I actually remember a recent interview where Matt actually said they've been playing New Born too slowly…can't remember which. One of the Australian ones I think? And anyway, at least for Wembley II, Bliss was the only OoS song that had a click track played live…very odd…

Yes he did in an interview; I can't remember which one either, but I think he accused Dom of playing it too slow :chuckle:

Yes he did in an interview; I can't remember which one either, but I think he accused Dom of playing it too slow :chuckle:

yeah that was the same interview in australia where he said new born was one of the riffs he really gets pumped up off playing

it was in a triple j interview - the same one where they talked about dom's bodysuit and how it unzips :p

dom was saying that he coldnt drink redbull before playing because all the songs would seem too slow and then matt accused him of playing new born too slow the gig before the interview lol

I honestly do not get the criticism for New Born this tour. New Born at Glasto 2010 was fantastic, as I mentioned in another thread a while ago. Sure he doesn't play the piano intro, but the performance is great, and the bits Morgan adds to it like the kinda run down circus vibe in the last verse sounds great (4:17)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehjx3I-BFP0[/YT]

And for people complaining about the tempo, tell me the difference between Glasto 2010 and the Absolution version

[YT]

[/YT]

Maybe at that specific performance, haven't really checked but it's atleast slower than most 2004 performances like Glasto 04', EC, KROQ etc. The 2010 New Born kinda dies out around 4 minutes into the song after the second chorus while the pure energy from the earlier performances never made it boring at any point.

i think new born is a song easier to get tired of than others.

i speak for myself, but in 2006/07, i was already getting quite tired of it... but then came pinkpop in 2007. red glitter guitar and riffage. and it was like the song was completely revived, at least for me.

now it's getting to that point tiring again.

i am one of those who also wishes they'd play US more often. it's an amazing live song and i think that there is still room for it to grow on stage.

it was for sure one of my highlights at wembley, if not THE highlight! when the guitar kicks in in that middle section..... phwoaarrr.

i think new born is a song easier to get tired of than others.

i speak for myself, but in 2006/07, i was already getting quite tired of it... but then came pinkpop in 2007. red glitter guitar and riffage. and it was like the song was completely revived, at least for me.

now it's getting to that point tiring again.

i am one of those who also wishes they'd play US more often. it's an amazing live song and i think that there is still room for it to grow on stage.

it was for sure one of my highlights at wembley, if not THE highlight!

When I saw US at Wembley I thought it was awesome. One thing it has over New Born is that middle section, which sounded massive when I saw it, was incredible *ventures to youtube*

I honestly do not get the criticism for New Born this tour. New Born at Glasto 2010 was fantastic, as I mentioned in another thread a while ago. Sure he doesn't play the piano intro, but the performance is great, and the bits Morgan adds to it like the kinda run down circus vibe in the last verse sounds great (4:17)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehjx3I-BFP0[/YT]

And for people complaining about the tempo, tell me the difference between Glasto 2010 and the Absolution version

[YT]

[/YT]

The main riff is subtly slower in 2010. Plus he doesn't play the first riff slower for effect to get that tempo transition that really brings out the main riff - as he does in 03.

I'm really hoping that playing these two shows is actually going to make them see sense. I know that when Coheed did Neverender in 2008, (4 albums in 4 nights live), they said that going back and learning the old material really took them back and completely changed how they looked at their new music. I know that when InMe played their 4 albums live over 4 weeks a few months back, it was intended to be the only time they were ever going to play stuff again from the first album (bar a song or two) and the case was pretty much going to be the same for the second album too. But not only did the band fall back in love with the old songs through learning them and playing them again, but the crowd went so absolutely fucking mental to hear the songs again that the sheer demand from them as well meant that those songs which previously hadn't been played in about 5 or 6 years are now being brought back into regular setlists. I can only hope that the same happens in this case as I will rage furiously if they play stuff like Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania, Dead Star, etc, and then just drop them again forever. For fuck's sake they haven't played this songs for ages, could they not at least give people the chance going to one of their own shows to hear them on a tour, instead of only playing them at festivals or one off shows like RAH all the time. I'm hoping that what Matt said about not playing them again turns out to be complete bollocks as soon as he hears the crowd reaction to the songs (surely he already knows) and through playing them again, hopefully the band can fall in love with the songs and bring them back for the long term, or at least the next full tour.

I'm really hoping that playing these two shows is actually going to make them see sense. I know that when Coheed did Neverender in 2008, (4 albums in 4 nights live), they said that going back and learning the old material really took them back and completely changed how they looked at their new music. I know that when InMe played their 4 albums live over 4 weeks a few months back, it was intended to be the only time they were ever going to play stuff again from the first album (bar a song or two) and the case was pretty much going to be the same for the second album too. But not only did the band fall back in love with the old songs through learning them and playing them again, but the crowd went so absolutely fucking mental to hear the songs again that the sheer demand from them as well meant that those songs which previously hadn't been played in about 5 or 6 years are now being brought back into regular setlists. I can only hope that the same happens in this case as I will rage furiously if they play stuff like Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania, Dead Star, etc, and then just drop them again forever. For fuck's sake they haven't played this songs for ages, could they not at least give people the chance going to one of their own shows to hear them on a tour, instead of only playing them at festivals or one off shows like RAH all the time. I'm hoping that what Matt said about not playing them again turns out to be complete bollocks as soon as he hears the crowd reaction to the songs (surely he already knows) and through playing them again, hopefully the band can fall in love with the songs and bring them back for the long term, or at least the next full tour.

I would say most, if not all of us are hoping for that.

And nice post by the way ;)

The fact that they played CE at a support show for U2 gives me hope. But then again how they dont play dead star live regularly after that enourmous performance/reaction at V fest is beyound me.

That's how I feel about Hysteria - awesome song but its just lost its edge. He realllly should use the vocal filters he used pre-2005 on that song.

That's the reason I prefer how the song sounds now, because he stopped using those stupid vocal effects.

That's the reason I prefer how the song sounds now, because he stopped using those stupid vocal effects.

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyTmfgMs7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meD5OybLYTU

I just think it gives his vocals a bit more of a harder, harsher edge to it - which I think is what the song needs.

Same argument can be used for TSP and ToaDA.

it was in a triple j interview - the same one where they talked about dom's bodysuit and how it unzips :p

dom was saying that he coldnt drink redbull before playing because all the songs would seem too slow and then matt accused him of playing new born too slow the gig before the interview lol

Ah yes! That was it! I think I might even have that interview on my iPod... You'd think I'd remember :$:chuckle:

Archived