Best Album for New Fans?

beachdude42

Best Album for New Fans?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Best Album for New Fans?

• Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Other

I'm a Yankee Muse fan who's been casually into Muse for a long time, but I just recently started going beyond the same few songs they play on the radio in the States and realized that Muse is one of the best bands of my generation, bar none. I've bought a ton of their songs already, and I want to buy one full-length to start out. So could you guys please help me out: OoS or Absolution??? Seems to me like they're the best, but if u think others are better, state your case. Thanks!

You can't really go wrong with either of them. Absolution's my personal favourite, but Origin of Symmetry's is considered by many to be their best.

Probably should've posted a poll... sorry, I'm new & didn't realize you could do that. These guys have got an amazing forum going here :D

Both brilliant albums, but I'd start with Absolution. Although OoS is my favourite album, I got into Absolution easier, they're both pretty accessible albums though but Absolution is probably the best album for new fans.

One of my friends got into them after I gave them Absolution, so if you're already a fan of a few songs, Absolution will be a great album to start you off.

i started with absolution.

the thing about OoS is it has songs like Space Dementia and Micro Cuts which you will only appreciate once you're hooked. Micro Cuts is a no no for a non-muse listener.

Songs like Hysteria, Falling Away With You and Apocalypse Please are the ones to get hooked on first, imo.

the thing about OoS is it has songs like Space Dementia and Micro Cuts which you will only appreciate once you're hooked. Micro Cuts is a no no for a non-muse listener.

Hmmm the first songs from OOS (and indeed some of the first Muse songs) I heard were Newborn, Bliss and Microcuts. I didn't particularly like any of them but I especially hated Microcuts. :chuckle:

Personally, my first album was BH&R (good times). I then moved onto OoS and Absolution.

Absolution would be good for newbies who enjoy classical music as well as rock, The Resistance would undoubtedly be favoured by those who like pop music. OoS would be preferred by those who enjoy a wide range of varied musical genres, like myself.

It honestly depends on the type of music the person likes. My first was Origin and I loved it, but some people might be scared of it. If they're a fan of more pop-ish music, go for Black Holes or Resistance. If they will appreciate the weirdness, start with Origin, then go to Absolution, then the others.

Absolution was my first, and in general I'd say it's easier to get into than OoS. And yeah, it really depends on the person…one of my friends asked me what about the band I loved so much…I played a bit from every album and in the end the only song he liked right away was IBTY. :LOL: He didn't start liking Muse until I showed him their music videos. :LOL:

Archived