james90

I knew the Micro CL was pretty small but I didn't realise it was quite that small :eek: It almost looks like childrens toy :LOL: But I adore the sound of it, I think that is probably what I'll buy when my BA115hp dies next :LOL:. The aerodyne is sexy is fuck too. I'm jealous.

Yeh for a stack its tiny but it can still through out one hell of a punch though

Glad you're liking the Bunrunner, James! Now you need to get it signed by Shrew :awesome:

But how do I get him to follow me on twitter? THEN my life will be complete

edit: i forgot... I don't have twitter..

Also, is shrew's an older version? doesn't have the same control layout as mine

any of you hear the talk about how the astro mess is a blatant, unauthorized, and overpriced clone of Devi Ever's Hyperion? It's pretty laughable that JHS has denied the accusations, when Switchfoot's guitarist said in an interview that the bunrunner was made for him with a built in hyperion clone. Then they analyzed the Hyperion circuit next to the astro mess, and proved that it was a clone. JHS still hasn't owned up to it... Not saying it's not a good sounding pedal, but JHS has left such a bad impression on me with all that.

my board's growin... never liked having too many pedals but I'm finding that it's helping my playing and not hurting so... whatever.

TZFbpl.jpeg

it's in some disarray right now cause I'm borrowing a friend's Mr. Black Supermoon. Really cool reverb :) I might buy one some time next year.

and then there's my trusty amp :) my favorite toy.

Qm0hnl.jpeg

Edited by andygator

But how do I get him to follow me on twitter? THEN my life will be complete

edit: i forgot... I don't have twitter..

Also, is shrew's an older version? doesn't have the same control layout as mine

Yeah, yours is the V.2 with the order toggle, mine doesn't have that.

You have to meet him to get him to follow you on Twitter. Then your life will be complete.

any of you hear the talk about how the astro mess is a blatant, unauthorized, and overpriced clone of Devi Ever's Hyperion? It's pretty laughable that JHS has denied the accusations, when Switchfoot's guitarist said in an interview that the bunrunner was made for him with a built in hyperion clone. Then they analyzed the Hyperion circuit next to the astro mess, and proved that it was a clone. JHS still hasn't owned up to it... Not saying it's not a good sounding pedal, but JHS has left such a bad impression on me with all that.

Yeah, only about half the mentions of JHS on The Gear Page refer to this :rolleyes: I don't like the way they handled it, and I don't know exactly why Josh won't own up, but that was a few years ago and they make some really great pedals. I also don't understand why JHS always gets the hate for cloning when it's such a huge industry and lots of companies do just the same thing :erm:

Yeah, only about half the mentions of JHS on The Gear Page refer to this :rolleyes: I don't like the way they handled it, and I don't know exactly why Josh won't own up, but that was a few years ago and they make some really great pedals. I also don't understand why JHS always gets the hate for cloning when it's such a huge industry and lots of companies do just the same thing :erm:

I can't think of any other pedal makers who are that blatantly disrespectful toward their peers though. I mean, yeah there are clones everywhere, but I can't think of one large company that makes money off of clones of effects that are still in production. I dunno, I just don't think JHS's pedals are anything you couldn't find somewhere else from a respectable builder.

They don't sound bad at all though. My buddy has the banana boost, panther, and a couple others I can't remember the names of. The Panther is especially nice. I'd never pay the price they ask for it, though. Noooo way.

I play drums in that band sorry

I play bass on this http://soundcloud.com/kilta

I use it to create atmospheric sounds, or like you would use delay on guitar when i'm playing higher up (I play a 6 string bass so have a high C string) E.G "battle lines drawn" on that soundcloud link. The only bassy sounds I do with delay are like helicopterish echo noises.

i know dat feel man.

Have you seen this one?

http://www.raingerfx.com/son%20of%20freak.html

Doesn't have nearly as many features though

Looks awesome, but not nearly as awesome as the 'proper' one :D I think being able to change the ocsilation as your playing is a really cool part of it as well, That Frankenstein switch is needed on every pedal :D ....Anyone willing to lend me £200? :LOL:

Looks awesome, but not nearly as awesome as the 'proper' one :D I think being able to change the ocsilation as your playing is a really cool part of it as well, That Frankenstein switch is needed on every pedal :D ....Anyone willing to lend me £200? :LOL:

I only have dollars :supersad:

Nah but I'm really considering buying one of those. The question is just how useful it will be... sure, it could be fun to mess around with, but so was the built in fuzz factory... that got old after 5 minutes :$

I think I've completed my pedalboard anyway (as far as pedals go - just need the amp and footswitch now). Added an MXR EVH flanger...now I just need an altoids tin...

I only have dollars :supersad:

Nah but I'm really considering buying one of those. The question is just how useful it will be... sure, it could be fun to mess around with, but so was the built in fuzz factory... that got old after 5 minutes :$

I think I've completed my pedalboard anyway (as far as pedals go - just need the amp and footswitch now). Added an MXR EVH flanger...now I just need an altoids tin...

Mmmm...Altoids the ultimate pedal for more TOANES :D Screw logic and buy it :D You know you want to, the power of Fuzz...IN YOUR HANDS :D and anyway if you get bored you can always give it to me :LOL:

Mmmm...Altoids the ultimate pedal for more TOANES :D Screw logic and buy it :D You know you want to, the power of Fuzz...IN YOUR HANDS :D and anyway if you get bored you can always give it to me :LOL:

It's just to hold picks, but I imagine a fair few people don't know that without looking inside

And I probably will :facepalm: How useable is it supposed to be? not that there's anything wrong with a bit of insanity :awesome: ... but I'd want some useable sounds out of it too

It's just to hold picks, but I imagine a fair few people don't know that without looking inside

And I probably will :facepalm: How useable is it supposed to be? not that there's anything wrong with a bit of insanity :awesome: ... but I'd want some useable sounds out of it too

Haha (stares into hand dreaming of fuzz) :D well all the reviews are 4-5 star and apparabtly it can range from pretty standard fuzzs to pure insanity fuzzs :D so theres definately some useable sounds you can get :D and the whole Igor mini oscillation pedal is apparently great whilst playing to add a bit extra to the sound :D

Haha (stares into hand dreaming of fuzz) :D well all the reviews are 4-5 star and apparabtly it can range from pretty standard fuzzs to pure insanity fuzzs :D so theres definately some useable sounds you can get :D and the whole Igor mini oscillation pedal is apparently great whilst playing to add a bit extra to the sound :D

you can build your own freakenstein

(the pic is kinda big so i just link it)

http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/schematics/Torchy's%20Veros/Distortion_Overdrive/John%20Hollis%20Crash%20Sync/Crash%20Sync.gif

the osc 100k trimpot is the osc pot on the freak, the rate pot controls a sinewave low-freq osc (endless schematics about them on the net) which is were not in the original design but a common building block (you can see them in tremolos, phasers, choruses etc. in anything that can make that sweeping sound by itself)

that sinewave modulator basically acting like turning the osc pot up and down.

basically this is how the pedal was born in 2-3 posts: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=55913.0

all the other stuff is just cosmetics (the box, the knife switch, the voltage meter etc.)

that's hawt

Never thought you were into that sort of thing.

Unless you're referring to the fact that Jim touched it... in an inappropriate way...

Actually, what are you actually using in your bass rig? I know there are pictures of your board floating around, but what about the basses and amps?

boardsep11.jpg

Apparently my board needs more pedals.

the blue MA is nice but yeh not really my thing. It's the shatter I loved, I don't think it's ever looked so good, very nice photography!!

that's quite an old shot of my board, this (below) is more recent, but i've added some stuff to this set up - boss slicer, OC2, woolly mamoth. I'm keeping them all off the board until i'm 100% happy

pedals190912.jpg

I DI all my bass sounds. My amp is just a shitty peavey combo. The most important bit is it goes LOUD and can drive a guitar amp for extra high mids, which is vital for my sound.

This is my bass

bass%20face.jpg

the peavey has crossover outputs so you can drive two amps and set where they cross-over, in frequency terms. I actually run the peavey at full range but it's just a 1x15", there's no high end at all. Then I send the high output of the crossover to the guitar amp. Sometimes I change the amp but I generally just set it clean and loud. My favorite is my HH 2 x 12" combo but it weighs a fucking ton

You can hear it all mic'd up in this track http://soundcloud.com/cheddatom/funky-ass-shit. The sound is bass -> whammy xp-100 set to low-pass funky sound -> low end through ibanez CP5 comp, then boss ODB-3, high end through wah probe then Ibanez SS10, then all of that squashed to hell with a boss limiter. It sounds a lot simpler/subtler than the effects chain would imply

It's one stereo room mic and one DI