james90

Get the OC-2 you skank! :awesome:

Give me the money you philanthropist :awesome:

I'm giving the Octaver a 2nd chance. I took it out before because it couldn't go lower than the A string. I'm gonna test it for beefing up more melodic parts.

What do you think of the ibanez session man? Those ones from the 80's (10 series I think?) were generally pretty good, but I'm not familiar with that one

Dave how are you running your pedals with the LS-2 exactly?

Good to see the llama is still there!

yeh I love it. It's quite difficult to set just right as it can suck out the low end, but once it's right it's RIGHT

What do you think of the ibanez session man?

It's an SS10, chorus and distortion. I use it mainly for distortion. The chorus acts as a bit of a clean blend for me. Used in this way on low gain it's incredibly responsive. I have it pretty much always on. When I want a nice clean sound, I just pluck gently. When I want it to dirt up, I pluck harder. When I want it to smack you in the face I slap.

It's without a doubt my favorite dirt pedal ever, and if you ever see one, you have to buy it for me for a backup.

i like the amount of dirt but the only other effect is flange?!

I'm not doing any paying gigs right now so I've no funds :/

Dave how are you running your pedals with the LS-2 exactly?

Looks like this:

Signal -> LS: Clean Blend / Drive, Muff -> Flanger -> Octaver -> Volume pedal

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER.

Tell him what he's won, Johnny!

yeh I love it. It's quite difficult to set just right as it can suck out the low end, but once it's right it's RIGHT

It's an SS10, chorus and distortion. I use it mainly for distortion. The chorus acts as a bit of a clean blend for me. Used in this way on low gain it's incredibly responsive. I have it pretty much always on. When I want a nice clean sound, I just pluck gently. When I want it to dirt up, I pluck harder. When I want it to smack you in the face I slap.

It's without a doubt my favorite dirt pedal ever, and if you ever see one, you have to buy it for me for a backup.

Why didn't you tell me before? I could probably find one easily enough, but I'd be tempted to keep it for myself

What's your amp setup? I was pretty much set on getting an Orange combo, but it's a bit much since I would probably never use it outside of recording...but I do have something else in mind, which is 150 watts, and VALVE

:awesome:

You've won one week worth of hyper music tones. :love: Delivery in approximately 4-6 weeks.

Also, speaking of that, I've just got my LS-2 which I'm going to use with that pedal. I'm not sure what it can do for my guitar setup though (besides switch between amps)

You've won one week worth of hyper music tones. :love: Delivery in approximately 4-6 weeks.

Also, speaking of that, I've just got my LS-2 which I'm going to use with that pedal. I'm not sure what it can do for my guitar setup though (besides switch between amps)

You can set it up so that it'll knock off a selection of pedals or change between two sets. So you could go from your distortion/overdrive tone to your clean, heavily modulated tone with one touch.

Mm, if you have a separate piezo output maybe blend that with distorted tones for extra twang?

Mm, if you have a separate piezo output maybe blend that with distorted tones for extra twang?

that's an interesting idea. they only have one output though, but i'm not sure how different it would sound anyway. the piezo is still pretty clear, even with distortion

Why didn't you tell me before? I could probably find one easily enough, but I'd be tempted to keep it for myself

What's your amp setup? I was pretty much set on getting an Orange combo, but it's a bit much since I would probably never use it outside of recording...but I do have something else in mind, which is 150 watts, and VALVE

oh it's still a shitty peavey combo, I use that BDI21 as an amp modeller, the combo just makes it louder, it's OK and always sounds great through a PA

About the SS10s though, I thought I had mentioned them, but yeh I can't find one anywhere, I do search once or twice a month

It won't work with amp distortion though :(

The piezo? Yeah I guess, it does stay a bit clean, but then I can blend it with the magnetic pickup (neck P90 for instant micro cuts outro :facemelt: )

oh it's still a shitty peavey combo, I use that BDI21 as an amp modeller, the combo just makes it louder, it's OK and always sounds great through a PA

About the SS10s though, I thought I had mentioned them, but yeh I can't find one anywhere, I do search once or twice a month

I'll have to see what I can find. You don't need any clean blend with this peddle because of the chorus function?

I'll have to see what I can find. You don't need any clean blend with this peddle because of the chorus function?

yeh and it has quite a bit of low end anyway. I still do blend it as it's in my chain there, but when I play guitar I go straight through it, it's fucking ace. Honestly if you get one you'll love it

it'll be on guitar and bass on most of the weird solo stuff here:

but I'm not sure which ones... I set up an amp sim in Cubase which is almost identical so I use that when I'm at home

oh, actually, this definitely has it on all the bass: http://kilta.co.uk/

That was recorded ages ago, not a great mix, but you should get the idea anyway

EDIT: just had a quick look and saw an SS20 on Ebay - looks pretty cool! £80 for that SS10... it is overpriced but I'm still tempted

Edited by cheddatom

• 2 weeks later...