james90

• 2 weeks later...
Please tell that sounds as good as I hope it does.

I can't make a fair judgement since I don't have the proper amp setup yet, but it sounds pretty good to me. Very full sounding, and the treble/bass control is pretty useful. Not really sure about the pan control though.

Oh man that looks great! The package should arrive within a few days, I'll have some fun with different basses, blends and chains ;)

Yeah it's really nice; can't wait to run it through a proper amp and cabinet. Right now I'm just using the OR120 (which is sort of a general purpose amp, so not the worst choice) and my 2x12.

And that sounds good, let me know how it goes. I'm actually more curious what it sounds like with guitar, as the clone I had was unusable (and not in a good way) but it did sound ok with bass. Probably wasn't the most accurate clone of course.

Big Muff, LS-2, Animato, OC-2, and some filter/chorusy stuff.

I've got the LS-2 and animato covered (hopefully?)

That ibanez distortion also has built in delay (yeah you heard me Jim) but I don't use that part of the pedal at all.

I properly learned the verses for new born yesterday. Sort of knew them from messing around on guitar, but never did it on bass before... some of that was a bit of a workout

I properly learned the verses for new born yesterday. Sort of knew them from messing around on guitar, but never did it on bass before... some of that was a bit of a workout

New Born fucks up my left hand royally by the end of it and B&H as well as Stockholm Syndrome ruins my right hand (I try closer to the bridge to pluck faster).

Anyway, pedal group photo time. I have more but need to figure out what to use. Number of pedals used by me in my current band properly. 1. The tuner. :stunned:

(I miss my good phone for photos)

10462725_10154434349325122_3090467854291997899_n.jpg

(BMP clone tweaked for guitar, Microsynth, Whammy, BMP again, Korg Tuner, LS2, EA Tremolo, Bazz Fuss, Hogs Foot/Mole, Mooer Pure Octave, Wooly Mammoth - Not pictured, SHO clone, FF clone, Phase 90 clone, Flashback x4 which is getting unbelievable mileage from our guitarist)

New Born fucks up my left hand royally by the end of it and B&H as well as Stockholm Syndrome ruins my right hand (I try closer to the bridge to pluck faster).

Haven't really tried those other two (I'm mainly using a pick btw :ninja: ) but I'm slowly getting used to playing new born. I'm mainly having trouble playing the bit around the 2nd fret cleanly, as it requires all that sliding back and forth

Flashback x4 which is getting unbelievable mileage from our guitarist

Good to see it's getting used. It's weird about the dotted eighth setting... the standard flashback I have now seems to do it just fine

what's 2nd fret part on new born are we talking about?

G----4-------

D-------4--5

A--2---------

D------------

That bit. I've only tried playing it like Chris does though, so I'm not sure if there's an easier way to do it.

Also, no pedal shaped packages yet, Matthijs? Maybe it's in customs, but I'm not sure how it works

G----4-------

D-------4--5

A--2---------

D------------

That bit. I've only tried playing it like Chris does though, so I'm not sure if there's an easier way to do it.

Also, no pedal shaped packages yet, Matthijs? Maybe it's in customs, but I'm not sure how it works

Oh right didn't realise we were talking about bass!

G----4-------

D-------4--5

A--2---------

D------------

I play it 2 on A with Index, 4 on G with pinky, 4 on D with Ring, 5 on D with pink. Keeps close to a same pattern going right across the riff

I play it 2 on A with Index, 4 on G with pinky, 4 on D with Ring, 5 on D with pink. Keeps close to a same pattern going right across the riff

Yeah I was thinking that might be a better way to do it, but I imagine there's still a bit of a jump.

Yeah I was thinking that might be a better way to do it, but I imagine there's still a bit of a jump.

I've gotten so used to big stretches that it feels normal to me. I actually picked up the Billy Talent DLC for Rocksmith, I love the shit out of Ian D'sa's guitar style.

There are some big as stretches he plays all over the place.

He plays in drop D, he had stuff like

D|-5---5---5--

A|-----------1--

D|-5---3---1--

Messing with it has really made my hands do such bigger stretches

• 1 month later...