james90

I can confirm this.

15052012forumupload.jpg

But really, I need a new tuner. How's the tracking on the polytune?

I really need to get a new picture of my stuff when I get back, haha! That one's got to be about 18 months old by now. That was my MB-1 when it still had its original paper in the screen too (with the dark patch in the middle) - they changed it to a different one when it went in for its repairs for some reason.

I can confirm this.

15052012forumupload.jpg

But really, I need a new tuner. How's the tracking on the polytune?

dont you just want to hear bs' custom guitar with fuzz turned on, fuzz probe on and fuzz factory turned on. I'm hoping one will inverse the other and create an amazing bliss of fuzz. that or it's just going to be sludgy mud

I really need to get a new picture of my stuff when I get back, haha! That one's got to be about 18 months old by now. That was my MB-1 when it still had its original paper in the screen too (with the dark patch in the middle) - they changed it to a different one when it went in for its repairs for some reason.

Has anything else changed in your setup?

I just ordered the polytune 2... in Bs' size :eyebrows:

The dark patch on the X-Y pad never bothered me. Are the lights still as bright as before?

I think so - hard to judge as most of the time since it changed I've been playing in daylight really - before it was the winter and it was a lot more noticeable a lot more of the time. Is the dark patch just to let the light show through more then, or what? Never understood it to be honest - mine just got changed for some reason, haha! It's a slightly different look and texture but obviously it still does the job it's supposed to so it doesn't really matter.

And good man! Anything else changed in my set up since when? The picture? I know I added a line selector and Kaossilator Pro, as well as my MIDI box set up, plus the pedalboards are a lot better laid out now, and the amp is on a stand, the power supply system has completely changed, and I was waiting for the custom to add the GR-55. Apart from that, I was going to add a Cathedral Reverb when I got back too and that would be everything - pictures next Sept/Oct obviously! :LOL:

I recently changed around my pedal board. It's messy but i'm looking to get a pedal train in the hopes it won't pick up the dogs hairs ¬_¬

9vvj.jpg

You should do some recordings for us!! Especially animato, I know Kaputsport has done it too, but he has too much gear we'll never have :chuckle: I'd love to hear that in a less expensive setup.

I recently changed around my pedal board. It's messy but i'm looking to get a pedal train in the hopes it won't pick up the dogs hairs ¬_¬

I don't have a dog and all my stuff still ends up covered in hairs somehow. :(

I don't have a dog and all my stuff still ends up covered in hairs somehow. :(

Yeah, you always seemed like more of a cat person to me. But then you probably don't have one of those either.

here is my setup, I hadnt posted it up before. Shame I currently only have these two guitars with me atm missing a nice single coil strat

Nice. What do you think of the vox? I had the CC2 a while back and it was a good amp, but I'm really interested in these HW ones.

I think so - hard to judge as most of the time since it changed I've been playing in daylight really - before it was the winter and it was a lot more noticeable a lot more of the time. Is the dark patch just to let the light show through more then, or what? Never understood it to be honest - mine just got changed for some reason, haha! It's a slightly different look and texture but obviously it still does the job it's supposed to so it doesn't really matter.

And good man! Anything else changed in my set up since when? The picture? I know I added a line selector and Kaossilator Pro, as well as my MIDI box set up, plus the pedalboards are a lot better laid out now, and the amp is on a stand, the power supply system has completely changed, and I was waiting for the custom to add the GR-55. Apart from that, I was going to add a Cathedral Reverb when I got back too and that would be everything - pictures next Sept/Oct obviously! :LOL:

I don't know really, I thought it might have something to do with that, but maybe not.

You need a whammy IV for your MB-1. Unfortunately I sold your old one to some lad on here :supersad: He probably didn't even realize how special it was!

I don't know if I'll change anything on my pedalboard besides the tuner. I should be able to use my VG-8 soon, but I'm wondering if I'm missing out since that thing is at least ten years old

Doesn't matter as long as I can play muscle museum I guess

Yeah, you always seemed like more of a cat person to me. But then you probably don't have one of those either.

I don't, sadly, but I do love cats. :pussy:

I don't have any plans to get another Whammy anyway - I love my DT too much!

Nice. What do you think of the vox? I had the CC2 a while back and it was a good amp, but I'm really interested in these HW ones.

I am really pleased with it, sounds fantastic. Great cleans and the top boost channel is good as well. Was really surprised with how nice it was when I tested it, the HW AC15 sounded better to me than the AC15 and AC30 that were in the store at the same time. I would recommend if someone is looking for a new amp to give the HW voxs a test at least!

I am really pleased with it, sounds fantastic. Great cleans and the top boost channel is good as well. Was really surprised with how nice it was when I tested it, the HW AC15 sounded better to me than the AC15 and AC30 that were in the store at the same time. I would recommend if someone is looking for a new amp to give the HW voxs a test at least!

Sounds good. Does it have to be cranked up all the way for the distorted sounds to be good, or is the master volume useful? I have an old AC30 head (non top boost) which doesn't have a master volume, but even the clean sounds aren't their best until it's turned up a bit.

I don't, sadly, but I do love cats. :pussy:

I don't have any plans to get another Whammy anyway - I love my DT too much!

I love your DT as well, but you can't do that momentary whammying with that or the whammy 5.

I think Jaicen said there was a way around it, but I don't want to mess with it.

Yeah, I can't do momentary XY stuff with it, but the list of things I do use it for is significantly longer - without a doubt my most important pedal, or at least behind the Dickinson D1 which is my main tone machine.

Sounds good. Does it have to be cranked up all the way for the distorted sounds to be good, or is the master volume useful? I have an old AC30 head (non top boost) which doesn't have a master volume, but even the clean sounds aren't their best until it's turned up a bit.

I find the master volume useful, I tend to run it at 1/5 vol normally when practising and it sounds good. It is true that it sounds nicer louder but I wouldnt say it is a significant difference at the lower volumes unless you are almost at 0 vol. It just about works as an amp you could use in a bedroom provided you dont have angry neighbours and you avoid accidentally hitting the master vol bypass switch :)

I find the master volume useful, I tend to run it at 1/5 vol normally when practising and it sounds good. It is true that it sounds nicer louder but I wouldnt say it is a significant difference at the lower volumes unless you are almost at 0 vol. It just about works as an amp you could use in a bedroom provided you dont have angry neighbours and you avoid accidentally hitting the master vol bypass switch :)

Yeah the master volume bypass switch could be a problem! Definitely need to check one of these out.

Yeah, I can't do momentary XY stuff with it, but the list of things I do use it for is significantly longer - without a doubt my most important pedal, or at least behind the Dickinson D1 which is my main tone machine.

it's always amp distortion for me.

jLNZC.jpg

Also, I got my polytune 2 yesterday. Tracking is LOADS better than that other thing. Shame the strum mode doesn't work with a 7 string, but at least it can be tuned separately.

http://youtu.be/AqBWtqbmtrg

Demo of my modified Boss DS1.

nice, so is it in stock mode when the red LED is off? definitely sounds better with it on.

hmm ok then. i imagine it sounds better through the super bass - i don't think i've ever run effects into a simulator.

Also, another edition of "videos of your gear" for Bs. I was going to demo it, but discovered what appear to be phasing issues on some of the channel modes on the marshall :\ sounds pretty good otherwise...

cr53W62-Qew

hmm ok then. i imagine it sounds better through the super bass - i don't think i've ever run effects into a simulator.

I did link to the recording, so just download that and run it through your amp(s). ;)

The problem with internet demos is amps have a massive impact on the sound, the microphone, how it is positioned, the room... everything fucks with the sound. If I changed the amp simulation, the sound would be totally different.

If you go to the Plug Your Band thread and find the sampler of Tourists I put up, I reckon you'd be hard pushed to tell me what equipment I was actually using there.

Awesome set up, proper gassing for that marshall for a long time now, so might have to take the plunge soon... The Ce-7 looking badass in the corner :awesome:

Thanks, and it's pretty nice. The 2 channel version still has six modes, so it has plenty of sounds available. Just requires a bit of tap dancing with the footswitch :\

I'd recommend it either way.

You should tape up your leads a bit from your pedalboard to make a mini loom thing

I tried that before, but ended up having to undo them. I might buy one of those things that wrap around the cables completely.

Bs did you like my video? I hope I didn't embarrass you at the end there.. I know how you had me buy the cables because you were a bit shy dealing with the cable shop