:LOL:

Yeah Denmark street wasn't bad, and that pub was great. Defo gonna go back there.

It's no nandos though :ninja:

Forgot about that Manson. I think it was on ebay a few weeks before hand, too

I think every UK business would fail if no one went out on rainy days :LOL:

I know you said it's seen better days, but I didn't think it was bad at all. (but then I'm from the US). There was definitely a nice selection of gear in those shops, but a disappointing lack of pedals :\ just those little mooer pedals in EVERY shop!

cyfo_diaz would've LOVED that shop that had the basement full of metal themed guitars. And that cheap guitar with the weird finish. The one where we got to turn up the mesa bass amp and hear Matthijs play some porcupine tree

I wish I hung around a bit longer at that pub with you and Matthijs. really wasn't feeling great and was supposed to be back at the hotel at a certain time. Didn't get to try the food, and I'm not supposed to be drinking

I thought that guitar was still on ebay. I'd be surprised if there are two.

and I forgot about that. The weather seemed nice for the most part during that week

:LOL: wow

#Nandos2014 yes?

Yeah, I recall they were trying to talk him out of buying an entire pitcher, but he still did. Respect.

Up for that!

#nandos2014

be there

Did you not go in Music Ground? That was always awesome for pedals. Unless things have changed a lot.

I don't recall seeing that shop - there was an empty building across from the shop with the £3000 OR120 though.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/father-and-son-guitar-theft-charges-1-3017049

We went to most of the shops. I think about five or six.

I don't recall seeing that shop - there was an empty building across from the shop with the £3000 OR120 though.

Nah, it used to be where the shop with the OR120 was, but moved to the end of the street passed 12 Bar (On the same side of the road).

Nah, it used to be where the shop with the OR120 was, but moved to the end of the street passed 12 Bar (On the same side of the road).

Must have missed it then. I know there was one shop around the corner which had some pedals, but I don't think it was music ground. It was pretty much all new stuff.

Also, Dav, I'm disappointed how my SD-1 won't kyuss :mad: even running it into a cranked orange amp with a BB1200 in C standard, it still sounds too rock n roll and not enough stoner

Or maybe it's just me that needs to be more stoner

Also, Dav, I'm disappointed how my SD-1 won't kyuss :mad: even running it into a cranked orange amp with a BB1200 in C standard, it still sounds too rock n roll and not enough stoner

Have you rolled the toan knob back?

Have you tried the neck pick-up?

Yeah I gave that a try, but it seemed to darken the tone in the wrong way

Closest I got was to this sound, but nowhere near as sludgy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx_OYqsUzk8

I have no idea what sort of settings he's using on his amp either. Wouldn't be surprised if they're the opposite of what I did

Have you tried the neck pick-up?

Neck pickup + rolling the tone back a bit gets me to nice deserty places

Yeah, but it just didn't get that grind that you hear in that video. It was halfway there I guess

Dave, is it generally better to have the level higher with the gain lower? on the SD-1 I mean.

I tried it the other way around, but that was further away

It seems like Josh really just uses a cranked amp with something boosting it... I wouldn't mind knowing what the orange pedal he steps on is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THtERyXlOgE

I thought it was an old ross distortion pedal at first. Everyone seems to hate those.... it could very well be one, actually :erm:

Archived