So Tom tweeted out a merry christmas message with a tiny #soon tease but I feel like I'm clutching at straws for that to mean 'stuff before August' at this point.

Yes - 'at this point'. Because everything I've speculated before this has obviously been perfectly reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...

Can we assume the Reading/Leeds days on the tour dates page here on .mu are correct, so it's Reading on Friday and Leeds on Saturday?

If they are just some kind of placeholder dates, wouldn't they both be 25 August like on their Facebook page?

I'd imagine they'll try and do the same thing they did with Glastonbury - play Reading on the Friday so they'll have headlined each of the days... if they're really that fussed about such a thing.

Muse were the first act to headline each of the three days at Glastonbury so could it be the same for Reading?

So it'd be:

Saturday - 2006

Sunday - 2011

Friday - 2017

I'd imagine they'll try and do the same thing they did with Glastonbury - play Reading on the Friday so they'll have headlined each of the days... if they're really that fussed about such a thing.

Muse were the first act to headline each of the three days at Glastonbury so could it be the same for Reading?

So it'd be:

Saturday - 2006

Sunday - 2011

Friday - 2017

They made reference to it for Glastonbury so I'd imagine they'd be down for doing it for Reading and Leeds. So I did assume that's what they were doing.

Then again, the full line-up configuration isn't out for a few weeks.