Hopefully. New Born has been absolutely shit this tour.

It needs to be put to bed. I wouldn't mind seeing Unnatural Selection replace it.

Mmmm. I guess that they don't really see NB as boring.

:(

I find that infinitely more enjoyable than New Born.

Indeed. New Born is so repetitive in comparison.

Wow, this comes as a real surprise to me that people prefer US over new born! I didn't really think much of US when I heard it live - felt a bit weak to me. New Born on the other hand felt like it had more energy to it. But then again, US will always feel like a rip-off of new born to me.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say (the Teignmouth version anyway) new born is probably in my top 3 favourite muse songs live.

Wow, this comes as a real surprise to me that people prefer US over new born! I didn't really think much of US when I heard it live - felt a bit weak to me. New Born on the other hand felt like it had more energy to it. But then again, US will always feel like a rip-off of new born to me.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say (the Teignmouth version anyway) new born is probably in my top 3 favourite muse songs live.

I was at Tinny and it was also the first time I'd heard US live and as soon as I heard it I was just blown to pieces by it and I barely remember NB even being played, the only reason I do remember is because of the crazy dance the bloke behind me was doing :LOL:

The new New Born has been disappointing. Not playing the piano is bad but it's also played too slowly.

someone told me new born is slower this time because of the click tracks they use now which keeps them in tempo instead of letting them go nuts

it's definitely a bit of a snoozer at slower speeds... especially after you've heard the KROQ 2004 version.. but i dont think it will die since Matt said he gets pumped from playing the riff

someone told me new born is slower this time because of the click tracks they use now which keeps them in tempo instead of letting them go nuts

it's definitely a bit of a snoozer at slower speeds... especially after you've heard the KROQ 2004 version.. but i dont think it will die since Matt said he gets pumped from playing the riff

I actually remember a recent interview where Matt actually said they've been playing New Born too slowly…can't remember which. One of the Australian ones I think? And anyway, at least for Wembley II, Bliss was the only OoS song that had a click track played live…very odd…

They killed New Born a long time ago :(. It used to be fucking immense live, but ever since Matt couldn't be arsed to play the piano intro, it's just lost it's edge. One of the best bits about it was his transition between piano/guitar and the huge build-up it caused - the crowd would go fucking mental before that awesome riff had even kicked in. Now it seems too rehearsed. It's such an insanely huge shame cos it's still one of their best songs they've ever done, EVER!!!! I want the Abso-era New Born back - even the guitar solo was 10 times more eargasmic!

I actually remember a recent interview where Matt actually said they've been playing New Born too slowly…can't remember which. One of the Australian ones I think? And anyway, at least for Wembley II, Bliss was the only OoS song that had a click track played live…very odd…

What's a click track?

Archived