james90

more boring than the new tele (sorry MFC), but...

strats.jpg

also, the muscle museum pedal. :rolleyes: someone was kind enough to tell me what the settings were, but as Jaicen mentioned in the other thread, it seems you have to edit existing patches... I don't know if I can use the effect on its own

Roland_VG-8.jpg

very cool either way, even if it's now obsolete....

more boring than the new tele (sorry MFC), but...

strats.jpg

also, the muscle museum pedal. :rolleyes: someone was kind enough to tell me what the settings were, but as Jaicen mentioned in the other thread, it seems you have to edit existing patches... I don't know if I can use the effect on its own

Roland_VG-8.jpg

Those strats are looking awesome :D All ways feel the need to jam some Chili pepper stuff when I play a strat :D FRUCIANTE IS GOD :D

Roland_VG-8.jpg

Is this as in the pedal Bells supposedly lost? Was this used for the weird pitch shift/sweepy mod intro?

Roland_VG-8.jpg

Are there any good videos on the net about that pedal? maybe it sounds shit in a good way so i can add it to my GAS list

Make Noise René/Pressure Points

Oakley Diode Superladder

ADA Flanger

Uni-vibe

Ludwig Phase II

EHX DMM

4ms atoner

Arion SPH-1

Arion SAD-1

Ibanez Cyberdrive

SonicCrayon Moth

Lovetone Ringstinger

Polivoks VCF

some looper

[ATTACH]15155[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15156[/ATTACH]

This the start of something beautiful.

do tell

Is this as in the pedal Bells supposedly lost? Was this used for the weird pitch shift/sweepy mod intro?

yeah. the sweep that was used sometimes came from the DL-4, but the main harmonizer effect came from this. he usually blended it with the dry signal as well. it's pretty different sounding from the whammy harmonizer.

do tell

yeah. the sweep that was used sometimes came from the DL-4, but the main harmonizer effect came from this. he usually blended it with the dry signal as well. it's pretty different sounding from the whammy harmonizer.

It is pretty different. I had MM on repeat yesterday due to all this talk re: Whammy vs VG8 and honestly, I don't think it sounds like a VG8 at all. If you listen really closely you can hear the dodgy pitchshift artefacts on the studio recording. You don't get them with the VG8 due to the polyphonic pitch shifting, it's much cleaner.

Now i'm willing to accept that it may be the VG8, but my personal stance is that it is the Whammy + Clean signal.

I was referring to this sound. I had forgotten that the studio and live effects are different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX4K1kB5-kU

apparently it's the harmonizer set a 3rd up. key of A (F#m). Sounds pretty close to me, but I don't know if he's using any other effects on top of that.

Also, how do you have it installed on your guitar? I've noticed how Matt has two cables coming from that guitar, so he's getting the GK signal and the magnetic signal separately. His early live setups seemed very confusing... mainly because of the amp setup he had going on

I was referring to this sound. I had forgotten that the studio and live effects are different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX4K1kB5-kU

apparently it's the harmonizer set a 3rd up. key of A (F#m). Sounds pretty close to me, but I don't know if he's using any other effects on top of that.

Also, how do you have it installed on your guitar? I've noticed how Matt has two cables coming from that guitar, so he's getting the GK signal and the magnetic signal separately. His early live setups seemed very confusing... mainly because of the amp setup he had going on

remember matt is Bi-amping with this rig so it could be 4-5 things at once.

ive made a quick video and ill upload it for you guys tomorrow showing the 3 stages of this sound.

the studio is a tricky one though.

remember matt is Bi-amping with this rig so it could be 4-5 things at once.

ive made a quick video and ill upload it for you guys tomorrow showing the 3 stages of this sound.

the studio is a tricky one though.

Sounds good

And yeah, how do you suppose he has his amps setup exactly?

That homemade switcher has really confused me. No idea how everything is setup with that

But I figure it's a wet dry setup of sorts.

edit:

2003_Parker_P38.jpgIMG_1863.jpg

Edited by james90

Seriously, if you really think that it's the whammy, try to play the little riff at the beginning...That's a simple proof of using harmonizer.

He doesn't play it like the official tab :

--------------------------------------------------|

--10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-14-14-14-12-12-12-10-10-|

--11-11-11-11-11-11-11-11-14-14-14-13-13-13-11-11-|

-------------------------------------------------- etc...

He just play the G string, and the octave on E string, that's why we can see that he uses two fingers for playing the riff , the second note is made by the harmonizer.

About his routing, I'm pretty sure that the VG8 has his own amp ( or plugged in console ). For example, in showbiz :

at 1:48 , there are two different sounds, the main sound, and something like tremolo and pitch shifter.

For the other things, I don't think there's a particular routing, the homemade switcher is just for switching between decatone, jcm2000 and other... But I don't really know, just an idea.

Just watched that vid and some other contemporary vids and reached one conclusion.

Whatever he is using, it sounds shit.

For example:

I'm fairly sure that this is the VG8.

Compare that to his rig here, it sounds a lot fatter and much better.