WHAT IS THISSSS? THEY'RE DOING A SOLO SHOW FOR 2500 FANS? I ALREADY BOUGHT MY TICKETS AND PLANE TO SAO FOR LOLLAPALOOZA. I'M SO PISSED OFF!

IF THIS IS TRUE THEY BETTER ADD MORE SHOWS!

http://popload.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2014/02/14/muse-faz-show-solo-no-centro-de-sp-em-abril/

yeees :awesome::dance: I hope it's true!! It'll be my first solo gig :D But I'm very afraid of not getting a ticket D:

I'm sorry you can't go to this one if it's true :(

Edited by deborafraga

I'd imagine that (assuming it's true) they will be doing more than just that gig. If they were only gonna do one 20th anniversary gig, it'd be a bit weird to choose Brazil of all places (nothing wrong with Brazil, I just would've figured they'd go for something closer to home).

I'd imagine that (assuming it's true) they will be doing more than just that gig. If they were only gonna do one 20th anniversary gig, it'd be a bit weird to choose Brazil of all places (nothing wrong with Brazil, I just would've figured they'd go for something closer to home).

Yeah if this happens I'm going to take it that the 20th anniversary tour is happening.

Actually does anyone know how much tickets were for Zepp?

http://popload.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2014/02/14/muse-faz-show-solo-no-centro-de-sp-em-abril/

Long story short, they're playing a gig for 2500 people in Brazil at the start of April. So basically a repeat of Zepp.

Well that explains it.

I can't see it happening though, why would they choose Brazil of everywhere? Weren't original sources saying they'd stick with club gigs in England, and then there was the whole Bremen situation, why would they jump to Brazil?

Guess we'll find out, though.

Well that explains it.

I can't see it happening though, why would they choose Brazil of everywhere? Weren't original sources saying they'd stick with club gigs in England, and then there was the whole Bremen situation, why would they jump to Brazil?

Guess we'll find out, though.

I've been just assuming it means the club tour is going to be pretty worldwide.

Sadly I really don't think this means a worldwide club (anniversary) tour.. If so, I'd expect them to spread gigs geografically. This gig is in São Paulo, where they'll playing Lollapalooza. I doubt they'd play a solo gig in Brazil at all if they weren't already flying there for the festival.

But this could be a brilliant thing to do in the future. Wouldn't it be awesome to have intimate gigs in the same cities where they'd play European festivals ? :D

Anyway, Matt did a nice thing going there. Is Teignmouth really damaged or just the Pier?

I know the railway line that goes from Teignmouth to Exeter alongside the sea was destroyed a few stops up the line by the waves. That's the headline news from that region. I'm guessing the pier had trouble as well, but then these structures are vulnerable due to their exposed nature.

Benefit gig might be a good idea.

But this could be a brilliant thing to do in the future. Wouldn't it be awesome to have intimate gigs in the same cities where they'd play European festivals ? :D

I bet that's just what they had in mind for Hurricane festival / Bremen. But then negotiations with the Hurricane promoters must have failed or something, therefore no Hurricane show means no Bremen gig.

I bet that's just what they had in mind for Hurricane festival / Bremen. But then negotiations with the Hurricane promoters must have failed or something, therefore no Hurricane show means no Bremen gig.
That does make sense.

Also, it could mean that the same thing is about to happen in California.....

The editor of Kerrang! followed up on the secret gig rumour a couple of days ago:

James McMahon ‏@jamesjammcmahon Feb 17

Hey, remember that rumour I spread last week about 'a massive rock band doing a secret gig in London this week'? It's not happening. Gutted

• 2 weeks later...

I still the anniversary gigs could still happen tbh. I'm not saying I definitely think they're happening, just that they're more likely than some people seem to think. They're doing this random gig in Sao Paolo, and I doubt that will be the only non-festival gig this year as that would be a major 'screw you' to all their UK fans, especially those who are expecting the 20th anniversary gigs to happen.

Of course, I could be wrong in which case screw you too Muse.