Just to make you aware the shuttle that goes to where the Travelodge is doesn't actually go to the Travelodge but the Holiday Inn and after 11pm stops unless requested by guests of the Holiday Inn. Maybe you can get a taxi.

How far away is the travelodge from the venue? Can't we just walk back?

Indeed. I was staying with friends at Travelodge but have booked Etap now as I like the idea that I can walk to the venue and use the free monorail and get there in 2 minutes.

Are you not staying with Cath anymore then?

Anyway, I'm sure our group will figure something out

Are you not staying with Cath anymore then?

Anyway, I'm sure our group will figure something out

If she stays at the Travelodge then no as it would cost me a lot more due to needing 2 taxis as I am not Qing all day but afternoonish.

Guest Batman.
Except it'll be a nightmare trying to get a taxi after a gig!

Can't you pre-book one? Or is that not possible :LOL:

OMG, that's just reminded me of when I tried to get a taxi to our hotel from outside Wembley Arena in 2006! After an hour and a half we gave up and walked! :LOL:

I'm going to ask a friend at work to get a quote off her regular taxi driver - he's on a contract with her as she fosters adults with learning difficulties so needs a regular driver. Im thinking I might just get a taxi home after if it's not too silly a price. He will be cheaper than other taxi company's.

Train/bus/taxi would cost me around £15 and take about 2 hours. Hotel plus train to work about £30 so if I can get a taxi from the venue to home for £25 I'd be happy & normal drive back is 40 mins - just depends what traffic/roads are like after the gig? I could agree to meet him at the airport.

around 3-5 miles away :( 5 mins by car

Aw shitty deal :(

A five-minute taxi ride between four won't cost much.

Yeah, we should pre-book one.

I googled it, it's 2.8 miles, is there not shuttle buses to the airport? If not I can just park nearer so we don't have far to walk, no probs:)

Strange as there were still Etap ones available. Ah well.

At first I was going to book the Travellodge as that was the cheapest but then realised about the taxi/shuttle bus issue.

Then looked at Etap which looked good, but I dont think it included parking which is £14 extra at Etap and only includes continential breakfast for £5 while Hilton includes hot.

Then found a room at the Hilton for £45 + £10 for buffet breakfast including parking and can make full use of the Swimming pool/sauna and such like and is really close to the LG arena and a bit more fancy than the others. :)

Will give me a couple of days to explore the area a bit more rather than drive for 3 hours after the gig! :eek:

Archived