So the tickets cost 130? And we paid 65.

So the way I see it, we only paid for the lights. You guys are paying for both the lights and the quality of songs, it would seem.

I fucking hate Australia, and it's not even Australia's fault. I fully expect special treatment to occur, and it's been pissing me off for the last couple of months. I will go into full rage mode when (yes, WHEN) they play a bunch of rarities there, even if I see it coming.

Expect some epic rants during the Australian tour.

So the way I see it, we only paid for the lights. You guys are paying for both the lights and the quality of songs, it would seem.

I fucking hate Australia, and it's not even Australia's fault. I fully expect special treatment to occur, and it's been pissing me off for the last couple of months. I will go into full rage mode when (yes, WHEN) they play a bunch of rarities there, even if I see it coming.

i don't normally rage during the sexy plane, but when the special treatment occurs, i think i might. it's complete bollocks.

i don't care how you slice it or analyze it, muse are unfair. love them, but mega unfair. there is no evidence to the contrary.

Ah feel the hate for us aussie:LOL:

I paid the same price to see muse as I went to BDO and BDO was fucking awesome and not because muse played. My expectations aren't terribly high, probably will be same old set list similar to BDO earlier in the year..

Ah feel the hate for us aussie:LOL:

I paid the same price to see muse as I went to BDO and BDO was fucking awesome and not because muse played. My expectations aren't terribly high, probably will be same old set list similar to BDO earlier in the year..

it's not hate for the aussies. it's hate for the fact that you have to be on a continent 12+hrs away from europe or the US in order to get an epic setlist.

isn't BDO a fest? shouldn't you pay less for a regular show than you do for a fest? idk. this is an honest question.

it's not hate for the aussies. it's hate for the fact that you have to be on a continent 12+hrs away from europe or the US in order to get an epic setlist.

isn't BDO a fest? shouldn't you pay less for a regular show than you do for a fest? idk. this is an honest question.

Yeah BDO is a fest, actually got ticket prices wrong. BDO was 150 odd for an epic line up and muse was about 130-140 including booking fees and what not.

It wasn't like their show at BDO gold coast was anything amazing, however that may have been due to the fact it was about 40 degrees or something ridicolous.

To be honest you should not have to pay 130 if it means you get rare tracks. You guise are being ripped off and rare songs shouldn't even come into it.

Anyway, money or not, we all deserve the same treatment...only we don't get it.

I don't think the amount Muse are charging Australia has as much to do with them playing or not playing epic setlists but more to do with making up for the cost of getting the production all the way over there and across the country for what amounts to literally a handful of shows.

For what it's worth, Muse is charging less than Tool for their Australian shows. I guess that should count for something?

Edited by halo eighteen

I don't think the amount Muse are charging Australia has as much to do with them playing or not playing epic setlists but more to do with making up for the cost of getting the production all the way over there and across the country for what amounts to literally a handful of shows.

For what it's worth, Muse is charging less than Tool for their Australian shows. I guess that should count for something?

Yes i hope everyone understands this, Muse arnt charing more because they think their rarer songs cost more or just for the sake of it. It IS because they are bringing the full production over and that costs a hell of alot.

Us Australians are getting totally ripped off.

We paid MORE than the rest of Europe/US so that we can get the same lower standard of shows and the same dull and predictible song lists with the same over-the-top unoriginal riffage just like our counterparts have been getting.

Due to the possibility of this being unlikely for the Australian tour, I would like to defend by allowing you to not only keep your shows as they are, but better them so you can ensure that your more local fans in Europe and the US are given the best Muse shows for the year, a title which I am sure they cannot afford to lose.

For the good of Australia and the equality in treatment for Australian fans especially. I propose that we get these same shows, if not of a different quality, so that Australian fans can emerge from out of the shadows and feel happy to once again be treated as Muse fans and be embraced amongst the community.

----------------------------------

My suggestions to improve these shows include:

- A set list consisting of NSC, Guiding Light, Starlight and Harmonica only, repeated 7 times to ensure that we are recieving a quality setlist that is long enough to meet our strict criteria.

- The same Nirvana/RATM riffs after every song, even if it doesn't fit because they are epic, and who writes their own riffs anyway?

- Increasing the height of the towers by another 50ft making it impossible for floor patrons to view the experience without having to look at the screens, which reminds me to add...

- Bigger screens placed infront of the stage. It may be a little hard to view the band with the screens obscuring, but who looks at them anyway? The animators for the songs have to be payed too.

- Biffy Clyro must play a longer set than Muse. Always. It takes time to warm up a crowd and I believe this will benefit us all.

- Morgan must play the entirity of Matt's parts in New Born (if chosen to be played as a rarity). This is quality control at its finest and will be backed up with an even slower click track to ensure accuracy.

- More lights. I have with me some schematics to turn the Acer Arena into a solarium-styled light show. Sunglasses will be free to all floor patrons.

- All of Matt's guitars must be broken prior to playing, backstage where they can't be seen. It will worsen his tone to improve Starlight.

- Chris must take more time off for his babies

- Dom shall remain being Dom. He didn't do anything wrong to anyone.

- Prior to entering the gig, all patrons must select what their favourite songs are, so the band can laugh at our opinions and tell us they are right.

- Feeling Good? Haha.

These are just a few suggestions to improve the welfare of Australian fans on this board.

Edited by Crowella

You are so right. For my BDO show (one of the two oppurtunities I have had to see them this year) the following brilliant setlist was pulled out of the bag.

1.Uprising

2.Supermassive Black Hole

3.New Born

4.Undisclosed Desires

5.Hysteria

(Interlude intro)

6.Nishe

7.United States Of Eurasia

8.Helsinki Jam

9.Resistance

10.Starlight

11.Time Is Running Out

12.Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13.Back In Black

14.Plug In Baby

15.Knights of Cydonia

Crazy Stuff.

Yes i hope everyone understands this, Muse arnt charing more because they think their rarer songs cost more or just for the sake of it. It IS because they are bringing the full production over and that costs a hell of alot.

This.

We paid MORE than the rest of Europe/US so that we can get the same lower standard of shows and the same dull and predictible song lists with the same over-the-top unoriginal riffage just like our counterparts have been getting.

Due to the possibility of this being unlikely for the Australian tour, I would like to defend by allowing you to not only keep your shows as they are, but better them so you can ensure that your more local fans in Europe and the US are given the best Muse shows for the year, a title which I am sure they cannot afford to lose.

For the good of Australia and the equality in treatment for Australian fans especially. I propose that we get these same shows, if not of a different quality, so that Australian fans can emerge from out of the shadows and feel happy to once again be treated as Muse fans and be embraced amongst the community.

- A set list consisting of NSC, Guiding Light, Starlight and Harmonica only, repeated 7 times to ensure that we are recieving a quality setlist that is long enough to meet our strict criteria.

- The same Nirvana/RATM riffs after every song, even if it doesn't fit because they are epic, and who writes their own riffs anyway?

- Increasing the height of the towers by another 50ft making it impossible for floor patrons to view the experience without having to look at the screens, which reminds me to add...

- Bigger screens placed infront of the stage. It may be a little hard to view the band with the screens obscuring, but who looks at them anyway? The animators for the songs have to be payed too.

- Biffy Clyro must play a longer set than Muse. Always. It takes time to warm up a crowd and I believe this will benefit us all.

- Morgan must play the entirity of Matt's parts in New Born (if chosen to be played as a rarity). This is quality control at its finest and will be backed up with an even slower click track to ensure accuracy.

- More lights. I have with me some schematics to turn the Acer Arena into a solarium-styled light show. Sunglasses will be free to all floor patrons.

- All of Matt's guitars must be broken prior to playing, backstage where they can't be seen. It will worsen his tone to improve Starlight.

- Prior to entering the gig, all patrons must select what their favourite songs are, so the band can laugh at our opinions and tell us they are right.

- Feeling Good? Haha.

These are just a few suggestions to improve the welfare of Australian fans on this board.

:LOL: I love you.

In addition to all this, ultimately we should just sit in front of the screens listening to the studio albums (only the last 3 of course).

- Feeling Good? Haha.

Adam, I love you so much it's not funny.

You are so right. For my BDO show (one of the two oppurtunities I have had to see them this year) the following brilliant setlist was pulled out of the bag.

1.Uprising

3.New Born

4.Undisclosed Desires

5.Hysteria

(Interlude intro)

6.Nishe

8.Helsinki Jam

9.Resistance

10.Starlight

11.Time Is Running Out

12.Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13.Back In Black

14.Plug In Baby

15.Knights of Cydonia

Crazy Stuff.

You too, Lauren.

1.Uprising

3.New Born

4.Undisclosed Desires

5.Hysteria

(Interlude intro)

6.Nishe

8.Helsinki Jam

9.Resistance

10.Starlight

11.Time Is Running Out

12.Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13.Back In Black

14.Plug In Baby

15.Knights of Cydonia

Crazy Stuff.

Crap. They better play something special for all the BDO peoples' sakes. :LOL:

1.Uprising

3.New Born

4.Undisclosed Desires

5.Hysteria

(Interlude intro)

6.Nishe

8.Helsinki Jam

9.Resistance

10.Starlight

11.Time Is Running Out

12.Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13.Back In Black

14.Plug In Baby

15.Knights of Cydonia

Crazy Stuff.

Holy rarity-filled setlist, Batman!

1.Uprising

3.New Born

4.Undisclosed Desires

5.Hysteria

(Interlude intro)

6.Nishe

8.Helsinki Jam

9.Resistance

10.Starlight

11.Time Is Running Out

12.Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13.Back In Black

14.Plug In Baby

15.Knights of Cydonia

Crazy Stuff.

Unfortunately, NSC didn't exist yet :eek:

I was lucky enough to see Muse's orgasmic setlist @ Wembley Stadium 2nd night. Of course it was awesome but I do feel for the fans that get one show in their town and get GENERIC SETLIST A or GENERIC SETLIST B, then the second night at Wembley get OMFG CE, BLISS, MK, RbS LOLOLOLO UP YOURS EVERY0N3 ELSE!!!

I don't mind the Resistance but having listened to it loads then gone back to the older stuff, it really pales in comparison. Naturally, so have the quality of the gigs. The next album/tour will truly reveal whether Muse value their old school fanbase (ie: by occasionally playing a longer set/more classics thrown in) or the happy-go-lucky, casual Twilight fags (ie: NSC on a loop).

Muse can't save themselves in Australia, they will piss me off no matter what they do there. There are only two things they can do:

1) Play generic setlists. This will only go to show how little they care and that they've ripped off Australian fans. Then again, I will be kinda happy if they do. But still, it will show how lazy they are and that they just favour their shit songs.

Verdict: FAIL

2) Play some actual rarities and fuck European/US fans again. The same special treatment they gave the Asian fans. I'm fully expecting this one. This will only show that this entire tour has been one big lie, and that they are very capable of playing older songs but won't unless you live really far away and pay stupid amounts of money for your tickets.

Verdict: FAIL

While i originally started this threat for people to speculate on the future of what Muse gigs may hold, I have noticed that this has becoming a bashing forum for the current tour. While I understand a lot of peoples complaints, and I also think there are some people that are overreacting. I have been to only two Muse gigs, one in MSG earlier this year, where we got the normal setlist plus mk ultra and unnatural selection, and then nassau collesium where they played the same setlist minus those two songs.

That being said, I think we have forgotten the true meaning of a Muse or any rock concert, is that you are supposed to HAVE FUN and ROCK OUT. I dont know about you guys but I had the time of my life at both of these shows, even at the second one when i was at the barrier and my sister fainted so i had to miss half the show, it was STILL AMAZING. I think everyone needs to relax with the bashing a bit because to be honest, regardless of what songs they're playing at the time, were always gonna go see another show, becuase they do play oldies (albiet rarely) and well always hope that the one time is our show. Theyre still Muse, they put on great shows, regardless of what songs are played or not played, that wont change