I think I've only ever used 10-46 as standard but considering I play a lot of biffy-sequence riffs that involve lots of hammering away at the bottom strings... Would perhaps a change to skinny top/heavy bottom (10-52) work well?

I think I'd keep it in standard tuning and wouldn't want them to feel too tight?

I think the 10-52s work well for standard, but the A and D strings do have a really high tension compared to the other strings

What guitar do you have again? there might be slightly less tension if it's 24.75" like a gibson... I've only put these strings on a 25.5" scale guitar

I run that exactly set up and its fine. A little bit more tension on the E but nothing really noticeable. They're dead handy for Drop D too.

edit: And I got the pickups today James. It kinda rasied a few eyebrows from my parents but they don't seem that fussed. They want to wait awhile to see if it turns out to be a mistake (I didn't tell them I was getting it as I'd have to explain the board and I can't be bothered) but thanks! They fit my strat and will be a big help to be!

How does that make a difference?! You should see how many gigs I go to :LOL:

Age doesn't mean shit ;)

Meeeeh, bit of both I guess. I mean, obviously you have been to a shitload of gigs, more than most 17 year olds would have been to so have more experience

But then again, vast majority of your gigs have been with the same band

and also, when I was 13 I used to listen to Good Charlotte loads and thought it was fucking ace. Few years on once I had broadened my horizons I realised maybe they weren't the best at all

Also regarding Biffy at Reading, there was loads of space to stand as well. Like I know Jamie says barrier was tight, but normal crowd was roomy. Will never forget what it was like in 2011 with The Strokes and Muse, tight as a nun's snatch, could barely move, and Muse at Wembley in 2010. Are crowds just getting more relaxed over the past year or sutin

I'd say I have broad horizons. And no, I dont just go to big bands and big gigs, cause that's boring :LOL:

You once tried arguing Biffy are not "mainstream". :p

Edit: All I'm getting at is the gigs I went to when I was 17, gigs like Muse at Earls Court in 2004, which people on here consider amongst some of the band's best, don't hold as much significance with me now compared to gigs I've been to since.

Also regarding Biffy at Reading, there was loads of space to stand as well. Like I know Jamie says barrier was tight, but normal crowd was roomy. Will never forget what it was like in 2011 with The Strokes and Muse, tight as a nun's snatch, could barely move, and Muse at Wembley in 2010. Are crowds just getting more relaxed over the past year or sutin

I did love the thread where people kicked off about how aggressive the crowd was at Muse in 2011. :LOL:

You once tried arguing Biffy are not "mainstream". :p

I did love the thread where people kicked off about how aggressive the crowd was at Muse in 2011. :LOL:

:LOL: sikbrn

I do prefer it when there's a more aggressive crowd. More of a vibe. One memory from Muse Reading 2011 was some hench nob who was pushing forward in the crowd which was already dense enough with his arms in a circle protecting some girl so she could get close. Urgh. If you can't handle the crowd then go further back where you can, don't make it even more uncomfortable for everyone else. They nobbed off in Space Dementia though

I run that exactly set up and its fine. A little bit more tension on the E but nothing really noticeable. They're dead handy for Drop D too.

edit: And I got the pickups today James. It kinda rasied a few eyebrows from my parents but they don't seem that fussed. They want to wait awhile to see if it turns out to be a mistake (I didn't tell them I was getting it as I'd have to explain the board and I can't be bothered) but thanks! They fit my strat and will be a big help to be!

I found the E perfect - it was just the A and D strings that seemed really high tension.

And that's cool - interested to hear how it turns out. I should've included some free candy though... would've seemed much more innocent that way

I found the E perfect - it was just the A and D strings that seemed really high tension.

And that's cool - interested to hear how it turns out. I should've included some free candy though... would've seemed much more innocent that way

Well I have my main guitar tuned down the C standard so I don't really notice any tension now :LOL:

They actually don't seem to care now :LOL: Free stuff makes them happy I guess:)

Were you in the crowd to say that ? xD

It's sure that if you watch videos... But to be honest, I was in the crowd (10 meters from the barrier) and that was just crazy. People felt very hemmed in the crowd (many people fainted). Lots of pogos (don't how you say in english).

Were you in the crowd to say that ? xD

It's sure that if you watch videos... But to be honest, I was in the crowd (10 meters from the barrier) and that was just crazy. People felt very hemmed in the crowd (many people fainted). Lots of pogos (don't how you say in english).

yes I was, probs abouts 20m from the barrier

Archived