How Optimistic are you about The 2nd Law?

Jimmyneutron

How Optimistic are you about The 2nd Law?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. How Optimistic are you about The 2nd Law?

• 1 - This will be the worst so far and I won't be buying it.
    • 2 - The album will be OK and I might buy it.
    • 3 - This album will be good but it won't stick with me for a long time.
    • 4 - This album will be great but probably not be my favourite.
    • 5 - This will be their best album so far.

Showbiz and OoS contain the kind of music I like to listen to, so it's only natural I'd like to hear more of it. A lot of bands go back to their roots these days, but I think the guys just aren't old enough for that yet. They still have plenty of music styles they want to explore.

I think it's become pretty clear that they want to leave that sound behind because they've gotten older. I can't see them getting to 40 and then wanting to make angsty music again, that'd probably sound shit anyway.

I think it's become pretty clear that they want to leave that sound behind because they've gotten older. I can't see them getting to 40 and then wanting to make angsty music again, that'd probably sound shit anyway.

And that's why I'm listening to other bands these days. The current Muse doesn't do it for me, but I'm quite happy listening to their older work. I don't have high expectations of the new album, but I'll probably give it a few listens and I'll keep myself updated through Facebook and Twitter.

they're allowed to try something new

that is the point of new albums, to add on to previous work but experiment a bit

He didn't say they weren't allowed, however he can't really judge the album by a small snippet of two songs.

Eh, I'm not sure. All I know is, I sure as hell won't be wearing my Mu'ggles this time!

When The Resistance came out I blagged my way into believing that I loved it when, in the end, I realised it was a shower of poo for a Muse album. If it had have been unrelated to Muse it would have been great - even as a side project - but it just seemed like an over-produced musical from a band that were 'chasing the dollar'.

I'm afraid to say that I'm half expecting the same with this album. I hate saying this shit because I still love them but I hate the over-the-top effects ... and those track names pissed me off!

I'm going to go into this next album with an open mind but I'm prepared for a gust of wind around my house of cards. :phu::stunned:

I just hope that it is consistent as an entity, which , (even though I love) The Resistance and BH&R (a bit less) , lacked.

I have never found Muse albums hugely consistent so I wouldn't really mind if they kept going the way they did with TR and BhaR. But they could change their ways and make a perfectly consistent album :eek:

The only Muse albums to have been consistent in sound were Origin and, arguably, Showbiz. I really can't see this one being anymore consistent than the others what with Survival, 'Unsustainable' and Matt's description of Panic Station.

The only Muse albums to have been consistent in sound were Origin and, arguably, Showbiz. I really can't see this one being anymore consistent than the others what with Survival, 'Unsustainable' and Matt's description of Panic Station.

especially with Matt hinting that T2L is likely to be 'very diverse'. Yea I know it's Matt and we shouldn't strongly rely on what he says, but still.

Archived