Like I said, I have no idea what that actually means.

So are they like editors?? Or printers?? It's quite confusing (For me anyway as I'm used to working in film)

It's not anything you can easily to define as it can cover a whole variety of roles. Could be a guy in the room just there as another opinion, through to a solo artist doing everything themselves.

There's an interview on Youtube with Muse and John Leckie about Showbiz.

Muse write an album more inclined to political consciousness, people bitch about it and ask for more personal stuff. Muse write an album more inclined to personal stuff and people bitch about it.

sometimes you people are just so exhausting, really.

Muse writes an album more inclined to political consciousness, people bitch about it and ask for more personal stuff. Muse writes an album more inclined to personal stuff and people bitch about it.

...you've been around since 2005 and are just now realising this?

:LOL:

My guess is either Matt does a side-project, or they really are going to change :stunned:

My guess is the first option ;)

mmm, tis a possibility.

Hope not, though.

Although it would be truly interesting to see what he comes up with on his own, without dom's or chris's or anyone else's input. I think it may get a bit scary and could result in Matt losing his mind :LOL: :LOL:

mmm, tis a possibility.

Hope not, though.

Although it would be truly interesting to see what he comes up with on his own, without dom's or chris's or anyone else's input. I think it may get a bit scary and could result in Matt losing his mind :LOL: :LOL:

well, Matt's composed a bunch of stuff by himself :erm:

and if you watch the making of TR you notice that Matt's the one giving pointers and advice on everything.

mmm, tis a possibility.

Hope not, though.

imagine him in the cover of his own album! :eek:

I think scaling things down after The Resistance is a smart idea, I'm just no sure how good Muse will be at "personal" or "intimate" and I hope that their music doesn't become too straight and ordinary.

Well every album has had songs on it which appear to be personal, and they have done intimate songs before. I'm not quite sure how you are defining intimate, but even Undisclosed Desires and IBTY are pretty intimate. If you're thinking stripped down there are a lot of stripped down b sides which are certainly not ordinary.

well, Matt's composed a bunch of stuff by himself :erm:

and if you watch the making of TR you notice that Matt's the one giving pointers and advice on everything.

Yes, he's written the majority of their music if not all of it. I think Chris wrote Easily. I noticed that the songs on every album are credited to Matt apart from Absolution where they are credited to all three of them, Matt the lyrics. I'm not sure whether that means that there was more of a joint effort in the song writing for Absolution (maybe they began from a different starting point) or whether whoever did the business side had a different idea regarding definition of songwriter.

I get the impression that they all contribute by the writing of their instrumental parts and their opinions, particularly, if they think something won't work. I remember somewhere where Matt said he asked Chris and Dom to trust him on Exogenesis so that was his project, which means that on others I imagine they get the song from Matt in a more raw unfinished form. I'm not quite sure why Chris and Dom don't get co-writer credits in that instance (unless it is attributed to the person with the original idea). However Matt is the artistic lead. I remember an interview where the other two said they recognised that. Not to say it couldn't change but I doubt it will.

My guess is either Matt does a side-project, or they really are going to change :stunned:

My guess is the first option ;)

I don't think the change would be one necessitating a side project. They have changed every album, so this is no different. I'm not even sure if the change would be that different to what they've done before.

Muse write an album more inclined to political consciousness, people bitch about it and ask for more personal stuff. Muse write an album more inclined to personal stuff and people bitch about it.

Well if it happens, the next thing will be complaining because the feelings Matt expresses in personal songs aren't the ones people wanted him to have! :chuckle: That's already happened actually.

I am hoping someone will look out for me tomorrow as I am on my own with a dodgy knee having broken it in March. As I am probably the oldest Muse fan in this forum I might need a bit of help hence booking up this seat. I am passionate about Muse and love all their music from the first album to the last. I am slowly getting my husband to appreciate Muse. I did it with Queen next on the list is Muse!

If we're looking at Muse's down-to-earth stuff that ain't bombtastic as of late, we have Solider's Poem, USoE intro and Starlight.

Muse can't do down to earth stuff. It's just not right. They can be bombtastic and 'big' with their music, look at Take A Bow - bombtastic and 'big' but still so, so good.

Yes, he's written the majority of their music if not all of it. I think Chris wrote Easily. I noticed that the songs on every album are credited to Matt apart from Absolution where they are credited to all three of them, Matt the lyrics. I'm not sure whether that means that there was more of a joint effort in the song writing for Absolution (maybe they began from a different starting point) or whether whoever did the business side had a different idea regarding definition of songwriter.

I get the impression that they all contribute by the writing of their instrumental parts and their opinions, particularly, if they think something won't work. I remember somewhere where Matt said he asked Chris and Dom to trust him on Exogenesis so that was his project, which means that on others I imagine they get the song from Matt in a more raw unfinished form. I'm not quite sure why Chris and Dom don't get co-writer credits in that instance (unless it is attributed to the person with the original idea). However Matt is the artistic lead. I remember an interview where the other two said they recognised that. Not to say it couldn't change but I doubt it will.

Can't have publishing rights on a drum part, since that would be a legal minefield.

Also songwriting isn't the finished result, otherwise all producers (Maybe even engineers, mixers, MEs as well) would get songwriting credits.

Archived