Maybe they considered the festival date as the last date of the tour as such, rather than the arena date.

Aren't Muse AWESOME? :awesome:

Yeah, technically Voodoo was the last date on the tour, but C'ville was the last day everyone was there exclusively to see them. *sigh* At least my seats for that show were insanely close to the stage, and Dom played his ass off.

Yeah, technically Voodoo was the last date on the tour, but C'ville was the last day everyone was there exclusively to see them. *sigh* At least my seats for that show were insanely close to the stage, and Dom played his ass off.

I would say that was maybe the reason then. That and at festivals they know they have to up their games because they are going to be compared to the other acts that are there too. At Oxegen they really pulled it out of the bag because the line-up that weekend was amazing so they knew they couldn't make it a half arsed show.

Bellamy could fart into his megaphone and it'd get rave reviews in papers and by diehard fans as long as the light show is there. This is fundamentally wrong. I think Muse need to get back to basics, scrap the crazy stage ideas and extra riff gubbins and just play their own music. I want to see them being actually innovative on stage rather than just playing the songs as they are on record pretty much.

Bellamy could fart into his megaphone and it'd get rave reviews in papers and by diehard fans as long as the light show is there. This is fundamentally wrong. I think Muse need to get back to basics, scrap the crazy stage ideas and extra riff gubbins and just play their own music. I want to see them being actually innovative on stage rather than just playing the songs as they are on record pretty much.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I could give a haypenny jizz about the lights.

The fact I got to hear Bliss, MK Ultra, US, TAB, RBS, CE all on one night, having not heard any of them (Bar US) since 2007, will keep me going for awhile :yesey:

Hopes: The "show" is toned down and the flexibility can return, given that they'll have 6 albums to travel across.

Realisms: They'll extend the tour length to have more shows that'll allow them to cut down on the lights and focus on the music but still have the fans flocking for tickets... They'll play more oldies but people will still beef about setlists because they're not playing the songs THEY want to hear.

I could give a haypenny jizz about the lights.

The fact I got to hear Bliss, MK Ultra, US, TAB, RBS, CE all on one night, having not heard any of them (Bar US) since 2007, will keep me going for awhile :yesey:

Hopes: The "show" is toned down and the flexibility can return, given that they'll have 6 albums to travel across.

Realisms: They'll extend the tour length to have more shows that'll allow them to cut down on the lights and focus on the music but still have the fans flocking for tickets... They'll play more oldies but people will still beef about setlists because they're not playing the songs THEY want to hear.

Have you actually read the thread? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Oh, and they already have 5 albums to travel across, how can they not already be "flexible"?

Have you actually read the thread? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Oh, and they already have 5 albums to travel across, how can they not already be "flexible"?

I'm pretty sure they'd beef about setlists even if it were the perfect setlist, because people love to complain about something, that's democracy.

Flexibility in the sense that given the support acts that have toured with them, Muse get about 1hr 30 time on stage because the majority of places have a 22:30-23:00 curfew, add to that the traffic/transportation issues for people at the gigs and there's an even greater strain on time, not to mention that because of the immense logistical/technological strain put on setting up such a big event in such a short period of time, the fact is that it's "easier" (As negative as that sounds) for Muse to "play it safe" because there's such a fine line there.

Strip away the support and the techno-flash and they'll be able to go at LEAST 2 hours each night... Hence, more flexibility :yesey:

EDIT:

Oh and tbh, why read the entire thread when the tags tell me pretty much the same thing.

I'm pretty sure they'd beef about setlists even if it were the perfect setlist, because people love to complain about something, that's democracy.

Well, that's a very poor argument. What are you trying to say? That we shouldn't want them to do better, because people will still complain? Are you saying that we already are complaining just for the sake of complaining? Enlighten me.

Flexibility in the sense that given the support acts that have toured with them, Muse get about 1hr 30 time on stage because the majority of places have a 22:30-23:00 curfew, add to that the traffic/transportation issues for people at the gigs and there's an even greater strain on time, not to mention that because of the immense logistical/technological strain put on setting up such a big event in such a short period of time, the fact is that it's "easier" (As negative as that sounds) for Muse to "play it safe" because there's such a fine line there.

Strip away the support and the techno-flash and they'll be able to go at LEAST 2 hours each night... Hence, more flexibility :yesey:

But then it has nothing to do with the amount of albums, correct?

Well, that's a very poor argument. What are you trying to say? That we shouldn't want them to do better, because people will still complain? Are you saying that we already are complaining just for the sake of complaining? Enlighten me.

But then it has nothing to do with the amount of albums, correct?

I'd say that given there's millions of Muse fans, you can never satisfy every single one of them, because not everyone likes the same songs, ergo YOUR perfect setlist may not be MY perfect setlist and vice versa.

More albums = more variation

More time to play = more variation

I'd say that given there's millions of Muse fans, you can never satisfy every single one of them, because not everyone likes the same songs, ergo YOUR perfect setlist may not be MY perfect setlist and vice versa.

More albums = more variation

More time to play = more variation

But we aren't asking for our favorite songs, we are asking for a MIX of songs from all their albums, so that they will have something for every type of fan, are you following?

And the point was that Muse already has 5 albums, and that hasn't exactly given them more variation compared to when they only had 4 or even 3. I doubt that a 6th album will make things that much better.

Given that 90% of the tour threads have featured setlist beef, I think I'll be OK ;)

And if you think that the complains has been about not getting people's favorite songs, you clearly haven't understood what any of the "complainers" are saying.

But we aren't asking for our favorite songs, we are asking for a MIX of songs from all their albums, so that they will have something for every type of fan, are you following?

And the point was that Muse already has 5 albums, and that hasn't exactly given them more variation compared to when they only had 4 or even 3. I doubt that a 6th album will make things that much better.

I'd say they played a reasonable amount of tracks from each album (Bar Showbiz) during this tour... Given that this is The Resistance tour, it's hardly unfair for them to dedicate the time to playing tracks from that album as a priority.

And as I said in my earlier post, technical and time restraints have kept them from pursuing that flexibility, if they strip away the support acts and the flair, they'd have far more time to add a mix of songs from the albums in the future

I'd say they played a reasonable amount of tracks from each album (Bar Showbiz) during this tour... Given that this is The Resistance tour, it's hardly unfair for them to dedicate the time to playing tracks from that album as a priority.

And as I said in my earlier post, technical and time restraints have kept them from pursuing that flexibility, if they strip away the support acts and the flair, they'd have far more time to add a mix of songs from the albums in the future

NO ONE HAS SAID THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM, IN FACT THIS IS EXPECTED AND ACCEPTED.

For God's sake, man. Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strength.

And if you think that the complains has been about not getting people's favorite songs, you clearly haven't understood what any of the "complainers" are saying.

I never said FAVOURITE songs, I said songs you want to hear specifically, hell my favourite song is Hyper Music, but they've not played that since 2003 and I'm not up in arms about it.

In your opinion then, briefly, what would you say are the "complainers" saying.

I am not going to comment on the first part, since I have no interest in repeating myself another time.

But the last part, we are back on my earlier question. The amount of albums has nothing to do with it.

I never said FAVOURITE songs, I said songs you want to hear specifically, hell my favourite song is Hyper Music, but they've not played that since 2003 and I'm not up in arms about it.

In your opinion then, briefly, what would you say are the "complainers" saying.

Well excuse me for using "favorite" instead of "songs I want to hear live the most".

There are plenty of brief posts about this subject, let me see if I can find some of them in under 5 minutes.

As my last post said, what do YOU think the problem is then?

A quick look at page 10 resulted in one of my earlier posts:

"* LEAVE THE FUCKING RIFFING ALONE IF YOU CAN'T BE SPONTANEOUS ABOUT IT OR AT LEAST CHANGE THE RIFFS EVERY NOW AND THEN

* Longer setlists

* Varied setlists. Playing the same shit setlist everywhere (except... well you know) and then making an effort for one night (Wembley second night) doesn't cut it.

* NO SPECIAL TREATMENT! YOUR HARDCORE FANS AREN'T SITUATED EXCLUSIVELY IN ASIA AND/OR AUSTRALIA

* On the off-chance freak accidents where they do play older songs, they should fucking keep playing them. Don't play them just once or twice (I'm looking at you Dead Star) and then stop. Or even better, do the same with Feeling Good and Guiding Light. Just play them once or twice and then don't play them for the rest of the tour.

* Stop with the bullshit excuses. If you lazy assholes spent half as much time rehearsing older songs and planning your setlists as you spent on making excuses for being lazy, then we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

* New Born. Piano. Faster. Or just replace it with Unnatural Selection and be done with it.

* Get rid of the fancy lights, they're only distracting, both for the band and the fans. I'm pretty sure the seizures that Matt gets from these lights is what's making him write shit songs.

* Stop with the harmonica. Put Knights of Cydonia somewhere else in the setlist or just drop it entirely. I don't care, just stop closing with it all the time.

* Setlist polls. Don't ever do this again unless you guys are going to take it seriously.

* Stop playing Feeling Good. There was a time when it was sorta funny to bash it all the time, but seriously boys, just stop playing it already."

This is exactly why you need to do more reading before heading into a discussion.

Seriously? I could have sworn both Wembley nights went on sale at the same time... Well, my bad. Fuck that shit.

Actually, Wembley is the only instance where this "second night being better" debacle actually makes sense. The "2nd" wembley show was actually the first one to go on sale. After that one sold out, they added an additional show for the previous day.

The same thing happened with the shows at Stade de France, but those setlists had a much less striking difference.

A quick look at page 10 resulted in one of my earlier posts:

"* LEAVE THE FUCKING RIFFING ALONE IF YOU CAN'T BE SPONTANEOUS ABOUT IT OR AT LEAST CHANGE THE RIFFS EVERY NOW AND THEN

* Longer setlists

* Varied setlists. Playing the same shit setlist everywhere (except... well you know) and then making an effort for one night (Wembley second night) doesn't cut it.

* NO SPECIAL TREATMENT! YOUR HARDCORE FANS AREN'T SITUATED EXCLUSIVELY IN ASIA AND/OR AUSTRALIA

* On the off-chance freak accidents where they do play older songs, they should fucking keep playing them. Don't play them just once or twice (I'm looking at you Dead Star) and then stop. Or even better, do the same with Feeling Good and Guiding Light. Just play them once or twice and then don't play them for the rest of the tour.

* Stop with the bullshit excuses. If you lazy assholes spent half as much time rehearsing older songs and planning your setlists as you spent on making excuses for being lazy, then we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

* New Born. Piano. Faster. Or just replace it with Unnatural Selection and be done with it.

* Get rid of the fancy lights, they're only distracting, both for the band and the fans. I'm pretty sure the seizures that Matt gets from these lights is what's making him write shit songs.

* Stop with the harmonica. Put Knights of Cydonia somewhere else in the setlist or just drop it entirely. I don't care, just stop closing with it all the time.

* Setlist polls. Don't ever do this again unless you guys are going to take it seriously.

* Stop playing Feeling Good. There was a time when it was sorta funny to bash it all the time, but seriously boys, just stop playing it already."

This is exactly why you need to do more reading before heading into a discussion.

Errr... the majority of that is about setlists, light shows and technical/time/logistical restraints, which is EXACTLY what I've been talking about! :LOL:

Errr... the majority of that is about setlists, light shows and technical/time/logistical restraints, which is EXACTLY what I've been talking about! :LOL:

Yes, but you make the claim that we only complain because our favourite songs aren't played, which is an argument you've pulled out of your ass.

I am not going to comment on the first part, since I have no interest in repeating myself another time.

But the last part, we are back on my earlier question. The amount of albums has nothing to do with it.

Well excuse me for using "favorite" instead of "songs I want to hear live the most".

There are plenty of brief posts about this subject, let me see if I can find some of them in under 5 minutes.

The amount of albums does if you want a MIX of songs, otherwise you'd be playing just one album the whole of your career...

There's a difference between the two though, as I KNOW they won't play Hyper Music anytime soon, but I HOPE they play Exogenesis in full because it's not been done yet (Mainly because of logistical restrictions)