I have a question for you all.

I'm 12, and my dad, who actually hates Muse, is taking me to the gig. Anyway, this is his, and also my, first concert, and we're going to be standing as I was lucky enough to get pre-sale tickets...

What time should I get to the venue to try and get a decent spot? I'd like to be at the front, maybe at the barrier, but middle would be fine, too.

This is the right thread, isn't it?

Thanks.

Honestly, if you're 12, then it would suggest you're not exactly gonna be a big person, so going near the barrier is an absolutely terrible idea. It is extremely rough, and as a 12 year old, even if you get to the front, there's no way you're gonna be able to stay there without getting pushed out the way. And if you're not at the barrier, you won't be able to see anything, so both is a bad thing. But honestly any decent spot while standing is no place for a 12 year old. I don't want to be patronizing or anything, but this was a bad idea.

So my advice... Don't try to get near the front, stand back a ways. Your dad obviously doesn't know much about concerts, because if he did and cares for you, he wouldn't do this. Not his fault, he's never been, but it's a tough place. You'll enjoy is so much more at your age by not going near the front. Hope you have fun though :)

Ok, normally I'm chilled about such things........ But WHERE ARE MY TICKETS???????!!!!!! Ordered presale with the official place (Gigs & Tours) and checked the status of my order and nothing yet!!! Am I the only one????? Please post if you HAVEN'T had your tickets, I'm getting a tad paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Ok, normally I'm chilled about such things........ But WHERE ARE MY TICKETS???????!!!!!! Ordered presale with the official place (Gigs & Tours) and checked the status of my order and nothing yet!!! Am I the only one????? Please post if you HAVEN'T had your tickets, I'm getting a tad paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I haven't got my tickets either, but I seem to remember the email said something about 2 weeks before the event. And 2 weeks before the event is like 1 and a half months away, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I haven't got mine either from Pre-sale Gigs & Tours. I'm not worried, the gig's ages away yet.

On the tracker it says 0% of the tickets have been dispatched, not sure if other people have received any from G&T. Just chill:cool:

Well that's it I've sold my ticket for this!

Amazed how quickly it went only mentioned it to a friend the other night that I was thinking of selling it and she mentioned it to a friend who has snapped it up for her teenage son - he's a massive Muse fan - so glad it's going to a good home. No hassle with posting it either which is good.

I decided to sell it as I've seen them several times and not keen on the 3 new songs I've heard recently. It's also a right hassle being on a work night I'd be out of the house by 8 for work then not home until about 1am. Would mean train then long bus or a silly priced taxi.

So for my £65 Muse ticket I've brought tickets for Kaiser Chiefs, Band of Skulls and Seth Lakeman.

I'll still be following the thread here but wont be attending now:D but strangely Im not worried about it - never thought I'd say that about Muse! I'm sure I'll see them next year somewhere as they will keep this tour going next year too I reckon. Maybe I can see them abroad next time linked to a city break:)

I haven't got mine either from Pre-sale Gigs & Tours. I'm not worried, the gig's ages away yet.

On the tracker it says 0% of the tickets have been dispatched, not sure if other people have received any from G&T. Just chill:cool:

Thanks for that ;) I'm just being a bit impatient!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, first time posting here for years if at all. Just wondering and i know its a bit of a random question....are there any locals who know if there will be anywhere to go after the gig? Im going with some friends, we only live an hour away so would usually drive but this time we want to be able to all have a drink so were getting a hotel in town but i have no idea if anywhere will be open should we want to continue the revelry after the gig has finished and weve got the train back into town. Ive booked a hotel near broad street thinking that surely somewhere must be open between there and new street but if anyone knows of any bars that actually do something on a wednesday night that lasts past 11 i would love to hear about it

This is going to be my 7th time seeing muse, born and raised down in plymouth so i will always be a devon boy at heart and i can honestly say im looking forward to this gig more than any of the other 6 so far! Cannot wait to see what they pull out of the bag!

Hey everyone, first time posting here for years if at all. Just wondering and i know its a bit of a random question....are there any locals who know if there will be anywhere to go after the gig? Im going with some friends, we only live an hour away so would usually drive but this time we want to be able to all have a drink so were getting a hotel in town but i have no idea if anywhere will be open should we want to continue the revelry after the gig has finished and weve got the train back into town. Ive booked a hotel near broad street thinking that surely somewhere must be open between there and new street but if anyone knows of any bars that actually do something on a wednesday night that lasts past 11 i would love to hear about it

This is going to be my 7th time seeing muse, born and raised down in plymouth so i will always be a devon boy at heart and i can honestly say im looking forward to this gig more than any of the other 6 so far! Cannot wait to see what they pull out of the bag!

Only been to Brum twice so no idea but there's bound to be places open in town. I am staying at the Etap @ the airport so not going anywhere.

BTW, when are people thinking of Qing?

We were thinking about staying locally but as weve all got the day off thought we would make a night of it, just a shame its midweek i guess but we can always do some shopping!

Were probably going to get there about 6:30, give chance for the queue to have died down a bit (hopefully)

We were thinking about staying locally but as weve all got the day off thought we would make a night of it, just a shame its midweek i guess but we can always do some shopping!

Were probably going to get there about 6:30, give chance for the queue to have died down a bit (hopefully)

6.30am or pm?

Archived