Prince has been doing London gigs with less than 24-hour advance notification this week. I'd need good luck trying to get there tbh - bet it falls next Wednesday when my driving test is booked.

Meh, not sure I'd be a fan of that tactic if they were only playing one gig. It'd feel like a bit of a 'fuck you' to fans who have followed them for ages but just don't have the ability to zip down to London at a moment's notice. I'd rather they just announced it and held a competition for tickets on here, makes sense to me.

Why is everyone guessing Foo Fighters? Are they in the UK atm or something?

Because they're releasing an album this year and they like surprise gigs. Who else?

I'd much prefer they'd actually announce it a week or two in advance for the rest of us.

Meh, wouldn't change much. As soon as the news is out, it's out. With twitter these days the news get out instantly regardless of the source.

Because they're releasing an album this year and they like surprise gigs. Who else?

Meh, wouldn't change much. As soon as the news is out, it's out. With twitter these days the news get out instantly regardless of the source.

Yeah but if I knew two weeks before I could actually go. :LOL:

On the flip side, if you knew two weeks in advance, probably everyone else would too, and it would be such a cluster fuck getting tickets, that it would all be moot anyways.

That was sort of the problem with the anniversary gigs in the first place, unless they wanted to do hundreds of them.

And yeah, unfortunately even if they release the information under the radar to fans, someone's just going to Tweet it .01 seconds later, and then it's not so secret anymore...

At this point we can only speculate, it can be a lot of bands. But i remember how Muse played live songs like Hysteria, Fury, Assassin, Exo-Politics, Crying Shame or Glorious, before record them.

Maybe this is the case, if they don't want to try new things in Coachella.

I'm a real Twitter n00b, so can someone clarify this:

If a person has tweeted something and then when you press "expand" to see the replies, do those replies need to be somehow approved/confirmed to show up on the expanded thread? Because the only reply that is showing is the one that's guessing Foo Fighters.

I've wondered this before when in a twitter conversation you often see only a few replies, even if the person tweeting (like a huge celebrity) must get hundreds of replies.

Kerrang magazine's editor Tweeted earlier: "Hearing some rumours about a massive band - a massive, massive rock band - doing a secret show in London next week. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Now I may be jumping to conclusions here and I'm guessing its going to be a different band but... what if?

Hmm, so this tweet includes 'massive' 3 times... some might interpret him to mean it's something *super*massive... just sayin' :p