Don't worry. This thread is more about Lolla itself, and the Chicago meetup one is where we all post where we're staying, when we're flying in, and what we want to do when we all meet in Chicago. Nothing too specific yet, but we're talking about a meetup on Thursday night, and I know someone mentioned Six Flags on Wednesday. :shifty:

Coundown to Lolla: 152 days. :happy:

Gotcha

And:awesome::dance: So excited.

dilema here.. I so want to go but the hotel rates are nuts and I don't want to stay in a hostel.. Y'all think maybe there might be some special deals as we get closer to that time frame. I know it's not gonna be super cheap because it's summer time and that raises rates right there. But I have been in Chicago during the summer (July) and was able to get a good rate then at a hotel in Printer's row, this was last year.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

dilema here.. I so want to go but the hotel rates are nuts and I don't want to stay in a hostel.. Y'all think maybe there might be some special deals as we get closer to that time frame. I know it's not gonna be super cheap because it's summer time and that raises rates right there. But I have been in Chicago during the summer (July) and was able to get a good rate then at a hotel in Printer's row, this was last year.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

I think the longer you wait, the more rates will go up. I would be very suprised if rates went down closer to the show. There are quite a few Musers staying at the Travelodge and I think rates are pretty reasonable still.

I think the longer you wait, the more rates will go up. I would be very suprised if rates went down closer to the show. There are quite a few Musers staying at the Travelodge and I think rates are pretty reasonable still.

Yes, rates are going up and up and up. :erm: There are a lot of Musers staying at the Travelodge, and they might have room for one more person. Also, some of the others are looking at renting an apartment for that week, and the more people they get, the less everyone pays. ;)

Hello all. :)

Me(Justin) and 3 other musers(Shelbi, Liz, and Liz's friend) are so far confirmed but we are looking for more to stay with us in an apartment. We have a choice of about 5-6 apartments so far. Half sleep 8 people and other half sleep 6 people. If we have at least 12 people for the apartments that sleep 8 the cost will be 150$ per person for 6 days. If we have at least 10 people for the apartments that sleep 6 the cost will be 150$ per person for 6 days. We had previously thought the apartment we saw that sleeps 30 was going to be the one but the sleep 30 for that one meant doing multiple condos which would cost much more. So here are the new and better ones. :)

Here are the vacation rentals:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...als/70537.html (About .5 miles from Grant Park)

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...als/80716.html (About .5 miles from Grant Park)

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...tals/4650.html (About .5 miles from Grant Park)

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...als/70521.html (About 1 mile from Grant Park)

I think that these 4 are the best options since they are the closest to Grant Park. Just giving you some extra options with the 2 below that our also available.

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...als/54591.html (Less than 2 miles from Grant Park)

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...als/16082.html (About 2.5 miles from Grant Park)

Thanks bud. Looking at the Orange Line for tranport into downtown Chicago! Where is everyone staying?

Most of us are staying at the HI Hostel or the Downtown Travelodge. A couple of people are renting an apartment for the week, so talk to Justin (Sizzle'd) if you're interested, and sign up for the Muser meetup if you want to come.

148 days to go! :happy:

Two more from the CincinnatiMuser meet heading to CHICAGO!! Ben and I just made our final plans and I booked a room at the HI Chicago hostel!! We will be driving in from North Dakota on August 4th. Would LOVE to do the whole muser meet again!!!! I miss you guys :$

I was looking on the Lolla website and it mentioned a Cabana. :p They are an air conditioned tent area where you can see the show from a raised platform...I have no idea how much one is, I was honestly thinking about checking it out...I know some of you want barracade but would there be any muser fans willing to go in on the price for a swanky spot to watch Muse? A Cabana is supposed to hold anywhere from 25 - 45 people!!

Again, I don't have much info but I am going snooping...

I was looking on the Lolla website and it mentioned a Cabana. :p They are an air conditioned tent area where you can see the show from a raised platform...I have no idea how much one is, I was honestly thinking about checking it out...I know some of you want barracade but would there be any muser fans willing to go in on the price for a swanky spot to watch Muse? A Cabana is supposed to hold anywhere from 25 - 45 people!! Again, I don't have much info but I am going snooping...

I thought the same thing so I emailed them to ask how much they are. They said last years price was $45,000 for up to 25 people. ($1800 per person) and $1700 for each additional person. :eek: They said the price wouldn't change much if at all. Way too damn expensive for my broke ass.

I don't know if this is worth getting too excited over just yet, but there's a listing at last.fm for a concert at Verizon Wireless Center/Deer Creek in Noblesville, IN for August 4th, 2011, as well as an August 5th appearance at Lollapalooza.

If it is true.... Megabus runs from Indianapolis to Chicago. Holy shit, I'm so there!

I don't know if this is worth getting too excited over just yet, but there's a listing at last.fm for a concert at Verizon Wireless Center/Deer Creek in Noblesville, IN for August 4th, 2011, as well as an August 5th appearance at Lollapalooza.

I heard this from someone else earlier today too. Not to mention it makes sense. But I'm trying to find a source.

Yeah, I added the show there. Originally got it from the Resistance thread on the Coachella music boards. If anything, I'm guessing the show and possibly others like it will be announced in the coming weeks or around the time Lolla officially unveils its lineup.

Yeah, I added the show there. Originally got it from the Resistance thread on the Coachella music boards. If anything, I'm guessing the show and possibly others like it will be announced in the coming weeks or around the time Lolla officially unveils its lineup.

haha, yeah, thats where I saw it this morning. And that supre dude usually knows what hes talking about.

Definitely why I added it. Dude's usually on the mark when it comes to who's touring and where.

Yep! Well, I hope they do wait until after the lineup is released for tickets to go onsale. I just bought an Outside Lands ticket hoping for Muse so I'd be screwed if they went onsale now...

Archived