If Origin of Symmetry were never made, would you still be a muse fan?

Jimmyneutron

Would you be a fan of Muse if Origin of Symmetry did not exist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be a fan of Muse if Origin of Symmetry did not exist?

But if OoS were never made, all the subsequent albums wouldn't sound they way they do, probably. :unsure: But yes, sure I would still be a fan, just maybe not as massive a fan. I didn't know about them when OoS came out, so BHAR is what hooked me.

It would be a bit extreme to be a fan of the band based on one album - you'd be more a fan of those particular songs than the band itself. I wouldn't have as much love for Muse if there was not OoS, as I think it's their best work by far, but they've made plenty of other brilliant songs, and their live performances as a whole are reason enough to be a fan.

I had liked Muse from the first listen which was Muscle Museum when they debuted, but tbh, I didn't like OoS first, especially PiB which was the first song from the album I listened to on a radio. I got more interested in them thanks to Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations, so the answer would be yes.

But anyway, happy birthday to OoS. :)

I first heard of Muse through OOS/Hullabaloo and it's the reason I became obsessed with them as a teenager.

Without it I'd still most likely have be a fan, and would probably have first heard of them through Absolution instead (which I still really like). But I'd have never been as big a fan as I was, and they certainly wouldn't have had as large an impact on my teenager self. In fact, despite liking the other albums and loving some individual tracks, OOS is still the only album which really has a large impact on me now!

I came into Muse through Black Holes, or rather at the end of the Black Holes period, so I'm unsure. If Origin had never been made Muse would be a different band, but if its a case of it just being straight Showbiz to Hullaballoo/Absolution jump then I would still be on the good Muse ship, even if it would be a much different Muse without Plug in Baby, Bliss, Citizen Erased, etc.

Least Feeling Good wouldn't always be played live :p

I came into Muse through Black Holes, or rather at the end of the Black Holes period, so I'm unsure. If Origin had never been made Muse would be a different band, but if its a case of it just being straight Showbiz to Hullaballoo/Absolution jump then I would still be on the good Muse ship, even if it would be a much different Muse without Plug in Baby, Bliss, Citizen Erased, etc.

Least Feeling Good wouldn't always be played live :p

I'm not sure that you can have Hullabaloo without OOS, seeing as Hullabaloo are b-sides from the OOS recording sessions! :LOL:

But then it's a silly question anyway. For example, without OOS there might not be Stockholm Syndrome (which started off life as a live

), or Butterflies and Hurricanes (whose piano solo was an intro for the
).

Archived