james90

y no sxc

Thanks

I've made some subtle improvements though.

floor_tom.jpg~original

Needs moar gold and more crappy mobile phone pic. Like my Precision getting a hardware upgrade today... I don't care what people say, the standard MIM Precision bridges are shite.

1901742_10153929585615122_794124350_n.jpg

To be fair, mine needs moar wooden floor.

Needs moar gold and more crappy mobile phone pic. Like my Precision getting a hardware upgrade today... I don't care what people say, the standard MIM Precision bridges are shite.

1901742_10153929585615122_794124350_n.jpg

To be fair, mine needs moar wooden floor.

I've thought about replacing my MIM bridge with a badass bridge to make it more Oliveri. And replacing the pickgaurd with a brass one.

Badass bridges: do recommend. Funnily enough I don't have them on mine, but I've heard basses improve the sound (mostly sustain) a lot!

Well the main reason I did it was because I found the stock bridge allows the string to move around quite a lot. It doesn't have a set position on the saddle, just a whole lot of grooves which when at tension doesn't mean too much, it means you have to pay a lot of attention to how you string them up to ensure the string is where you want it. The stock one is a really cheaply manufactured bridge.

Also in my case, ALL of the height adjustments seized up so I wasn't able to adjust them which I needed to do after I had the headstock repaired last year. This wasn't about tone, this was about playability and intonation (which I suppose is tone in a sense) and the playability of this bass has improved in my case. It feels so much smoother to play and I don't feel like I need to sit an elephant on the fretboard to get the higher frets. Still can't get it as low as my other basses but it's lower than Fender's setup guide... :confused: It's partly my fault.

Not going to avoid saying this either, I am insanely jealous of you and that Ibanez. That colour and that quilt. :) New pants required.

Edited by Crowella

I think I've clearly just become single when my room looks like this. :LOL:

The Kawai sounds pretty damn good for the age. Also feels better to play than any Roland IMO (it's a weighting thing). Only thing that would top this for me is a Korg SV-1 (with all the tubey goodness)

lunYQpN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

photo1_zps3d603026.jpg

photo3_zps0ff8e6d6.jpg

photo2_zps90270939.jpg

And my newest addition...

5fd16bd09b3a11e3a0390eb4b396ac69_8.jpg

Amps:

Sears Silvertone

Fender Deluxe Reverb

Ampeg Jet

Guitars:

1978 BC Rich Mockingbird (Custom Shop)

1991 Fender Stratocaster

2011 Custom Telecaster (made from a kit)

Plenty of acoustics that my Dad has made lying around...

1950's Gibson ES-125 (Not Pictured)

Bass:

Ibanez Atk Series

Effects:

Blues Driver

Synth Wah

Rocktron Banshee Talkbox

Chorus

Compressor

Fuzz Factory

Synthesizers:

microKORG

Access Virus Ti2

Mics:

AT A4040 + A4042

Blue Spark

Interface:

FocusRite Pro 24 DSP

Hows it feel going from that mockingbird to a telecaster?! I used to play my buddies all the time at his place before he sold it, it had a baseball bat for a neck. Made my Les Paul neck feel tiny!

Because of the way I play I actually don't feel the back of the neck as much as a regular player. I do grab on to it when I'm doing certain chords but most of the time I just play over the top of the neck. Reason why is because of a stupid syndrome I have which effected my left hand. My Dad has the telecaster setup to his liking... The neck is pretty thick. The mockingbird's neck is thinner than the all of the electrics I have. Actually need to replace the pots on the mockingbird...

man basses are so hot.

speaking of hot basses, i'm hella poor but really want/need a good bass for some music projects i'm starting with some friends, do you guys have any recommendations for relatively cheap basses but are still good quality?

thank uuu

man basses are so hot.

speaking of hot basses, i'm hella poor but really want/need a good bass for some music projects i'm starting with some friends, do you guys have any recommendations for relatively cheap basses but are still good quality?

thank uuu

Squires are good. About €250.

A well-kept Squire won't let you down. One someones fucked around will.

Very true. You could probably get a second hand one for about €100. While we're on the topic I'd recommend a Jazz over a Precision. Why? They're nicer to play. The neck isn't as thick as on a P-bass, the tone is more versatile and tbh it's nicer. All I've ever been able to make my P do is go BOOM. Also the two pick-ups are nice to anchor your thumb on giving you a range of different positions to pluck, whereas on the P you can only anchor your thumb in the one spot and you're essentially stuck plucking in that one spot. That goes out the window if you play with a plectrum though.

Nothing against P-basses btw. Jazzes just fit me better.

My baby

180019_1594919909450_6196126_n.jpg

man basses are so hot.

thank uuu

I'm not sure where you're based but there's usually a lot of decently priced basses on basschat, I'd definitely recommend a Squire Vintage Modified Jazz.

(my baby:

8395336982_02aa94be5c.jpg)