james90

We talk about the 99/2000 sound, and you show a live in 2004. Obviously, in 2004 the sound is a whammy + sweep echo , there's no question about it.

Thus illustrating the point that the VG8 harmonizer, in this application, does not sound as good as the whammy, and doesn't sound like the record. I believe the studio recording was the whammy not the VG8.

Please try to keep up if you're going to be sarcastic.

EDIT: Also, I was THERE in 1999, at the shows. How old were you then?

sarcasm snip.

You said that the VG8 can't make the sound of MM in 2004, but have you seen a VG8 in his gear at this time ?

Im not sure I understand you. I said the second video was NOT the VG8, and that it sounds more like the record than the earlier video.

Im not sure I understand you. I said the second video was NOT the VG8, and that it sounds more like the record than the earlier video.

Oh I understand now. In studio, they did 2 tracks for the record. One basic track, and a second one with pitch shifter +1 octave ( or harmonizer, or whatever you call it ) We can hear that with the multitracks.

But I don't know how to explain that, but there's a small part impossible to sounds like that with just a whammy. It's possible that he used both, I mean, playing just one string, the harmonizer creates the second note. And recording it in the same way, with a whammy. And that's why Bellamy played the octave in live.

If anybody has VG8 and whammy, is it possible to do this test ?

The VG-8 was a cool piece, if I was to do a Nine Inch Nails kinda thing I might find one to abuse. I didn't realize that Matt used one back when but it makes sense that he'd gravitate towards one, he's not exactly a traditionalist.

I don't think that he cares about how he did something on the album or whatever, he just goes with whatever works for that song as he wants to do it now.

James,

The rack that I posted is the start of my new stage and recording rack. I still have my 4 space grab and go rack, but this one is going to be built out over the next year or so with some good stuff to make strange sounds. There will be an RJM switcher and a bunch of new pedals, including a fuzz or two. I also mounted my Line 6 G50 wireless in it on a the second pedal tray, which also house my Axess GRX-4 switcher for the first pedal tray. I want a rack wah so I can get the signal path cleaned up a bit and avoid the cable run to my pedal board.

JT

2003_Parker_P38.jpg

ruined the lovely pickguard zooropa made :facepalm: permanently mounted now... at least it's not one of my most valuable guitars, even if it does play great now....

the VG-8 is pretty cool, just the amp models are horrible. sounds almost as bad as the line 6 guitar port i had several years back.

almost.

I'm seriously GAS'ing for that guitar James :awesome:

You can have it, I'm sort of pissed off that I drilled those holes in it :facepalm:

Although I would've been a lot more angry if something actually went wrong

Oh and also, did you ever end up starting that lutheirerery project or whatever it was you mentioned in one of the threads a few weeks back?

You can have it, I'm sort of pissed off that I drilled those holes in it :facepalm:

Although I would've been a lot more angry if something actually went wrong

Oh and also, did you ever end up starting that lutheirerery project or whatever it was you mentioned in one of the threads a few weeks back?

Haha thanks! I've always wanted a Parker. Luthiery project is in process, I'll post pics when it's done (about 2 months time) but it's basically an MB-1 clone so nothing too fancy!

Haha thanks! I've always wanted a Parker. Luthiery project is in process, I'll post pics when it's done (about 2 months time) but it's basically an MB-1 clone so nothing too fancy!

Nice, any differences with the specs? black or red glitter?

Or something completely different?

35472511.jpg

The funny thing is, if it was red glitter and only had 2 knobs it'd be pretty spot-on

inlays :noey:

Hey Impulse, what's your opinion on the H&K triamp MK II? I recall you said something about the channel/mode switching

I'm planning on getting one of those soon, but I'm not 100% sure yet

I really like them. The mode switching is a little strange, I can't remember if the MkII has the MIDI as an option or if they just made it part of the amp, (the Mk I had an optional MIDI card you had to buy.) but MIDI really makes it easier to navigate. The foot switch follows the MIDI in real time, which is great since changing tones can be a tap dance if you have any effects to change at the same time.

Depending on what kind of tube you slam in each section they did the Fender/Marshall/Recto thing pretty well. I really liked the extra preamp boost function on each channel, a lot of guys used the first setting as their main and then made the boost the WAY MORE setting, but I found that it was useful to set the first gain down a bit on the two gain channels and use it for crunchy rhythm stuff and then make the second setting normal gain setting. It was a pretty trick way of using it for the band I was in at the time.

You may find it a little 90's metal sounding compared to the classic modded Marshall stuff that you usually like. It will be as far away from an Orange as can be possible.

JT

Edited by Impulse 101