What kind of venues will they do in the U.S? While they had decent attendance in the bigger US cities, places like Columbus had the upper bowls of arenas curtained off due to low sales. Will they simply not play Columbus, or play a smaller venue? I know they like to have the same arena tour setup at each gig, and I don't blame them. I just hope they return to at least one Ohio city on the next tour.

I guess they will play just 1 date instead of 3 so they actually make sure they sold out the show.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not they are playing Lollapalooza Chicago this year?

Nah i don't think so, they play in Japan the weekend before.

What kind of venues will they do in the U.S? While they had decent attendance in the bigger US cities, places like Columbus had the upper bowls of arenas curtained off due to low sales. Will they simply not play Columbus, or play a smaller venue? I know they like to have the same arena tour setup at each gig, and I don't blame them. I just hope they return to at least one Ohio city on the next tour.

The tour stats for the US part of the world tour were great. Columbus had 91% ticket sales. So not low sales at all really. The lowest by sales US tour was 71%. Based on that there would be no reason not to return to somewhere like Columbus again.

Will Muse schedule shows at the O2 arena this fall? Several acts (1D, U2, Imagine Dragons and Madonna) have already booked multiple dates at the venue from late September thru early December 2015. The best possibilities appear to be mid-October or the 2nd week in November.

Foo Fighters recently played several stadium gigs in South America attracting over 165k fans in Brazil alone. There is a market for rock music there so Muse will likely schedule several shows there on the next Drones tour.

The Global Citizen Festival (now being curated by Chris Martin) will take place in late September 2015 at Central Park in NYC and no headliners have yet been announced. If Coldplay don't perform, Muse could be a possibility if it does not conflict with their soon to be announced 2015-16 arena tour dates.

The tour stats for the US part of the world tour were great. Columbus had 91% ticket sales. So not low sales at all really. The lowest by sales US tour was 71%. Based on that there would be no reason not to return to somewhere like Columbus again.

Right, but like I said the entire upper bowl was curtained off at the 2013 Columbus show. So even though the capacity is listed as 6,000-something, the true capacity of the venue is much higher with the upper bowl added in. When Muse played the same Columbus arena in 2010 they utilized some of the upper bowl, and about half of it was curtained off. It didn't help that they played Cincy, Columbus and Cleveland in the same week. Maybe just play Columbus and let the fans from Cincy and Cleveland meet in the middle? That'd suit me fine!

Really, though, I see no reason for them to move away from arenas in the US, they just might have to either play fewer dates in the smaller cities. Or maybe they don't care if a show sells well or not, as long as they reach their break-even point.

Why wouldn't they play arenas?

I meant in smaller cities like Columbus, Cincinnati, Kansas City,etc they might play smaller venues than arenas. In Columbus in 2013 Muse had 5,000-something people in an arena that can hold 3 times that many people. There is an amphitheater in Columbus called LC Pavilion with a capacity of 5,000. It's probably the "busiest" venue in Columbus. That's all I was suggesting.

They don't need to do that. Instead of playing 3 shows in a 200 mile radius they can just play 1 or 2 shows(Columbus + Cleveland). Skipping Cincinnati it's the safest choice cause you got Indianapolis and St.Louis pretty close so you can book a show in one of those 2 cities forcing people to move.

It's just too many shows for a not so much crowded zone.

Edited by White Heat

Then again for example the Chili Peppers played Cleveland,Columbus,Cincinnati,Louisville and St.Louis and sold out all of them. But they play on another league, don't know what's the matter with Muse over there :LOL:

Edited by White Heat

Muse should do something similar to Kasabian this tour and do multiple nights at Brixton instead of 2 nights at the 02 and maybe something similar at other small venues across the UK/Europe instead of doing big arenas. They must be getting a big sense of deja vu going to the same places all the time and playing at these small venues will change things up as well as appease many fans. Its one way of making up for the non-existent anniversary tour.

It could be possibility also for Brixton anyway considering the amount of acts booked in the 02 over the Autumn/Winter but they might be touring the UK at a different time anyway.

It doesn't seem like they are that much smaller in the Uk but I've not looked at any record or ticket sales figures or anything like that.

I'm not saying they definitely would sell out Wembley but I don't think they've headlined a gig there have they?