While i originally started this threat for people to speculate on the future of what Muse gigs may hold, I have noticed that this has becoming a bashing forum for the current tour. While I understand a lot of peoples complaints, and I also think there are some people that are overreacting. I have been to only two Muse gigs, one in MSG earlier this year, where we got the normal setlist plus mk ultra and unnatural selection, and then nassau collesium where they played the same setlist minus those two songs.

That being said, I think we have forgotten the true meaning of a Muse or any rock concert, is that you are supposed to HAVE FUN and ROCK OUT. I dont know about you guys but I had the time of my life at both of these shows, even at the second one when i was at the barrier and my sister fainted so i had to miss half the show, it was STILL AMAZING. I think everyone needs to relax with the bashing a bit because to be honest, regardless of what songs they're playing at the time, were always gonna go see another show, becuase they do play oldies (albiet rarely) and well always hope that the one time is our show. Theyre still Muse, they put on great shows, regardless of what songs are played or not played, that wont change

I find it hard to have fun and rock out when they play a bunch of slow songs at every gig and place them in completely retarded spots in the setlist.

While i originally started this threat for people to speculate on the future of what Muse gigs may hold, I have noticed that this has becoming a bashing forum for the current tour. While I understand a lot of peoples complaints, and I also think there are some people that are overreacting. I have been to only two Muse gigs, one in MSG earlier this year, where we got the normal setlist plus mk ultra and unnatural selection, and then nassau collesium where they played the same setlist minus those two songs.

That being said, I think we have forgotten the true meaning of a Muse or any rock concert, is that you are supposed to HAVE FUN and ROCK OUT. I dont know about you guys but I had the time of my life at both of these shows, even at the second one when i was at the barrier and my sister fainted so i had to miss half the show, it was STILL AMAZING. I think everyone needs to relax with the bashing a bit because to be honest, regardless of what songs they're playing at the time, were always gonna go see another show, becuase they do play oldies (albiet rarely) and well always hope that the one time is our show. Theyre still Muse, they put on great shows, regardless of what songs are played or not played, that wont change

The problem is that if the songs doesn't rock, then it doesn't matter how well Muse performs them.

26/10/2009 @ Parken

27/05/2010 @ Rock In Rio

11/06/2010 @ Stade de France

12/06/2010 @ Stade de France

03/07/2010 @ Roskilde Festival

10/09/2010 @ Wembley Stadium

11/09/2010 @ Wembley Stadium

- 8 times in the same tour

- 4 times the same stadium show.

Seriously, I can understand why you're so frustrated about the lack of variety.

Also, 130 aud for the show is too much :eek:

We paid 44 EUR for the tower show in 2009 in Belgium (60 AUD). I guess they are making you pay the transport of the stuff accross the ocean...

I don't think the amount Muse are charging Australia has as much to do with them playing or not playing epic setlists but more to do with making up for the cost of getting the production all the way over there and across the country for what amounts to literally a handful of shows.

For what it's worth, Muse is charging less than Tool for their Australian shows. I guess that should count for something?

Yes i hope everyone understands this, Muse arnt charing more because they think their rarer songs cost more or just for the sake of it. It IS because they are bringing the full production over and that costs a hell of alot.

I understand that it's going to cost lots of money to get the stage transported, but then again, why can't they just leave it at home like they did for the Asia gigs? I don't care what the reasoning is, they can't justify that amount of money. Why should you guise get ripped off at the expense of their ridiculous stage set up travelling over?

I also therefore think that the rarities are played to make it up to you guise for stealin' yo' monies'.

Muse can't save themselves in Australia, they will piss me off no matter what they do there. There are only two things they can do:

1) Play generic setlists. This will only go to show how little they care and that they've ripped off Australian fans. Then again, I will be kinda happy if they do. But still, it will show how lazy they are and that they just favour their shit songs.

Verdict: FAIL

2) Play some actual rarities and fuck European/US fans again. The same special treatment they gave the Asian fans. I'm fully expecting this one. This will only show that this entire tour has been one big lie, and that they are very capable of playing older songs but won't unless you live really far away and pay stupid amounts of money for your tickets.

Verdict: FAIL

I'm going with #2. :awesome:

I told you it would turn into a thread full of ranting. :chuckle:

If I'm honest, you can't rock out at a Muse show anymore. I find it hard to rock out to GL, NSC, FG etc etc.

The thing is they aren't "Muse" we used to know...they're just their own tribute band.

I understand that it's going to cost lots of money to get the stage transported, but then again, why can't they just leave it at home like they did for the Asia gigs? I don't care what the reasoning is, they can't justify that amount of money. Why should you guise get ripped off at the expense of their ridiculous stage set up travelling over?

Because it's Muse, who clearly want to be the next U2. The production is the most important part of their performance these days, more important than music apparently.

Because it's Muse, who clearly want to be the next U2. The production is the most important part of their performance these days, more important than music apparently.

Why play good songs when you can have lots of flashy lights instead and still be called the "best live band in the world"?

The way I see it is that with each new album, some songs are put away while others re-emerge. RBS re-emerged this last tour, but bliss and absolution songs such as B&H were put away. With each album comes a setlist filled with songs from that album. The good thing about that for the next album is no more bad resistance songs. Resistance and UD are going to go away I think.

Resistance and UD are going to go away I think.

I think Uprising, Resistance UD & USoE are here to stay. Can't see GL being played after this tour. Unnatural Selection may crop up once in a while and MK Ultra won't see the light of day for some time. IBTY was never consistently played and the symphony won't be on the next tour if it doesn't get played on this.

It's a shame because UD is terrible live, but then when would Matt use his Keytar?

I like Uprising and USoE, so I don't mind them staying. Resistance is a good song but it's not that good live any more.

I guess I would be happy with whatever setlist they bring to Buenos Aires, if they ever come back. I couldn't attend the 2008 gig so I am still a Muse show virgin :$

Of course I would love to hear some songs more than others. And definitely don't want them to come back as U2 opening act :mad:

That being said, if I had the chance, I would tell the guys to ditch the ginormous stages and towers and whatnot and play music, that's what I pay my ticket for. A couple weeks ago I went to see Rush and despite they are near their 60's, they gave us almost THREE HOURS of solid rock. Muse... why you can't do the same?

I looked on this thread to see if there ware any rumours /ideas re future gigs , musical direction. I will no doubt be rubbished by some of you on here for saying it but this thread is predominantly a load of unconstructive WHINING. Some of you are going to too many gigs then wondering why you are bored . Most if not all professional musicians can only keep a limited number of pieces of music up to performance standard. Some of you expect their music to be as it was in Showbiz/ OoS days but everything in life changes eventually.This tour is almost over so listen to some other music guys and come back to Muse occasionally. Look forward to some new Muse material when hopefully many of us can get immersed again for a while and if you post on here PLEASE make it relevant to the thread.

I looked on this thread to see if there ware any rumours /ideas re future gigs , musical direction. I will no doubt be rubbished by some of you on here for saying it but this thread is predominantly a load of unconstructive WHINING

How the hell is any of this unconstructive? Do you even know what that means?

Some of you are going to too many gigs then wondering why you are bored . Most if not all professional musicians can only keep a limited number of pieces of music up to performance standard.

Are you saying that they can't have more than 25 songs? Because of what, their memory? If so, then why fill their short memory with covers?

Some of you expect their music to be as it was in Showbiz/ OoS days but everything in life changes eventually.

That isn't even close to what the people in here are talking about. And that statement is basically saying that there's no need to question anything in life, just deal with the fact that things change.

This tour is almost over so listen to some other music guys and come back to Muse occasionally. Look forward to some new Muse material when hopefully many of us can get immersed again for a while and if you post on here PLEASE make it relevant to the thread.

What?

I looked on this thread to see if there ware any rumours /ideas re future gigs , musical direction. I will no doubt be rubbished by some of you on here for saying it but this thread is predominantly a load of unconstructive WHINING. Some of you are going to too many gigs then wondering why you are bored . Most if not all professional musicians can only keep a limited number of pieces of music up to performance standard. Some of you expect their music to be as it was in Showbiz/ OoS days but everything in life changes eventually.This tour is almost over so listen to some other music guys and come back to Muse occasionally. Look forward to some new Muse material when hopefully many of us can get immersed again for a while and if you post on here PLEASE make it relevant to the thread.

:eek: You mean to tell me there's more to life than analyzing every one of Muse's moves to death even though the discussions remain cyclical and disturbingly obsessive? :mad: I for one need my regular dose of Muse board bitchery. :phu: It's great because even though I haven't been on here in a week, the bitching always picks up right where I left off with a little bit of the latest flavor added in to keep me intrigued and coming back for more. Who needs DVR??? :awesome:

I think one point that denise is making, and sometihng that i forgot to include before, and is very relevant, is that the more show you go to, it definitely would make muse more bored. for example, ive only seen muse twice, both this year, id love to see them a few more times obviously, their live shows are still new to me. however, there are people out there that have seen muse in excess of 10 to 15 times. thats a lot. especially when i know there are some people that have seen muse play 5 times on THIS TOUR alone. thats a lot for one tour. of course ur not going to see a lot of variation in those five shows because each show is the same purpose, to promote the same album. of course there are slight changeups, but for the most part the setlists remain the same. i think seeing one or two shows a tour makes the most sense. the more often you see muse or any band, theyre definitely liable to go stale. and i also agree that people need to understand that times change, and they wont always be like the showbiz/oos days. that being said, they should make a concious effort to play more old songs going foward

The way I see it is that with each new album, some songs are put away while others re-emerge. RBS re-emerged this last tour, but bliss and absolution songs such as B&H were put away. With each album comes a setlist filled with songs from that album. The good thing about that for the next album is no more bad resistance songs. Resistance and UD are going to go away I think.

UD isn't gonna go away. Look at all the money they've spent on performing it live - two keytars and a drum set. I'd be surprised to see Resistance go away either...

I think one point that denise is making, and sometihng that i forgot to include before, and is very relevant, is that the more show you go to, it definitely would make muse more bored. for example, ive only seen muse twice, both this year, id love to see them a few more times obviously, their live shows are still new to me. however, there are people out there that have seen muse in excess of 10 to 15 times. thats a lot. especially when i know there are some people that have seen muse play 5 times on THIS TOUR alone. thats a lot for one tour. of course ur not going to see a lot of variation in those five shows because each show is the same purpose, to promote the same album. of course there are slight changeups, but for the most part the setlists remain the same. i think seeing one or two shows a tour makes the most sense. the more often you see muse or any band, theyre definitely liable to go stale. and i also agree that people need to understand that times change, and they wont always be like the showbiz/oos days. that being said, they should make a concious effort to play more old songs going foward

I'll direct you towards every other tour Muse have done. The amount of variety has been staggering compared to this tour. It's only logical for people to assume that they could at least offer some variation for this tour as well.

I think one point that denise is making, and sometihng that i forgot to include before, and is very relevant, is that the more show you go to, it definitely would make muse more bored.

I assume that you mean more boring?

for example, ive only seen muse twice, both this year, id love to see them a few more times obviously, their live shows are still new to me. however, there are people out there that have seen muse in excess of 10 to 15 times. thats a lot. especially when i know there are some people that have seen muse play 5 times on THIS TOUR alone. thats a lot for one tour. of course ur not going to see a lot of variation in those five shows because each show is the same purpose, to promote the same album. of course there are slight changeups, but for the most part the setlists remain the same.

The last part there, "for the most part the setlists remain the same", isn't that exactly what most people are against? Using the problem as a counter-argument doesn't really work :p

i think seeing one or two shows a tour makes the most sense. the more often you see muse or any band, theyre definitely liable to go stale. and i also agree that people need to understand that times change, and they wont always be like the showbiz/oos days. that being said, they should make a concious effort to play more old songs going foward

I do agree a bit though. No one is expecting Muse to pull out totally different shows every time just for the people who see them more than once. But the point still stands that many of their fans are getting ripped off. Shouldn't paying to see Muse several times be a good thing? Why would Muse want to make people NOT buy tickets to several shows by making them all exactly the same?

it is a very tough situation. because despite all this, ill go see muse any day of the week, the number one reason being that every song live is better than on their recorded albums, which i feel is a very unique attribute for a band

Yeah, too bad that most of those songs never get played.

it is a very tough situation. because despite all this, ill go see muse any day of the week, the number one reason being that every song live is better than on their recorded albums, which i feel is a very unique attribute for a band

Even if Justin Bieber was better live than on record, that isn't a reason for me to buy a ticket to see him live ;)

EDIT: And besides, I don't think it would be that hard for most bands if they would only play the same 15 songs every night.

Edited by Tjet

That's the thing though, the setlist doesn't have to be the same and could have a bit more variation. I don't think going to multiple shows makes things boring. A boring show makes things boring. I follow other bands around multiple times and still have a great time because they shake things up.

While I agree with pretty much everything that's being said, I LOVED the Glasgow show '09. It was my first Muse gig, but there was definintely something missing.

Obviously, I completely agree with the setlist arguements. My first ever concert was to see Avril Lavigne, she has a lot less songs, yet she gave a much longer performance, and tbh, I enjoyed it more.

(/bad comparison)

With the whole "Feeling Good needs to go.' I don't think it does. I think it's great live, and the crowd get really involved. I agree, it should be rotated, and not played as often, but the crowd's reaction is the problem, I feel. At LCCC, people around me groaned when the intro began, yet sang their hearts out and appeared to love it. If a song is getting such a good reception, Muse are bound to keep it in the setlist. I agree with everything said about New Born, but I don't think it should go on rotation with US. Each time I heard it I found US weak, and well, boring. But, that's just my opinion. Also, I don't see why it's so hard to add more songs, and swap them. How can they not be fed up of hearing them if the fans are after a few gigs?

Again, I agree with it being a lot of money for a little pay back. But, I have optimism for the next album/tour. It would be pathetic and embarrassing, in my opinion, for them to carry on with this road, how more over the top can they go before it all falls back in their faces?

Just wait and see.

With the whole "Feeling Good needs to go.' I don't think it does. I think it's great live, and the crowd get really involved. I agree, it should be rotated, and not played as often, but the crowd's reaction is the problem, I feel. At LCCC, people around me groaned when the intro began, yet sang their hearts out and appeared to love it. If a song is getting such a good reception, Muse are bound to keep it in the setlist.

So (one of ) the the most popular song(s).. isn't actually a song they wrote themselves. Way to go Muse :LOL:

Again, I agree with it being a lot of money for a little pay back. But, I have optimism for the next album/tour. It would be pathetic and embarrassing, in my opinion, for them to carry on with this road, how more over the top can they go before it all falls back in their faces?

Just wait and see.

That ship has sailed.

I have a feeling that this will continue next tour as well.

Whatever Muse do, some of you will always complain.

You should appreciate Muse a little bit more.

They are the best band/live band in the world, what more can you expect?

I know that some of you want more variation in the setlist.

But think.... If Muse want to gain more fans they can`t play only songs from Hullabaloo

and Showbiz. The Resistance Tour setlists include "The Hits" because most of the people on a Muse gigs aren`t "hardcore" fans as us. And they do play some more rare songs:

- Neutron Star Collision

- Unnatural Selection

- MK Ultra

- I Belong To You

- Soldier`s Poem

- Take A Bow

- Butterflies & Hurricanes

- Ruled By Secrecy

- Dead Star

- Can`t Take My Eyes Off You

- Citizen Erased

- Bliss

- Cave

- Sunburn

(Rare songs played during "The Resistance Tour")

Whatever Muse do, some of you will always complain.

You should appreciate Muse a little bit more.

They are the best band/live band in the world, what more can you expect?

I know that some of you want more variation in the setlist.

But think.... If Muse want to gain more fans they can`t play only songs from Hullabaloo

and Showbiz. The Resistance Tour setlists include "The Hits" because most of the people on a Muse gigs aren`t "hardcore" fans as us. And they do play some more rare songs:

- Neutron Star Collision

- Unnatural Selection

- MK Ultra

- I Belong To You

- Soldier`s Poem

- Take A Bow

- Butterflies & Hurricanes

- Ruled By Secrecy

- Dead Star

- Can`t Take My Eyes Off You

- Citizen Erased

- Bliss

- Cave

- Sunburn

(Rare songs played during "The Resistance Tour")

The ones in bold were only played 1-3 times, two of which were only played in Asia. Your argument is faulty.

And no, we shouldn't be more appreciative, because they haven't given us a lot to appreciate this tour. No one is asking them to stop playing new/popular songs and only play old songs. You need to read more before you post.

The problem is not that they're playing songs for the new fans. The problem is that they're playing songs ONLY for the new fans, whilst pissing all over hardcore fans. It couldn't possibly hurt them in any way to play some older songs to please both ends of the fanbase.

Read more before you post, please.