I'm just surprised that it is going to cost me a lot less to go via london than southampton, it only adds about 30 mins to journey so will be worth it.

Maybe from Portsmouth it is then. Strange eh. It's 45 quid single for me direct but 80 via London!

I can even get one for under 19 quid if I don't want to get there before 12.

Don't want to drive after the gig if I can avoid it.

True. You won't be able to hear the traffic.

I'm travelling direct from Reading which is so easy and cheaper than you expect!

Be careful of that one unless you have a car. It may seem close to the venue but it is about 1.7km from the airport. Personally I am at the Etap which is literally 5 minutes walk :D

Didn't know there was an Etap, from Website sounded like Travelodge was by airport so shuttle bus/mono rail should get you between sites quickly. I'll either book a central Birmingham hotel as nearer the train for work, or head home after. If only it was half term I'd stay by the arena and have a drink after the concert.

Indeed, Birmingham Airport, the NEC and LG Arena occupies a huge area.

Yes I've not been to concerts for years but remember the long walk from the train to the venue via many corridors! I've got family at both Olton and Yardley but I'd not ask to stop as I'd be in too late for my relatives - would seem strange staying in a hotel only half hour from home but might be easier & means I don't need to take my work bag with me to the gig.

Yes I've not been to concerts for years but remember the long walk from the train to the venue via many corridors! I've got family at both Olton and Yardley but I'd not ask to stop as I'd be in too late for my relatives - would seem strange staying in a hotel only half hour from home but might be easier & means I don't need to take my work bag with me to the gig.

Etap is still a bargain at £32 quid for the night.

has anyone been to the lg arena before and know what it's like?

LG Arena is a lovely venue, it's my favourite out of the the LG / NIA and MEN. Very modern and after the gig it's a lovely walk around the lake back to the carparks. Plenty of food and drinks inside, and theres normally even a small acoustic band that plays in the main entrance area (last 2 times i went there, the bands played all acoustic songs of the main act you were going to see)

Also for any normal event the £8 parking charge at the LG arena is extortion. For a big gig you normally pay around £10, so the £8 is actually pretty good.

ive got tickets to both birmingham and manchester

i think the people on ebay should be shot, in the most painful place there is to be shot, double triple or even quadruple the face value?? disgusting

Most definitely agree with the latter comment.

I want to kill my sister at the minute though. After painfully buying tickets for the second night at the O2, she then finds out that her school trip is that same weekend.

Needless to say somehow finding Birmingham tickets seems to be our only option...

Doesn't look too promising though unless I find someone to swop :(

What are the chances that more tickets will be released for Birmingham? :(

zero

There may be tickets put back online from those people who either cancel or have card rejections. So keep an eye out. Otherwise, MuseBay or eBay or friends are your best bet.

I want to kill my sister at the minute though. After painfully buying tickets for the second night at the O2, she then finds out that her school trip is that same weekend.

Needless to say somehow finding Birmingham tickets seems to be our only option...

I'll buy your 27th tickets off you? I am seriously desperate for some.

I have 2 spare tickets for the LG Arena in Birmingham and would consider a swap with anyone maybe Manchester or London? I would be happy to travel to bring my tickets for the swap as soon as I have them.

Please email me if you would be seriously interested.

followthereaper@mac.com

We've booked a £19 Travelodge, room for three. Not sure which one it is though. Hope it's close to the venue.

It's the Travelodge Birmingham Aiport, the nearest one I could find. It's about 2.5 miles. :happy:

There are a few... which one is it and then I can google map it! Maybe we should be talking on FB about this haha!

We can work out details later. Probably best to discuss this on FB:LOL:

It's the Travelodge Birmingham Aiport, the nearest one I could find. It's about 2.5 miles. :happy:

We can work out details later. Probably best to discuss this on FB:LOL:

Yep :chuckle: I did a google last night of it, there's a shuttle bus service for people with flights to the airport area. I went to the airport earlier in the year on holiday (nope I didn't go on holiday in the airport :chuckle:) and the LG is really close.

Strange as there were still Etap ones available. Ah well.

Missed that.... I've never heard the name before but just googled it, it used to be called Ibis. It is nearer...Oh well it will be fine, we can get the shuttle bus, Travelodge was £10 cheaper anyway.:)

Really want tickets for this date. :supersad:

I've got a couple spare for Birmingham but they're seats in Block 9 upper tier...

Front facing so a nice direct view of the stage but obviously at the back up high so about as far away from the stage as you can get.

I bought more than I needed when I bought mine as I anticipated members on here would get screwed over by the touts buying the tickets up quickly so I've been hanging onto these in case a disappointed member wants them :)

Missed that.... I've never heard the name before but just googled it, it used to be called Ibis. It is nearer...Oh well it will be fine, we can get the shuttle bus, Travelodge was £10 cheaper anyway.:)

Just to make you aware the shuttle that goes to where the Travelodge is doesn't actually go to the Travelodge but the Holiday Inn and after 11pm stops unless requested by guests of the Holiday Inn. Maybe you can get a taxi.

Archived