How Optimistic are you about The 2nd Law?

Jimmyneutron

How Optimistic are you about The 2nd Law?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. How Optimistic are you about The 2nd Law?

• 1 - This will be the worst so far and I won't be buying it.
    • 2 - The album will be OK and I might buy it.
    • 3 - This album will be good but it won't stick with me for a long time.
    • 4 - This album will be great but probably not be my favourite.
    • 5 - This will be their best album so far.

I kind of think a musically cohesive album by them would be boring. Some bands do it well, but I think Muse are better at having a variety than sticking to one sound.

I think it's fair to say, and most would agree, that Muse's finest work has come when they've produced a cohesive body of work - i.e. OoS and Absolution.

You mean you don't want to hear Matt rapping seriously? :LOL:

…maybe as a b-side. But I really do want to hear it in some form.

No. Just... no. Even Zane Lowe taking the piss before TR with 'I'm Matt Bellamy, you're not a friend of me' gave me the shivers (in a bad way) :LOL:.

I dunno, I think the face-melting metal flamenco cowboy psychedelia could be quite promising. :LOL:

Sorry, I meant I'd die of excitement at that part! It would be the definition of epic! :awesome:

No. Just... no. Even Zane Lowe taking the piss before TR with 'I'm Matt Bellamy, you're not a friend of me' gave me the shivers (in a bad way) :LOL:.

Sorry, I meant I'd die of excitement at that part! It would be the definition of epic! :awesome:

It's gonna be so bad everyone will disown Muse and I'll have them all to myself muahahahaha.

That's not the plan or anything.

And that's why it would be awesome. A hybrid of KoC and CoD. 'Cause you know, this album is supposed to be stripped back and all. :LOL:

:stongue: And compared to TR, I'd call that pretty mellow :LOL:

When it comes to rapping, something like this could work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z19oKBBZMw

Stop exposing me to awesome music you cunt :supersad: And I can actually imagine something like that working provided it isn't Matt rapping. Maybe if they were to collaborate with someone else it could work.

• 1 month later...

Still have a good feeling about it. I'm not expecting a masterpiece or anything, and I'm sure there'll be a couple of dud tracks (still not a fan of Survival...), but I think there'll be more good songs than bad. And hopefully a few great ones as well.

Supremacy, Panic Station, Explorers and Liquid State sound promising and I'm sure some of the others will surprise me as well.

• 4 weeks later...
still think this? ;)

Nope. In fact, I now think the exact opposite of that post :chuckle: (Which is actually what I originally thought :wtf:)

To be fair, after hearing Madness (and disliking it a lot), Survival (quite meh) and Unsustainable (very meh) and not getting a good impression at all from a few of the other song descriptions, I was and still am very surprised by how much I love it!

Of course he doesn't! It's not cool any more.

Yeah, I'm such a sheep. I only like the songs 'cause other people do.

Archived