We're still waiting. I've heard that it would be a good idea to pay close attention to the Lolla site/FB/twitter later this week though. I'd sign up to get notifications if you haven't already. ;)

thank you :D how do I sign up for notifications?

So at Reading/Leeds they'll be playing "songs from OoS alongside others"???

Couldn't that just be New Born, Plug In Baby, Bliss, Feeling Good, and Citizen Erased? I mean this is Muse we're talking about.

Why would they even point out that they are specially playing songs from OOS is they were going to play the same songs they play every show? I'm sure they will play at least one rarity from OOS at the two R&L shows

and if they are going full out and playing a bunch of songs from OOS that are rarely played, I'm almost certain they'd play at least one of those at Lolla as a warm-up/test. Kinda like how they played CE a few days before they played it at Voodoo.

Why would they even point out that they are specially playing songs from OOS is they were going to play the same songs they play every show? I'm sure they will play at least one rarity from OOS at the two R&L shows

and if they are going full out and playing a bunch of songs from OOS that are rarely played, I'm almost certain they'd play at least one of those at Lolla as a warm-up/test. Kinda like how they played CE a few days before they played it at Voodoo.

they've got to treat us to atleast a similar set to reading, THEY JUST HAVE TO. This is the first reading i'm missing in 4 years, sod's law.

Speaking of lolla notifications sign up, did anyone get a verification email or there's not supposed to be one? I signed up a while ago and never got anything from them..

I never got a confirmation either so I don't think they send one. I really wish they would though- I'm paranoid I won't get the notification when golden tix go on sale.

Please don't let us get screwed again. Guys, I think we might need to get that petting zoo together . . .

I will donate what critters I have....a pony, horses ( I volunteer free riding lessons to Muse) a parrot (maybe not him, he might bite their fingers off) endless supplies of dogs and cats...Maybe through the clinic I can come up with a few more from clients...a wallaby (its not a kangaroo, but close), a few big cats, llamas, alpacas...:LOL:

:facepalm: Way to alienate your American fans, Muse! :chuckle:

You will be redeemed if you use Lolla as the warm-up. Megalomania, CE, Bliss, and Space Dementia. Play them. At Lolla. :awesome:

/optimism

^^THIS^^

I never got a confirmation either so I don't think they send one. I really wish they would though- I'm paranoid I won't get the notification when golden tix go on sale.

Im afraid I wont get the notification or I will get it but be no where near a computer when they go on sale (or my dumb computer will be super slow and lock up. If that happens I will set the damn thing on fire)

Yay for the R/L people, that will be so awesome. I wish I could go, but I have to be a responsible parent and act like a grown up with bills, kid, work, business etc once in a while (not often but, still... Im pushing the limits with lolla) I just hope that we get OoS stuff at lolla, it makes me sad to think they wont play that stuff anymore, its my favorite album of all time. :( (and I still think even the possibility of an Indy gig would be :awesome:)

Yay for the R/L people, that will be so awesome. I wish I could go, but I have to be a responsible parent and act like a grown up with bills, kid, work, business etc once in a while (not often but, still... Im pushing the limits with lolla) I just hope that we get OoS stuff at lolla, it makes me sad to think they wont play that stuff anymore, its my favorite album of all time. :( (and I still think even the possibility of an Indy gig would be :awesome:)

I wish I could go R&L too but I will settle for traipsing about Lolla .... at least I can boast that part of my vacation time this year will be visiting Spain :D air fare is ridonkulous tho :erm:

Guysguysguys!

I'm reading the NME article and getting excited again. :awesome:

The thing is, we've kind of stopped touring 'The Resistance' now, and we felt that if we were going to do these shows, we wanted to make it something unique. We've been touring the last album for a year and a half, and people have seen that show already, you know? So we've been thinking for a long time about what we can do - we were talking for a while about doing some sort of B-sides set, or playing songs that we haven't played for a long time. There are a lot of older songs that never get a look in.

Chris says the Resistance tour is over, and we've all seen it by now. I know he's talking about Reading/Leeds, but this could mean B-sides and rarities for Lolla, right? :awesome:

(I tend to trust Chris interviews more than Matt interviews, for some reason. :rolleyes: )

Guysguysguys!

I'm reading the NME article and getting excited again. :awesome:

Chris says the Resistance tour is over, and we've all seen it by now. I know he's talking about Reading/Leeds, but this could mean B-sides and rarities for Lolla, right? :awesome:

(I tend to trust Chris interviews more than Matt interviews, for some reason. :rolleyes: )

:awesome:

Ok I'm very excite now :D

If we line up on the barrier that day and see the roadies set up a bunch of OoS pitchforks backstage...I will cry with happiness. :LOL: There's no point keeping the stage setup secret now that they blabbed to NME, right?

Except the stage design will be exclusive to R/L.

I wish I could go R&L too but I will settle for traipsing about Lolla .... at least I can boast that part of my vacation time this year will be visiting Spain :D air fare is ridonkulous tho :erm:

oohh Spain will be fun!!!

sounds kinda promising :awesome:

I really dont care whether they do the set they do at R/L as long as we get the rarities :D

I know I sounded very negative in my last post, and that's strange because I'm really one of the least negative Muse fans around here. :p No matter what, I'll be over the moon just seeing Muse this year, and I do think it's possible that we'll get a few rarities or older songs. And what Chris said about TR tour being over is very promising for something different. :awesome::dance::musesign:

But I got excited for a minute thinking that maybe once Lolla was officially announced, they'd announce that they're doing the same thing here. Then I realized that they wouldn't very well celebrate the 10th anniversary of an album that wasn't released here 10 years ago. Man, I really wish I could go to R/L, but Lolla will be epic regardless.

Although I thought it would have the opposite affect, somehow the passage of time and thinking about Lolla is actually making my outlook/opinion on this Reading/Leeds thing even MORE negative! :LOL::facepalm:

I'm just so upset right now. I kind of ranted a bit. It's just me whining :LOL: so read at your own risk (and please don't judge me for my negative opinions :chuckle: I'm a very jealous person and I get upset easily!)

I dont even know why, but I'm like... legitimately super upset about this whole thing :LOL: Somehow, the fact that I'm going to Lolla is actually making my jealousy about R/L even worse. Mind you, my students have been driving me up a wall lately, so I've been in a super bad/negative mood the past couple of days, but like, I almost feel like crying right now, the more I think about how freakin' EPIC Reading and Leeds are gonna be, and the fact that Muse would never even DREAM of doing anything special or awesome here in the US.

I just feel like it's gonna be a huge slap in the face for all of us. I've become such a negative person in regards to how I view Muse and their setlists (I'm just not too vocal about it, usually) but I was really hoping that they'd surprise us with something cool or special at Lolla. And I was assuming that, yeah, the R/L setlists would be a bit better... they always are in the UK. But to find out that they're doing something THAT awesome just sickens me.

I guess this isn't too different from the usual... Muse always plays better setlists in other countries. I think it's just the fact that it's SO close to Lolla and it's something SO special and unique. How is this fair to any of us?

I have two friends going to Leeds and I'm trying so hard to control my jealousy, but it's impossible. I wish they understood how it feels to be a US fan! (Actually... I don't! I don't wanna wish that frustration on anyone :LOL:)

And yeah, yeah, yeah... I know that there's a chance we might get a special or rare song or two... but whatever they play for us will still be nothing in comparison to what they're gonna get at Reading and Leeds. UGH. It's so unfair.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again -- When I'm actually there at Lolla, none of the above ranting will matter to me. Honestly, the negativity probably won't really cross my mind at all. I'm going to have fun no matter what... It's going to be an incredible weekend!

...The problem will be AFTERWARDS, when I'm sexyplaning Reading and Leeds and start seething with blind rage and jealousy :awesome:

I apologize for going offtopic with setlist ranting. But in this case, I feel it's relevant.

Wow, that actually made me feel a little better! :LOL:

^i feel the same way.

I'm not to happy about the 'neglect' on US fans but its not just the US that gets put on the back burner.

I still have my hopes that they'll announce something special for lolla when the line up is official.

Until then I'm just slowly dying inside.

Archived