Didn't you offer Cath a lift between these gigs? So there's 4 of us then from London to Birm to Man, yeah?

Yes, she's only coming with us between Man & Birmingham as she's going up the day before to get in line super early:happy:

I might go home from Birmingham dont know whether I can afford Manch.

Won't have room to give you a lift between Birmingham and Manchester Jamie. Not sure how early we'll be going to Birmingham as not fussed about barrier if we have standing for Manchester.

You should know.

My car is bigger but it's an American gas guzzler.

I hope people travel light, cause my boot is tiny. It's pretty good on petrol though! We will have to work out getting to and from the arena too. Should have booked the other hotel *fail*:LOL:

At first I was going to book the Travellodge as that was the cheapest but then realised about the taxi/shuttle bus issue.

Then looked at Etap which looked good, but I dont think it included parking which is £14 extra at Etap and only includes continential breakfast for £5 while Hilton includes hot.

Then found a room at the Hilton for £45 + £10 for buffet breakfast including parking and can make full use of the Swimming pool/sauna and such like and is really close to the LG arena and a bit more fancy than the others. :)

Will give me a couple of days to explore the area a bit more rather than drive for 3 hours after the gig! :eek:

I've stayed at the Hilton Metropole a few times. The pool's great but the hotel layout is a bit mad because it splits into two either side of Reception. You go out the back door (signposted NEC) for the arena and walk through a small wooded area, then past a car park keeping the lake on your left.

The Arden on the A45 is okay too, although its pool is a bit small the breakfast's very good. With that one you exit through a rear gate at the end of the car park and head towards the railway station, but take a tunnel (which is only open during gigs) through to the arena.

With both hotels, the parking is free and my (elderly but fast) car's been fine every time.

I've just gone past the LG Arena on the train - very exciting - felt like telling everyone on the train "I'm going to see Muse there" but showed restraint!!!

It looked really close to the train station but no doubt there is a really long route or walkway like it use to be to the NEC.

Won't have room to give you a lift between Birmingham and Manchester Jamie. Not sure how early we'll be going to Birmingham as not fussed about barrier if we have standing for Manchester.

Ok, well I'll skip Manchester then. And I'm quite keen on getting barrier for Birmingham!

I've just gone past the LG Arena on the train - very exciting - felt like telling everyone on the train "I'm going to see Muse there" but showed restraint!!!

It looked really close to the train station but no doubt there is a really long route or walkway like it use to be to the NEC.

It only takes a couple of minutes, and at least you're under cover the whole way.

It only takes a couple of minutes, and at least you're under cover the whole way.

That's good to know thanks, sounds organised there, I may try & leg it back to Brum by train then get my bus home. Will see how much friends regular, reliable taxi driver is first as that would be the easiest/safest/quickest route home. Wish it wasn't a work night as my Aunt & Uncle live really close to the arena - 10 mins by taxi.

What are transport links back to the city centre like after gigs at the LG?

I'd imagine pretty good, they always try to be organised (but can have epic fails) If I can't get a taxi sorted due to costs I'll be heading straight back into the city,won't make my last connecting train home as that's 11.10pm but there are later bus routes, or may yet book a hotel. It's 10 mins on the fast trains - they will get crowded as will the station but can't see many problems.Just a case of getting to the station exit I'm thinking and legging it.

There is the fast 900 bus to town but that takes about 40 minutes.

I'll be near the back of standing as going from work so won't get there until about 7pm.

I'd imagine pretty good, they always try to be organised (but can have epic fails) If I can't get a taxi sorted due to costs I'll be heading straight back into the city,won't make my last connecting train home as that's 11.10pm but there are later bus routes, or may yet book a hotel. It's 10 mins on the fast trains - they will get crowded as will the station but can't see many problems.Just a case of getting to the station exit I'm thinking and legging it.

So would it be better to walk from the arena to the Etap near the airport entrance?

just wanted to say hi, im a serial lurker on here but wanted to post to say im really really really excited about going to brum, i only live 15 mins away but have booked the day off to go (sad i know!) was over the moon to get tickets in the lottery as never ever managed to get anything on presale before. ive seen them in brum twice before (nec and nia) and its always a great night but really glad to have a standing ticket this time. im only 5 foot 2 though so will be investing in a periscope!

just wanted to say hi, im a serial lurker on here but wanted to post to say im really really really excited about going to brum, i only live 15 mins away but have booked the day off to go (sad i know!) was over the moon to get tickets in the lottery as never ever managed to get anything on presale before. ive seen them in brum twice before (nec and nia) and its always a great night but really glad to have a standing ticket this time. im only 5 foot 2 though so will be investing in a periscope!

Don't stand behind me then!

I can't wait either, counting down the days. what time are you going to start queing?

I can't wait either, counting down the days. what time are you going to start queing?

oh lordy ive got no idea!!! only ever had seats before apart from wembely 2010 when we stood in the middle and couldn't see a thing but everyone was awesome around us in the crowd. what time does queing usually start?

oh lordy ive got no idea!!! only ever had seats before apart from wembely 2010 when we stood in the middle and couldn't see a thing but everyone was awesome around us in the crowd. what time does queing usually start?

I don't know what time people will start to que,I suppose it depends on the weather etc, I won't be able to que until after 2pm as travelling up from portsmouth by train and I can't check in to my hotel until 2pm, though I am thinking of coming up the day before now.

I bet wembley had an amazing atmosphere.

The NIA was easy to get on the barrier. We got there about 8pm and walked straight up the front. My bloke then wandered off to get beer.

I got talking to a roadie who offered me a setlist (with MK Ultra on for the first time), but I left it for someone who'd appreciate it more...

We have seats in Block 16 this time. At least the LG Arena's just off the M42 instead of having to slog into Birmingham in the evening rush.

The NIA was easy to get on the barrier. We got there about 8pm and walked straight up the front. My bloke then wandered off to get beer.

I got talking to a roadie who offered me a setlist (with MK Ultra on for the first time), but I left it for someone who'd appreciate it more...

We have seats in Block 16 this time. At least the LG Arena's just off the M42 instead of having to slog into Birmingham in the evening rush.

Driving through Birmingham to the NIA was utter suicidal.. 1 hr 20 to go 2 miles was very testing.. thought i wouldnt make it.. was a great show

Driving when there's a big NIA gig on can be gridlock in Birmingham - I always leg it to the station after for the last train home.

Should get my taxi quote off a friends taxi driver next week - if it works out too expensive I'll have to decide what I'm doing about going.

I'm not going to book a hotel as got to be at work early the next morning 8 or 8.30. I may decide not to go nearer the time and sell my ticket.

Archived