I had the original in the background. If I had a backing track then I'd re-upload it with that.

It's actually my DBBM. My animato is currently waiting to be toubleshooted but I don't have time at the moment. But I used the high pass filter to get closer to the animato sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! :)

First time poster here - one of my friends said I should share this with you guys, so hopefully you'll enjoy it!

I've made a medley of Muse riffs using a Royal Blood style setup where I just have a bass, and use an octave pedal to send the high frequencies to a guitar amp and the regular bass sound to my bass amp. I composed the medley myself and made the backing drums.

Of course, by composed, I mean I made the arrangement, not the riffs ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqFa5pkfYWw

Hopefully you'll enjoy it - I don't know how to embed videos into this form so I apologise for the link. Please do ask any questions if you have them! :)

Aza.

Edited by Matthijs
merged to the right thread: embedded video

Thanks man :)

Yeh it's just the bass split into 2 signals - one running straight into the bass amp, and one running into the Micro POG octaver and then on into the guitar amp with plenty of distortion added.

Have you tried the POG 2? I have the micro POG as well, and I seem to get some sort of bleed from a lower octave. I mostly use it on guitar though, and it works fine for that.

I'm basically doing it this way (if I remember correctly)

bass > micro POG > tuner in dry output (to mute the bass signal) > bass amp

and in the effect output of the micro POG, that goes into the guitar amp (always set on distorted)

I think that along with the zvex mastotron, the fender super sonic 22 is a massive part of his sound. I've got the head version, but I rarely use it as the reverb is broken (or just poorly designed) and it's far too dark with humbuckers.

Yup, that's me; didn't have time to set up the click properly so the beginning sucks... but thanks!

My tone: chain 1: russian muff clone into animato, chain 2: woolly mammoth, all together into my sansamp bass driver deluxe :)

Oh man that's a tasty setup! I've been playing Muse songs for 13 years but only bought a stomp box to try and do hysteria, and it sounded rubbish so never tried again until recently.

I'm basically doing it this way (if I remember correctly)

bass > micro POG > tuner in dry output (to mute the bass signal) > bass amp

and in the effect output of the micro POG, that goes into the guitar amp (always set on distorted)

Have you by any chance been watching my Royal Blood videos on YouTube explaining that exact setup? :) I'm now using the switchblade (which also has a tiny bit of bleed coming through), because I can have greater control - guitar, or bass, or both rather than just guitar or both.

The bleed doesn't bother me to be honest, because when I'm playing at my normal volume, it's not noticeable (to me anyway)

I've not used a POG2 - they look great but a bit out of my price range at present. Do you know what all the sliders on the pedal are for? An EQ or something?

Aza.

Have you by any chance been watching my Royal Blood videos on YouTube explaining that exact setup? :) I'm now using the switchblade (which also has a tiny bit of bleed coming through), because I can have greater control - guitar, or bass, or both rather than just guitar or both.

The bleed doesn't bother me to be honest, because when I'm playing at my normal volume, it's not noticeable (to me anyway)

I've not used a POG2 - they look great but a bit out of my price range at present. Do you know what all the sliders on the pedal are for? An EQ or something?

Aza.

Yeah I saw those, though I was doing something similar with an A/B box before that. Can't remember what, but it was a bit more complicated than the setup mentioned above, and a bit unnecessary (and it didn't have a bass only sound)

I'm guessing the bleed has to do with the micro POG rather than any of the other pedals. If you listen to those demos the first drummer (Matt something or other) posted on soundcloud, it also has that lower octave bleed (beginning of figure it out for example)... guessing the POG 2 doesn't have that

Here's a picture

pog2.png

Mike seems to set his with all sliders down except +1 octave and LP filter (though if this stores presets, I guess it's possible that he has some other settings)

Thanks for that man, very useful :)

I'm trying to not want the POG2 but I think I'll cave in one day - the presets thing is a good idea, but it does make it difficult for people like us wanting to see how he's got it set up - doesn't help that he has 2 either!

Think I'll stick with my simple setup for now at least...

Aza.

Thanks for that man, very useful :)

I'm trying to not want the POG2 but I think I'll cave in one day - the presets thing is a good idea, but it does make it difficult for people like us wanting to see how he's got it set up - doesn't help that he has 2 either!

Think I'll stick with my simple setup for now at least...

Aza.

Yeah definitely, though the settings do make sense to me. But you're right, as he's pretty secretive about his setup.

The micro POG does a good enough job, and I doubt I'll replace mine with the POG 2 (works fine for electric guitar which is my main instrument, and I don't have enough space on my pedalboard anyway :facepalm: )

Do you find this setup to be noisy? I get quite a bit of noise, but I'm pretty sure it's some sort of ground loop

Do you find this setup to be noisy? I get quite a bit of noise, but I'm pretty sure it's some sort of ground loop

Not that I've found, but I'm only using the 2 pedals - one on battery and one on an official boss power supply.

Hello K&T.

Yeh yeh, I'll shut up about pedals now - enjoy the medley!

Aza.