What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

I actually like this more than the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDewOFakYYQ&feature=share

Well... I hate to admit it but yeah, that is better! :LOL:

It shows Muse are capable of writing great songs, but not always composing them... although, having said that, if they had released something like this the song would have been touching too much on the generic side.

I don't if they are the actual lyrics or not, but I definitely hear Matt saying "baby you're" instead of "maybe I'm". How would the latter fit the lyric video better, anyway?

And both of those fit the lyrics, but in different ways.

It's "And maybe I'm too headstrong"

How can people like that Madness cover more than the original? I found it very boring and generic. I'm not that fond of the original song myself but if I heard that cover on the radio, I wouldn't pay any attention to it at all. It would just blend in with other music.

Glad to see there are people who agree with me. And I even used the same word as Gareeh to describe the cover version. I swear I wrote my comment before seeing his comment :p

Or maybe that just proves how incredibly generic that cover is.

It's "And maybe I'm too headstrong"

And you have proof for that, then? Like I said, I'm not saying what I wrote are the actual lyrics, but what I definitely hear is "baby you're". Or okay, it's unclear if he's saying "maybe" or "baby", but I'm definitely hearing "you're" instead of "I'm".

But who knows, maybe it ends up being something completely different. :LOL: It wouldn't be the first time Matt pronounces words weirdly.

I'm with the people who hear the falsetto saying "I'm" and the lower voice saying "You're". I've given that bit several listens and focused on each track separately each time and that's what I hear. I'm not saying I'm right, that's just what I hear.

And you have proof for that, then? Like I said, I'm not saying what I wrote are the actual lyrics, but what I definitely hear is "baby you're". Or okay, it's unclear if he's saying "maybe" or "baby", but I'm definitely hearing "you're" instead of "I'm".

But who knows, maybe it ends up being something completely different. :LOL: It wouldn't be the first time Matt pronounces words weirdly.

I'm not sure about the you're/I'm part but it's definetely "and maybe" and the "and" makes it sound like a "b".

How can people like that Madness cover more than the original? I found it very boring and generic. I'm not that fond of the original song myself but if I heard that cover on the radio, I wouldn't pay any attention to it at all. It would just blend in with other music.

They can because we all have different taste and opinion that's all but to give specifics I prefer the real instruments and the voice as I don't like matt's vocals on the original (too contrived for my taste) and I prefer the slightly different vocal melody. Doesn't make the song suddenly amazing but given the choice I'd rather listened to that cover than the original.

Yes!

Kueller was correct. They were recording that gig. Looking forward to hearing it.

I posted a link to a YouTube video of Chris singing it a couple of pages back! It was in the middle of clocks and lasted 20 seconds!

Archived