james90

You can hear it all mic'd up in this track...

sorry, that's not the track I thought it was. I'll do samples at some point soon, but like I say, I much prefer to work with a DI. Even though I love the guitar amp live, micing it brings all sorts of problems, and I can get the same effect by using two channels of DI in cubase.

:eek: That MA-2 is amazing, blue gliter FTW :D and the Shatter :eek: ....So much win :D

Thanks

And that's a different guitar, which is called the crackle glow. it was originally a tele style with a silver finish, but it was a bit boring that way

The paint is starting to chip on the back in several places, but I sort of like how it looks :erm:

This is the shatter

body_close-1.jpg

the spec is pretty similar, but it doesn't have a piezo and doesn't light up

edit:

damn it, i had a reply typed up for cheddatom and copying that link deleted it

i was basically going to ask if you're familiar with slaving amps, and if that would do something similar to what you're describing

like running a bass into a high power amp (OR120 in this case) which is then slaved into something smaller that will distort earlier

nice board andy. What's the black pedal with two footswitches on in the bottom left?

Thanks! It's a prototype version of the This1smyne Pearl. It was a pedal that was supposed to be like a Menatone Fish Factory, but then it ended up being something different. One half is a sorta cranked marshall distortion and the other is a really nice, open overdrive. Similar to my OCD, but with more bite.

What is that black (and white) pedal between the tuner and the ekko? And why 3 delays?

That's a Mr. Black Supermoon. It's a reverb that I'm borrowing from a friend right now. I used to hate reverb on my amp, so I faked it with the ekko 616. It's set to a really subtle slapback and it's on pretty much all the time. I always liked that sound better than reverb. But my friend convinced me to try the supermoon and I'm actually really enjoying it. I might buy one sometime next year and quit doing the slapback thing.

So that kinda answers why the three delays. I actually don't use a ton of delay, but they all have a completely different purpose. The ekko 616 is my fake reverb, the e600 is a dark analog delay that I use as my main delay. Nice and dark and thickening. The dd5 is way brighter and I can use it for rhymthic delay (though I really don't use it much).

you can never have too many delays. I have a DD-20 with 5 settings, a marshall echohead with another, and an analogue delay, so equivalent to 7 delay pedals.

^ yes. Haha. My friend who lent me the supermoon has a dd20, a timefactor, an el capistan, a timeline, a JHS panther, a dd5, and probably several more that I can't think of off the top of my head... haha. Makes me feel like three simple delays is really not excessive.

That picture makes me want to rage-quit this thread right now.

Want.

One question though, do they actually play like £3500 guitars? Given that they're manufactured overseas and 'assembled' at Mansons??

For MB-1, it's just a super fun guitar to play with, I opted to rock a kaossilator instead of kaoss pad 3 and use it in an ungodly amount of jams and songs, the setup and MBK pickups of the guitar help greatly on the guitar too, but yeah, still expensive material and parts here

Manson Works #10 is hand built by Hugh, currently enjoying it :)

james can I have your shatter please thanks.

Sure, but if you take the tele as well... there's that 2 for 001 deal

I think?

There's something about that guitar though. Even though I've had it longer than any of my other guitars, every time I pick it up I want to play it until my fingers fall off

The MB-1 looks incredible there :eek: whats the 'Carbonita' like to play?

She plays like a motherbitch. Really loving the cleans on the MBK-1 neck pup. Neck needs some getting used to as it's softer than the MB-1 but a couple of days and ill get used to it.

Slab body is fun! hurts but hopefully ill be standing up more

I'll take both. Done deal.

KnT hi-5 seals the deal

Hopefully that delay pedal will be there soon, getting nervous about that pedal I sent ihasamanson. Still hasn't turned up after a month!

And at least you're prepared for that mirror custom Bob - the flat top DOES dig into your arm, but I suppose the carbon will be a bit more uncomfortable since it doesn't have a ribcage contour

KnT hi-5 seals the deal

Hopefully that delay pedal will be there soon, getting nervous about that pedal I sent ihasamanson. Still hasn't turned up after a month!

And at least you're prepared for that mirror custom Bob - the flat top DOES dig into your arm, but I suppose the carbon will be a bit more uncomfortable since it doesn't have a ribcage contour

all worth it when there's double binding all the way across the sky

SO INTENSE

Ah the beauty of a forearm contour :awesome:

Mine feels so much better to play against than the old black finish!

Douche.

Why didn't you react that way when I showed you that group pic (collage actually :facepalm: ) of mine?!

Of course, my photography skills are shit, but still...

And behave yourself. We don't need you getting banned again.

edit:

Oh. Just got your facebook message.

If you want to vent about anything, take it out on me there. I promise I won't get upset, and I can't ban you on there!

Edited by james90

i was basically going to ask if you're familiar with slaving amps, and if that would do something similar to what you're describing

like running a bass into a high power amp (OR120 in this case) which is then slaved into something smaller that will distort earlier

I'm familiar with the concept, but that's not what i'm doing. All my tone comes from the board. The only reason I run a guitar amp aswell is because I need a big boost in the upper mids which I just can't get from my bass amp (or many other bass amps i've tried). I'd rather have a full range PA but that would be excessive, even for a bassist