Fuck it, 10 year anniversary of the HAARP gigs. Replete with Matt changing his shoes magically during Map of the Problematique as well. :chuckle:

Green Day played Dookie in full at Reading a year before its 20th anniversary so it's not that impossible I guess....

Yeah I saw the warm-up to that at Brixton. That was pretty sweet, not least given it was more or less sprung on us than they were doing it.

30th Anniversary Tour in 2024 anyone?

Or that.

If they are gonna do the BHAR 10th year anniversary, are they going to decorate the stage with red sand, 4 weird lads on 4 chairs and a table?

Yeah...and when it's time for "T2l" anniversary, I can already see a huge 3D sculpture of the broccoli-brain in the middle of the stage, in the middle of the hall (of course!) and the band around it, and it is blinking! :eek::p:LOL:

Plus some glitter, anyone?? Glitter confetti?

If they are gonna do the BHAR 10th year anniversary, are they going to decorate the stage with red sand, 4 weird lads on 4 chairs and a table?

Tbf, before R/L 2011, you could've said "what are they gonna do, stick some rugby posts on stage?" :chuckle:

Black Holes is indeed a bit more tricky though. As much as I've imagined and dreamt about an anniversary gig, I've never been able to work out how you'd go about recreating the album cover on-stage. I'd be down for some variation of the old satellite thing if needs be, with just a massive screen behind them for album-specific visuals again:

article-1046209-02500DAC00000578-807_468x286.jpg

Edit: Oooooh god I hadn't thought about it before but 2:13 during TAB, where the synths kick into overdrive, would be perfect for another 'album cover fade-in/reveal' moment a la New Born @ R/L.

Hopefully Muse are the band they announce this week so, on the 0.03% off-chance that something special is gonna happen, we can potential get a hint about it. I've got a feeling it'll be Kasabian this week (to get the #ladsladslads in) and Muse in March or something though.

Tbf, before R/L 2011, you could've said "what are they gonna do, stick some rugby posts on stage?" :chuckle:

Black Holes is indeed a bit more tricky though. As much as I've imagined and dreamt about an anniversary gig, I've never been able to work out how you'd go about recreating the album cover on-stage. I'd be down for some variation of the old satellite thing if needs be, with just a massive screen behind them for album-specific visuals again:.

What about using holograms on the stage with the screens to create the album cover and other fx as well? The tech is developed enough, it could work. The problem would probably be how much it'd cost :chuckle:

Certainly Muse are probably the bigger draw globally, but Kasabian's biggest market is the UK, so they would still draw a huge crowd to see them at Reading and Leeds Festival by themselves. Pretty sure they did so when they headlined in 2012.

Yep, pretty much this. Muse are the bigger act in general but Kasabian have way more demand with the young, British festival crowd.

Time to use on-stage actors again!

So, tell me, did these forums actually hate the actors used on T2L stadiums? I didn't actually mind it so much, especially what they did with Animals. Okay, I mean, Feeling Good is... well, I put it nicely, bad, whatever you do with it. Guiding Light/Blackout was alright, bit random but okay.

TL;DR: Wouldn't mind if they do it again, as long as it's not on FG.

Time to use on-stage actors again!

It's been too long <3

Looking back, I'm pretty surprised they didn't use any for Drones. Unless you count the robocop riot police (which I still hold a grudge against).

So, tell me, did these forums actually hate the actors used on T2L stadiums? I didn't actually mind it so much, especially what they did with Animals. Okay, I mean, Feeling Good is... well, I put it nicely, bad, whatever you do with it. Guiding Light/Blackout was alright, bit random but okay.

TL;DR: Wouldn't mind if they do it again, as long as it's not on FG.

It was just quite cringey to watch tbh and felt like another example of the band trying to make us watch anything but them performing. The bit where Matt would go under the stage only for a (pre-recorded?) video of him singing UD to the two 'dead' actors is still potentially the dumbest thing I've seen at a Muse concert.

It was just quite cringey to watch tbh and felt like another example of the band trying to make us watch anything but them performing. The bit where Matt would go under the stage only for a (pre-recorded?) video of him singing UD to the two 'dead' actors is still potentially the dumbest thing I've seen at a Muse concert.

Jesus fuck I forgot the shit they made for UD. Like I said, Animals was fine for me. Others were, like, meh-to-okay.

2009/10/11:

- The Resistance is released to initial general high praise from fans

- Fans optimistic for upcoming arena tour

- Arena tour turns out to be quite a big disappointment, large amounts of complaints from fans and album opinion begins to sour

- Petitions made for some kind of request/rarity tour

- Band makes a half-hearted attempt at letting the fans vote for rarities but don't fully follow through with it and get the rest of the tour over with instead

- Tour officially ends in 2010, band state that the shows in 2011 will be separate from the album era just gone (bar the remaining Russian shows)

- 2011 consists of U2 support gigs, 3 Russian stadium concerts and US festivals

- R/L '11 is booked as their only UK show that year, and also the last

- In March, band announce OOS to played in full (most likely to appease fans after a generally negatively-received era)

2015/16/17:

- Drones is released to a lukewarm but generally solid reception from fans

- Fans optimistic for upcoming arena tour, mainly due to rarities returning throughout 2015

- Arena tour turns out to be a huge disappointment, large amounts of complaints from fans

- Rumours (later confirmed?) float around that the band is considering a BH&R anniversary concert

- Band makes a half-hearted attempt at letting the fans vote for rarities but don't fully follow through with it and get the rest of the tour over with instead

- Tour officially ends in 2016, band post messages on social media saying that the Drones era is finished but that they have "a few things planned" for the near future

- R/L '17 is nigh-confirmed and would be the only UK show next year that we know of (Matt only ever mentioned US festivals iirc) and tmk would also come last after the US festivals they're rumoured for(?)

d8ae124deae838f48ca1a46b22bea74d.jpg

you should put me in a home or you should put me down

Edited by Jobby

2009/10/11:

- Arena tour turns out to be quite a big disappointment, large amounts of complaints from fans and album opinion begins to sour

- Tour officially ends in 2010, band state that the shows in 2011 will be separate from the album era just gone (bar the remaining Russian shows)

- In March, band announce OOS to played in full (most likely to appease fans after a generally negatively-received era)

2015/16/17:

- Fans optimistic for upcoming arena tour, mainly due to rarities returning throughout 2015

- Arena tour turns out to be a huge disappointment, large amounts of complaints from fans

- Rumours (later confirmed?) float around that the band is considering a BH&R anniversary concert

- Tour officially ends in 2016, band post messages on social media saying that the Drones era is finished but that they have "a few things planned" for the near future

- R/L '17 is nigh-confirmed and would be the only UK show next year that we know of (Matt only ever mentioned US festivals iirc) and tmk would also come last after the US festivals they're rumoured for(?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY

2009/10/11:

2015/16/17:

The optimism is strong with this one.

Not happening.

btw how much did people complain about TR arena tour because you can really never trust this forum nor it represents the majority of people attending to Muse concerts. Alright the setlists were short but come on the stage and lightshow made up for it imo. I wish i knew Muse back then :(

I think on TR a lot of people were underwhelmed by the setlist length, the wait to play MK Ultra until about halfway through the tour, excuses for a lack of setlist rotation, and prioritising big set designs. So, in a number of cases, more or less same as the Drones Tour complaints.

I do recall the TR arena gig I went to got a slating at the time, and is still seen on here as one of the shittest gigs of that tour. I still enjoyed it - sure, not as much as Wembley or Reading, but it was a fun first Muse gig.

I enjoyed the TR tour, but I did obviously notice that the US sets were majorly shorter than even the European ones were, and that was a little disappointing. I got a 15 song setlist. That's a bit harsh.

The biggest issue I remember was that the stage show made it really hard to see for a good number of the songs, and being disconnected from the band like that drains the energy from the gig.

A lesson they apparently didn't learn as they repeated it this tour past.

It was just a real turning point where people who weren't as impressed with stage theatrics started to notice the setlists weren't all they could be and the performances were becoming more choreographed. Not a good contrast with the BH&R era, for the most part.