Dear Niall

Neil.

I'm still discussing this matter with the other mods, it's not quite resolved yet, but it's not really a matter for public discussion. But he had accumulated a enough infractions to warrant a ban.

Yeah I can sort of understand him getting banned since he started being offensive so soon after his return :LOL:

Dat honey badger video is nastay

I'm still discussing this matter with the other mods, it's not quite resolved yet, but it's not really a matter for public discussion. But he had accumulated a enough infractions to warrant a ban.

also, from what I remember, ban duration is kinda automatically decided. when someone gets X number of infractions, warranting a temp ban, vbulliten essentially "suggests" a length. BUT, these lengths were set up ages ago after discussion. They can be changed, but they were set up to be consistent and fair.

I can't remember the lengths, and i can only assume it's still done that way, but it's like this:

Lets say Niall, being the big messer that he is ;) , gets himself 3 infractions. 1 for saying "The Resistance is WAAAAY better than OOS" and then a 2 point infraction for saying "The board definitely needs a thread on poo more than it needs a spidey thread." When the mod gives him that 2 point infraction, the vbulliten will say something like "accumulated infractions, ban length: 1 week" or whatever it might be. Now the mod could change it from 1 week to 100000000 years, but the lengths were set up for a reason, again, to be fair and consistent.

That's just some insight from my experience, and I'm sure the mods have no problem in me explaining it.

Niall,

The fuck has happened to your thread buddy? Need to lay down the hammer. Now I'm not saying that you should perma ban them but ... perma ban them.

I also have more musewiki questions.

I don't know James :( I've on holiday in Scotland and got the hotel wifi working and came on here and it's all spiderman.

Shoot away with the musewiki qs though!

I don't know James :( I've on holiday in Scotland and got the hotel wifi working and came on here and it's all spiderman.

Shoot away with the musewiki qs though!

Damn Scotland...

Well my first question is this:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner (note: I think that means you) reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."

I'll save my actual question for later because it would be much more useful if I could just link the page I'm referring too.

Have fun on your trip,

And/or

Astrophysics convention :pope: !

Ah bob owns musewiki but him, Matt (Tene) and myself are all admins. Bob started the site and added us later around 2007/8 I think.

It's just because the bandwidth limit has been exceeded with all the new visitors. Bob is going to buy more though :)

Archived