My sheet books are in Estonia, I've written it out there... basically release after your right hand is done, and quickly after your first left... it's tricky, probably the trickiest pedal play in any Muse song.

It's my personal preference though, I think Matt has it it including the bass note... I find it gets too messy :chuckle:

Ahh I think I know what you mean! I actually prefer the bass notes sustained, but then I like really meaty wide chords, so a bit of personal preference. Also it helps cover up my bad technique with some bass notes being quieter than others. :p

What do you do for the chorus? I don't pedal that, but find it annoying having a sudden pause in the bassline when I jump down an octave. I've also tried pedaling the last note and that sounds a bit weird as well.

I tried to do a video today recording just my pedal. Then I realised that I need to brush up on the song :chuckle:

Don't worry I could hear in your video what you're doing with the pedal. Not really my style, s'all.

Interestingly I posted this on reddit (asking for critique) and one guy agreed with you that there's too much sustain and it sounds muddy. He also asked me to repost it without Matt's voice though so idk. :LOL:

@ joemckie Would be better if you'd have done it on bass

@es: I don't agree on not having the vocals! I've always been against oversustaining, I don't like it as it is mostly done to cover up mistakes and sloppy playing styles, and a proper pedal technique makes your songs so much better to listen too.

@ joemckie Would be better if you'd have done it on bass

@es: I don't agree on not having the vocals! I've always been against oversustaining, I don't like it as it is mostly done to cover up mistakes and sloppy playing styles, and a proper pedal technique makes your songs so much better to listen too.

I'm pretty sure his bass is tuned like a guitar (as daft as it sounds), it's hard to tell... I did try it on bass but sounds 10x better on guitar

Judging by the videos, his strings are too thick to be tuned an octave higher than normal.

Yep, even on a low gauge it doesn't tune up that high (believe me, I tried :LOL:). There's 2 POG's though, but the sound's just far too digital to sound anything similar...

Yep, even on a low gauge it doesn't tune up that high (believe me, I tried :LOL:). There's 2 POG's though, but the sound's just far too digital to sound anything similar...

hes going through two pogs and a couple of distortion and fuzz on one channel that's split into two guitar amps, clean bass is on a second channel

Hello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0CzHgQab4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fue1wrVBA

Oh no i can't post directly here, please help me and tell me how to do it, thank you!

Matt like Chopin, maybe he played this piece in the past.

I will do a medley of fingerstyle muse covers soon,

Have a nice day

Edited by Matthijs
fixed the YT embedding :)

Hey everyone, here is a video I made today of me playing several Muse tunes on the piano. Muse helped me find interest in classical and subsequently expanded my pianoing. Also, in a few days, I will begin uploading tutorials for these pieces depending on which one get requested the most in the comments.

Hey everyone, here is a video I made today of me playing several Muse tunes on the piano. Muse helped me find interest in classical and subsequently expanded my pianoing. Also, in a few days, I will begin uploading tutorials for these pieces depending on which one get requested the most in the comments.

You have really nice technique! As a relatively new pianist I'm still trying to achieve a nice, clean attack like you do here. I'd be interested in hearing you play a full song, if you are game? Perhaps B&H in full with a tutorial afterwards.

Musically I'm a bit conflicted. There are some really good ideas in here, for e.g. I love what you did with the D7 chord in RBS. On the other hand there were a few parts that were overplayed, like Space Dementia, and Take a Bow was a bit too fast for my liking. These aren't criticisms per se, and it could be a matter of personal taste, but when it comes to musicality, especially for quieter parts of songs like you're playing here, I feel that less is often more.

Thank you Matthijs!!

Pianohero your medley is great!Congratulations! There's a lot of tunes in it, it's very clean and well played, plus a cool point of vue.

My first piano piece learned was new-born (very pedagogical with the arpeggios up and down)!

Muse songs are so beautiful to arrange just for instrumental versions!

Hey :)

This is my latest Muse cover, after more than 3 years :)

H9OJ2pTmm8k

My god it 's fucking cool! It seems really the real muse tune...at the beginning, because we want hear you sing!!But the whole thing is a fucking arrangement!

Well done my guitar friend!, Ok.. now just after this message I will record a muse medley...

but on a acoustic guitar, and without the "muse sound". Im so shmaed when I hear real rock band sound! but I like to understand matt's lines voice versus harmony via six strings (understanding why "it's a good note" (ex: oh ok it 's a second, etc.).But i can't upload videos when I want, [i must return to my parents home for that...hehe. So i rejoice to success to record medley of muse songs.

Now matter, I like muse fans. I hope they will not kill me when I will present ti them a muse music.

Edited by Terence Mckenna

http://youtu.be/ZCNN8GmKAwU

We finished our cover a few months ago... It's obviously not perfect but I really hope you like it. We are going to try to record a few more covers with a new singer because I'm not made for singing xD. Tell me what you think about it

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/somekindofuruguay

I think it's really cool, well played, sang strangely (second voice) at some moments but globally it's a success!

ps: if you want some old saloon music (ragtime) / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_NOTEvvnPw