I'm probably going to get a lot of hate but I didn't think Biffy Clyro was the be all and end all of live bands when they supported Muse in 2010 here. Good, yes. Great? Maybe. Well, maybe I just don't like their music enough to truly get into it and that could have been the issue.

:eek:

They've got bland over time (Much like Muse lol). First album or two was different and quirky back in the day, but have absolutely zero desire to listen to them any more, just feels like hard work for some reason.

I think Biffys music is just great.

Do you guys have any opinions on a HSS strat vs SSS? I'm going to Germany for 10 days and will visit Thomann to pick up a guitar. I think I want the HSS for diversity. Simon Neil only plays single coils right?

Judging a performance of a supporting act isn't that fair though.

Still, they sounded pretty good supporting Muse two months ago in Turin

Well, if I do go to the festival where they are playing here, I might have a second opinion. As far as a support band goes they were good but I couldn't justify going to their concerts or buying their music.

Like I said. Probably just me. :LOL:

I thought their performance was pretty bang tidy actually. Iuno, maybe it's just the fact it's a festival crowd rather than their 'own'. Like that poll thing they did, where as Fabri said, like 60% of the setlists completed were pretty much just OR and Opposites. God & Satan can fuck off. I'm not even that keen on Folding Stars but all the Biffy fanbois will hate me for that because it's well emotional because it's about his mum, but so what?

but yeah, massive singalongs but stuff like Glitter & Trauma and LiaP, still. :(

I think Biffys music is just great.

Do you guys have any opinions on a HSS strat vs SSS? I'm going to Germany for 10 days and will visit Thomann to pick up a guitar. I think I want the HSS for diversity. Simon Neil only plays single coils right?

Did a recording session recently with single coils and had planned to borrow a guitar with humbuckers and in the end, didn't need the humbuckers at all and got everything with just one guitar.

Strats can do humbucking in the 2 & 4 pickup positions by the way.

I gave this a watch ages ago and there is an awesome load of information in here. :D

Some of the examples could be better done I found. But still a great video and some food for thought.

Yeah, 2/4 makes a bit more sense. My drummer made out it 4/4 at 176bpm which seems a bit mental.

edit: Also, a Starcaster bass would be amazing :awesome:

I don't think 176bpm 4/4 would be mental; it will depend on the drums for this. It sounds too energetic to be a 2/4 at 88

It's probably one of the nicest 5 strings I've played. Jazz on steroids, need to check out the bass eq,

Archived