How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Right, finally listened to it properly through decent headphones and I've got a solid opinion. I think it's fucking ace. I don't even mind the lyrics that much, I love how ridiculous they are. It's beefy as hell. Matt really sounds like his voice is at an all time best to me, really strong. There's just no wimpyness with it that was everywhere in The Resistance, aside from the first verse I suppose but that's a build-up anyway so I don't mind. I really hope this is an indication of the rest of the album. If it is, I reckon it'll rival Origin for my favourite album.

Right, finally listened to it properly through decent headphones and I've got a solid opinion. I think it's fucking ace. I don't even mind the lyrics that much, I love how ridiculous they are. It's beefy as hell. Matt really sounds like his voice is at an all time best to me, really strong. There's just no wimpyness with it that was everywhere in The Resistance, aside from the first verse I suppose but that's a build-up anyway so I don't mind. I really hope this is an indication of the rest of the album. If it is, I reckon it'll rival Origin for my favourite album.

I like it better through my headphones as well. I like the mix a lot and it sure sounds solid when the guitar comes in.

I did notice an annoying echo on Matt's breathing and S-es in the first verse...Ah well.

Overall it's pretty damn cool that the Olympics picked this song, much more fun than having yet another Elton anthem forced upon me.

there's too much going on, it's like a fucking meat platter or something

:LOL: That is my problem with it. There is SO MUCH going on in the song. It's too much of everything. And the very last "win" pushes everything to severe extremes. But there are some parts that I do like. 1:34-2:20 and 3:00-3:50 are great.

Correction, cheese platter.

:LOL:

Do you guys think the prelude will be added in on Survival if the song will be on the album? And if the prelude will be on it, would it be the opener of T2L?

That's what it seems like.

Do you guys think the prelude will be added in on Survival if the song will be on the album? And if the prelude will be on it, would it be the opener of T2L?

I imagine prelude will be a separate track

Dunno whether it'd open, probably, but I'd prefer the string part in the unsustainable trailer to open

I bet the first version of the lyrics went something like:

(Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha)

Cheese, song is cheese

But I am gonna win

Yes, I am gonna win

I write the song

And I never lose

And I choose to troll fools

Whatever it takes

You'll cry instead

I'll keep up the cheese

And I will reveal my troll to the whole human race

Yes, I am prepared to use cheese

I won't forgive

Vengeance is mine,

And I wont give in because I choose to cheese

IM GONNA CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE

Same here. Some people say it's too busy, but that's what I like about it. You almost hear something different through every listen. Plus, this is probably Matt's best scream since Stockholm Syndrome. It's gunna be so awesome live.

LOL at the cheese platter comment :LOL:

I agree with Jessica, although she was agreeing with me actually first. It's like a mix of quuen and elton, and it's overwhelming, I have no issue with complexity, but that is too complex.

To the person who said I was wrong, that is ok. If you want to carry on kidding yourself that it is actually good, then be my guest.

I still love it though, it's hilarious. :D

ba_dum_tss_meme_Meanwhile_At_The_Smithfield_Horse_Fair-s1500x1294-310277-580.png&sa=X&ei=RbXrT6fdI4So8AOO1tnWBQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEqctIjg_oRB_FehiQkvcqT7p_S0w

That was almost as cheesy as Survival's lyrics

:LOL:It was meant to be a bad joke. Plus, the lyrics aren't that cheezy. I realize it was

written for the Olympics which could result in cheezyness, but it's still meant for that grand scale event. We got the picture in the Unsustainable preview that this albums gunna (probably) take place in a time of chaos and confusion everywhere. I think it's just living up to theme of the album.

Went way better then expected ^^

Nice single. I like it :)

This is how I see it:

-awesome prelude

-hilarious intro (I love the "ah ah ah ah ah" xD)

-nice chorus

-awful first verse

-great second verse

-random guitar effects

-last screen seems a parody :/

Nice to have a new track with piano and guitar. Looking forward to see how they gonna do the backing vocals live. Oh, and...worst lyrics ever!

I bet the first version of the lyrics went something like:

(Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha)

Cheese, song is cheese

But I am gonna win

Yes, I am gonna win

I write the song

And I never lose

And I choose to troll fools

Whatever it takes

You'll cry instead

I'll keep up the cheese

And I will reveal my troll to the whole human race

Yes, I am prepared to use cheese

I won't forgive

Vengeance is mine,

And I wont give in because I choose to cheese

IM GONNA CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Now you put the sound of Matt's falsetto singing "CHEEEESEEE" in my head.

Plus, this is probably Matt's best scream since Stockholm Syndrome. It's gunna be so awesome live.

But I don't think that he's gonna do that live. The screaming, I mean, because of the potential harm it can cause to his voice.

that doesn't exist in Museland

Yes, I understand that now. It's sad, though.

Archived