Dear Niall

Neil.

What the heck is the point of a Love Boat thread for album #6? It'd just be exactly the same as the one in S&R (where it is, at least, relevant) but would then be much harder to find! :erm:.

I just think this is silly overmodding of a very small/insignificant issue. Surely it's harder to mod 6/7 different threads which tangentially involve album #6 discussion when it could all be contained in one (as it was until it was locked)?

/two-cents. I'm not trying to put the boot in on purpose, it just seems quite illogical :).

I agree. the conversation has spread even into Live section.

My suggestion: find a knowledgeable volonteer mod or two to keep LP 6 discussion on topic at all times

You twat Niall. TWEETS man, TWEETS.

Have fun with the off topic

edit: Oh yeah, just ban Alex after one post too. You're turning this board into a pile of shite, twit.

OTT. Imho, and you know I'm friends with Alex, but it was pretty deserving. The topic of this thread past pages has been what to do with OT like Al's post and as has been said infractions and bans mean nothing so the ban hammer needs to start being used, which it has and should hopefully deter others from going off topic

That being said, I don't know how long he's been banned for, hopefully not too long

OTT. Imho, and you know I'm friends with Alex, but it was pretty deserving. The topic of this thread past pages has been what to do with OT like Al's post and as has been said infractions and bans mean nothing so the ban hammer needs to start being used, which it has and should hopefully deter others from going off topic

That being said, I don't know how long he's been banned for, hopefully not too long

Oh you know I'm not just talking about Al being banned

And also, you really think he'd have seen this thread?

Oh you know I'm not just talking about Al being banned

And also, you really think he'd have seen this thread?

It's kind of irrelevant whether he's seen this thread, the mods still need to make a point about people going off topic

Apparently his ban in 2 weeks which isn't bad, personally I think a 1 week ban would be better, but he's not gone for long anyway

You twat Niall. TWEETS man, TWEETS.

Have fun with the off topic

edit: Oh yeah, just ban Alex after one post too. You're turning this board into a pile of shite, twit.

He doesn't even need to have seen this thread. It clearly says in Niall's post from earlier today IN THE ALBUM THREAD that we will infract for any off-topic posts.

Not to mention people were saying in this very thread that no one was taking our "threats" seriously because all we supposedly would do is hand out warnings. So ta, we're taking it seriously.

Don't be so cocky, chicken bucket. :mad:

He doesn't even need to have seen this thread. It clearly says in Niall's post from earlier today IN THE ALBUM THREAD that we will infract for any off-topic posts.

Not to mention people were saying in this very thread that no one was taking our "threats" seriously because all we supposedly would do is hand out warnings. So ta, we're taking it seriously.

Don't be so cocky, chicken bucket. :mad:

Cocky...?

Anyway, I know why Alex was banned, it's fair enough. It's more the opening itself that strikes me as stupid, there's nothing but tweets to discuss, it will go off topic, one way or another.

Not to mention the other ridiculous things Niall's done recently...

Cocky...?

Anyway, I know why Alex was banned, it's fair enough. It's more the opening itself that strikes me as stupid, there's nothing but tweets to discuss, it will go off topic, one way or another.

Not to mention the other ridiculous things Niall's done recently...

We've reopened it because the majority of people seem to want it open. It was only closed in the first place for the obvious reason of off-topic spam. If we can eliminate the spam by being more diligent w/ moderating, there shouldn't be any problems.

We've reopened it because the majority of people seem to want it open. It was only closed in the first place for the obvious reason of off-topic spam. If we can eliminate the spam by being more diligent w/ moderating, there shouldn't be any problems.

Well if that means infracting/banning every single person who posts off topic, then you're gonna be banning a lot of people, including MMers :LOL:

Have you even considered that people who contribute to the discussions might unwittingly post off topic because there's basically hardly anything to talk about?

Ofc if news does start coming through then my points will be totally irrelevant, just seems that to me that it was silly to re-open it while there's not much to talk about

Well apparently people like to speculate about what news there isn't, and as long as it's topical, I see no probelm. For example, currently people are talking about whether or not there might be b-sides. That is related to the album, even it it's not news. We just don't want people discussing boobs and pie, unless Tom says that's the album title. :)

Well if that means infracting/banning every single person who posts off topic, then you're gonna be banning a lot of people, including MMers :LOL:

Out of curiosity, are you suggesting that they did not plan on infracting MMers? Only the KnTers?

Out of curiosity, are you suggesting that they did not plan on infracting MMers? Only the KnTers?

There's a conspiracy against us don't you know?

Yeah it's blates a conspiracy?!

Nah, I wasn't. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they were more lenient.

There's a conspiracy against us don't you know?

Yeah it's blates a conspiracy?!

Nah, I wasn't. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they were more lenient.

I'd have to agree. I understand why he was infracted (and why they felt they needed to send a message) but nevertheless I thought it was excessive. He took a hit for the entire board.

Have you even considered that people who contribute to the discussions might unwittingly post off topic because there's basically hardly anything to talk about?

Ofc if news does start coming through then my points will be totally irrelevant, just seems that to me that it was silly to re-open it while there's not much to talk about

Well if there is nothing to talk about then don't post it's quite simple really.

Otherwise he was not banned just for that post he got infracted and that plus the other points he had lead to a ban.

Well if there is nothing to talk about then don't post it's quite simple really.

Otherwise he was not banned just for that post he got infracted and that plus the other points he had lead to a ban.

:LOL: Are we allowed to know what his other infractions were for? I'm not gonna dispute them I just want to know

He was poking the mods with a stick and took the hit. Stop crying about it little darlings. If you want some one to blame: it's all Dee's fault for wanting harsher moderation and Clunge's fault for wanting the thread back open :awesome:

The bastards

I think any big issues with moderation have always been blown out of proportion. This is still a pretty small community and it would take a pretty dedicated cunt to cause anything more than some aggravation of a bad decision.

And I love Al, but the warning was right there. Can't be helped that he just happened to have enough points built up.

Archived