james90

xmas gear:

IMG_1883_zps74b550d3.jpg

'65 reissue jazzmaster (still need to get the new bridge for this)

mesa mk II combo (didn't need it, but it was priced right, and i regretted selling the head version i had)

guitar player book thing from one of my relatives (that i never really talk to :facepalm: )

boost pedal from my amp guy (based on the alembic stratoblaster from what i understand)

xmas gear:

IMG_1883_zps74b550d3.jpg

'65 reissue jazzmaster (still need to get the new bridge for this)

mesa mk II combo (didn't need it, but it was priced right, and i regretted selling the head version i had)

guitar player book thing from one of my relatives (that i never really talk to :facepalm: )

boost pedal from my amp guy (based on the alembic stratoblaster from what i understand)

Jazzmaster :awesome: and the Mesa Boogie looks sweet :D

Nice Jazz, James, lemme know if when you want to sell it :awesome:

Finally got round to uploading a pic of my pedalboard, should be buying an actual board sometime in january though :D Oh yeah and the M13's a bastard to clean...

IMG_1041_zpsdb7c0128.jpg

Nice board! I had an M13 that I really really liked.

Edit: Should get around to taking some pics of my stuff sometime...

Edited by JimboMansonMB-1

Nice Jazz, James, lemme know if[/] when you want to sell it :awesome:

Nice board! I had an M13 that I really really liked.

Edit: Should get around to taking some pics of my stuff sometime...

Cheers! Yeh I got the m13 for a great price just over £200 and it's never let me down :D The quality of the effects are amazing especially the delays and modualtions, plus the scenes are a great bonus for different band situations

Edit: Jimbo what sort of gear are you running?

Edited by D3adstar

Cheers! Yeh I got the m13 for a great price just over £200 and it's never let me down :D The quality of the effects are amazing especially the delays and modualtions, plus the scenes are a great bonus for different band situations

Edit: Jimbo what sort of gear are you running?

Yeah, I was really impressed with most of the models in it. Especially dug the Octoverb :awesome:

I'm running:

Guitars: MB-1, Elliott Tonemaster, '63 Jazzmaster >

Pedals: Ernie Ball VP Jr. > JHS Bunrunner > JHS Mini Foot Fuzz > TC Polytune Mini > JHS Morning Glory > JHS Superbolt > Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 > JHS Panther > Boss DD-7 > Neunaber Stereo Wet >

Amps: Kay amps (1x10 and 2x10) and a '75 Fender Deluxe Reverb

Getting ready to order a Whammy 5 and an old Fuzz Factory as well, so I'll factor those in soon. JHS Mini Foot is probably gonna get sold.

Yeah, I was really impressed with most of the models in it. Especially dug the Octoverb :awesome:

I'm running:

Pedals: Ernie Ball VP Jr. > JHS Bunrunner > JHS Mini Foot Fuzz > TC Polytune Mini > JHS Morning Glory > JHS Superbolt > Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 > JHS Panther > Boss DD-7 > Neunaber Stereo Wet >

Getting ready to order a Whammy 5 and an old Fuzz Factory as well, so I'll factor those in soon. JHS Mini Foot is probably gonna get sold.

Awesome how's the Elliot? Yeh the octoverbs gotta be one of the best effects :D in the latest update for it you get a bunch of new synths and 7 new wah models. So once I finally figure out how to update it I'll probarbley be getting either an ernie ball jnr or boss fv500h then I'm pretty much done.

Awesome how's the Elliot? Yeh the octoverbs gotta be one of the best effects :D in the latest update for it you get a bunch of new synths and 7 new wah models. So once I finally figure out how to update it I'll probarbley be getting either an ernie ball jnr or boss fv500h then I'm pretty much done.

I actually haven't received the Elliott yet :( Should be any day now that I get the call.... :awesome:

Wow, sounds cool! I'd go with the Ernie Ball, it worked really well for me and looks way nicer than the Boss ;)

I'm running:

so much JHS...which one did shrew sign?

and how is the wet reverb? i had the tc hall of fame for a short time, but didn't really use it...sold it to pear, who I'm sure is doing naughty things to it with his soldering iron :pope:

what string gauge is on your jazzmaster? i saw that picture of the headstock and that low E looks massive.

i have 10's on mine, but might try 11's at some point

so much JHS...which one did shrew sign?

and how is the wet reverb? i had the tc hall of fame for a short time, but didn't really use it...sold it to pear, who I'm sure is doing naughty things to it with his soldering iron :pope:

what string gauge is on your jazzmaster? i saw that picture of the headstock and that low E looks massive.

i have 10's on mine, but might try 11's at some point

SO. MUCH. JHS. :awesome: Shrew signed the Bunrunner.

I like the Wet a lot. It sounds nice, low-depth sounds are nice and splashy and great for surf-style riffs, while higher-depth settings have a modulated, ethereal thing going on with the trails, very Edge-y but not exactly a "shimmer." But there is a Shimmer setting you can load onto it, which sounds really great as well.

Guitar Center strung the Jazzmaster with .9s :facepalm: n00b mistake, as a general rule you don't string a Jazzmaster lower than .10s because of tension issues with the trem/bridge.

I'm putting .10s on it soon, but might work up to .11s because there's a very slight bow in the neck that needs a little help. Then again, it doesn't bother me when playing, so I'll probably leave it as-is for now.

SO. MUCH. JHS. :awesome: Shrew signed the Bunrunner.

I like the Wet a lot. It sounds nice, low-depth sounds are nice and splashy and great for surf-style riffs, while higher-depth settings have a modulated, ethereal thing going on with the trails, very Edge-y but not exactly a "shimmer." But there is a Shimmer setting you can load onto it, which sounds really great as well.

Guitar Center strung the Jazzmaster with .9s :facepalm: n00b mistake, as a general rule you don't string a Jazzmaster lower than .10s because of tension issues with the trem/bridge.

I'm putting .10s on it soon, but might work up to .11s because there's a very slight bow in the neck that needs a little help. Then again, it doesn't bother me when playing, so I'll probably leave it as-is for now.

yeah, i learned how the bridge worked when i released that little switch...with the strings off :facepalm: made a very loud and scary noise too

where did you actually meet shrew?

mine already had 10's, probably the original ones. changed them anyway and gave it a good setup and cleaning....damn kids coming straight out of pizza hut and putting their greasy hands on all of these brand new guitars :vomit:

it's actually shocking how bad the setups are on some of the guitars there were. the jazzmaster wasn't too bad, but they probably only got it in recently

yeah, i learned how the bridge worked when i released that little switch...with the strings off :facepalm: made a very loud and scary noise too

where did you actually meet shrew?

mine already had 10's, probably the original ones. changed them anyway and gave it a good setup and cleaning....damn kids coming straight out of pizza hut and putting their greasy hands on all of these brand new guitars :vomit:

it's actually shocking how bad the setups are on some of the guitars there were. the jazzmaster wasn't too bad, but they probably only got it in recently

The trem lock switch? I'm not entirely sure how that works myself, but I've never really messed with it.

Met Shrew at a meet-n-greet before one of their concerts here.

Yeah, I've seen some terrible setups at GC. Some they don't even work on - one time I went to check out a VOS Les Paul Goldtop which played terribly, intonation was way off, action was super high and it buzzed and rattled everywhere. I was so frustrated with it that I complained to the manager, who just shrugged and told me it came from Gibson that way so there wasn't anything they could do.

The trem lock switch? I'm not entirely sure how that works myself, but I've never really messed with it.

Met Shrew at a meet-n-greet before one of their concerts here.

Yeah, I've seen some terrible setups at GC. Some they don't even work on - one time I went to check out a VOS Les Paul Goldtop which played terribly, intonation was way off, action was super high and it buzzed and rattled everywhere. I was so frustrated with it that I complained to the manager, who just shrugged and told me it came from Gibson that way so there wasn't anything they could do.

they have meet n greets? I must get my JHS signed next time shrew is playing at my local radio shack

I only tried two other guitars besides the jazzmaster...one was this epiphone hollow body, but I couldn't figure out how to plug it in as it had this weird digital output :facepalm: henry j strikes again

then this epiphone SG when I tested the amp...to be honest, with the exception of the setup being horrible, it didn't seem like a bad guitar. it was probably the cheapest model - bolt on neck and a single humbucker.

seems like a massive improvement over what they made several years back anyway. when i was your age, i mean.

and that sounds normal for a gibson anyway. i haven't played too many of those VOS things, but they all were pretty disappointing considering what you pay.

they have meet n greets? I must get my JHS signed next time shrew is playing at my local radio shack

I only tried two other guitars besides the jazzmaster...one was this epiphone hollow body, but I couldn't figure out how to plug it in as it had this weird digital output :facepalm: henry j strikes again

then this epiphone SG when I tested the amp...to be honest, with the exception of the setup being horrible, it didn't seem like a bad guitar. it was probably the cheapest model - bolt on neck and a single humbucker.

seems like a massive improvement over what they made several years back anyway. when i was your age, i mean.

and that sounds normal for a gibson anyway. i haven't played too many of those VOS things, but they all were pretty disappointing considering what you pay.

:awesome:

Hmm, digital output? Looks like I have to make a GC run today :facepalm: I'll check it out if they have one here...

Yeah, although most of the Gibsons I've played there weren't too bad. I was just shocked that the manager was unwilling to do anything about the setup to make the guitar seem more worth the $3699 price tag.

:awesome:

Hmm, digital output? Looks like I have to make a GC run today :facepalm: I'll check it out if they have one here...

Yeah, although most of the Gibsons I've played there weren't too bad. I was just shocked that the manager was unwilling to do anything about the setup to make the guitar seem more worth the $3699 price tag.

my bad, i think it was actually one of these...

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2011/Presenting-the-Limited-Edition-ES-345.aspx

still couldn't figure out how to use it though, but maybe something was wrong... i wasn't getting sound from either outputs!

and it's not like he'd set it up right there for you, especially if you're not going to buy it :p

this was the SG i tried....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Ltd-Ed-SG-Junior-Electric-Guitar-106503261-i1819178.gc

got some nice tones out of the amp, but on the other hand, the action was a mile high and it wouldn't stay in tune. probably would be decent enough with a good setup

i do think i got a good deal on the amp anyway. found a receipt in the back that revealed the previous owner had $200 worth of work done before he sold it to GC

hopefully i'm picking up a mustang bridge later as a temporary fix for that jazzmaster. i'll get some pics up soon

where did you get your mojo'd bridge from?

my bad, i think it was actually one of these...

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2011/Presenting-the-Limited-Edition-ES-345.aspx

still couldn't figure out how to use it though, but maybe something was wrong... i wasn't getting sound from either outputs!

and it's not like he'd set it up right there for you, especially if you're not going to buy it :p

this was the SG i tried....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Ltd-Ed-SG-Junior-Electric-Guitar-106503261-i1819178.gc

got some nice tones out of the amp, but on the other hand, the action was a mile high and it wouldn't stay in tune. probably would be decent enough with a good setup

i do think i got a good deal on the amp anyway. found a receipt in the back that revealed the previous owner had $200 worth of work done before he sold it to GC

hopefully i'm picking up a mustang bridge later as a temporary fix for that jazzmaster. i'll get some pics up soon

where did you get your mojo'd bridge from?

Oh yeah, that Vari-tone thing is weird... SG looks nice though, even if it doesn't have a P90 :facepalm:

Yeah, I got a good deal on the Jazzmaster, too - the guy at Austin Vintage said he wouldn't dream of selling one like mine for under $4k, I got it for $3300.

Mustang bridge actually fixed most of the problems I was having, I'm really pleased. Got it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Madisons-Fender-Mustang-Bridge-With-Saddles-Project-AGED-/190593794318?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c6046810e

Decided to make my '00 / '01 Mex Strat 'Roland Ready' with the Roland GK-KIT-GT3 - worked out quite well in the end, also worked first time which I was pleasantly surprised with given that I had to extend the wiring loom :D

8301144266_4608615f6a_c.jpg

Completed 'Roland Ready' Fender Strat by Dave Witchalls, on Flickr

YouTube vid showing more pictures whilst playing (badly a lot of the time) some of the patches in the Roland GR-20 I bought yesterday.

Dave.