james90

never heard of Gallis! Just had a google and they do look good but I can't see a 6 string set

I used to use Elites all the time. I decided to try out Newtone which are custom wound, like really heavy. My low B is .140 They cost £45 so not cheap at all. I was expecting something amazing, but to be honest they're just like the Elites, although not as harsh on the fingers for the first few plays (Elites are quite abrasive for a while).

I've been playing bass for well over 10 years and I've probably tried 3 or 4 brands of string... I should really find the right ones for me but being 6 strings it's so expensive!!

I've been playing bass for well over 10 years and I've probably tried 3 or 4 brands of string... I should really find the right ones for me but being 6 strings it's so expensive!!

Try Status strings, They're as durable as DR's, but are a little easier on the hands. Sound great, too

didn't realize he played one

i'm curious what this is though

Yeah, he first got one like yours for Humbug I think (love Humbug, top 3 albums ever) and on the last tour he got that one you linked. Apparently it's a custom Warmoth

It's actually after seeing them live that I started planning my jazzmaster :LOL:

Yeah, he first got one like yours for Humbug I think (love Humbug, top 3 albums ever) and on the last tour he got that one you linked. Apparently it's a custom Warmoth

It's actually after seeing them live that I started planning my jazzmaster :LOL:

I think Humbug's the worst AM album :LOL:

better picture

2012_Fender_Jazzmaster_zps5d1765d0.jpg

i ordered one of those weird looking bridges for it...really not a fan of the one it has now.

could've just put a mustang bridge on, but i want to be a corksniffer like Jim

:LOL:

Decided to just go with a Mustang on mine for now, but by the time I get it ill probably have ordered a Mastery instead.

How about a Schaller roller bridge and a Bigsby :awesome:

no? :supersad:

if only it were possible :supersad:

when's your new guitar being built?

:LOL:

Decided to just go with a Mustang on mine for now, but by the time I get it ill probably have ordered a Mastery instead.

it would certainly be an improvement over the stock one. no idea how to properly line the strings up in those grooves on the saddles

actually, a mustang bridge would be even easier to work with since it already matches the radius...shit

was just talking to Phil about it. The neck from two L Phill should arrive before the end of the yearish, then I need to take it all to uni where Phil will drill the remaining holes in the body and do the sunburst finish, then preeeetty much it's just assembling. Just the odd bits and bobs I need to get now which I'll buy beginning of Jan. Basically should be done around February

it would certainly be an improvement over the stock one. no idea how to properly line the strings up in those grooves on the saddles

actually, a mustang bridge would be even easier to work with since it already matches the radius...shit

Aye :awesome: