Can't have publishing rights on a drum part, since that would be a legal minefield.

Also songwriting isn't the finished result, otherwise all producers (Maybe even engineers, mixers, MEs as well) would get songwriting credits.

Yeah good point. I am still intrigued by the difference in relation to Absolution though. Perhaps they did go about creating those songs in a different way or Dom and Chris wrote some of the songs, bar lyrics.

I'd love a smaller venue. Without sounding too old, in the old days it was great to be able to just stand near the little stage without too much security and watch them play. So maybe a more casual gig for fans would be fab. However, if even 1 fan decides to go onto the stage, the smaller venue idea will crumble.

Exactly, which is why I think Matt/Muse are genuine in this, with Chris' problems and the fact they've been pretty much working 11 years straight to get where they are, a low-key tour just to get some energy back and less pressure on them would be a well earned break to concentrate more on the writing rather than the producing, which is what I think the majority of Musers are hoping for.

+ 1 :yesesy:

My thoughts YOU have put into words. Thank you :D

Well this is nice :happy:

I mean,just because it's personal doesn't mean that it's cheesy :rolleyes:

Like hypermusic :p

The point people are trying to make is that NOWADAYS, that's personal to Matt. Hyper Music was made 10 years ago soon, and the personal songs in the last years has been songs like NSC, GL and Starlight.

Yeah good point. I am still intrigued by the difference in relation to Absolution though. Perhaps they did go about creating those songs in a different way or Dom and Chris wrote some of the songs, bar lyrics.

Could be many things, not worth speculating on to be honest.

This would be easier to do in the US so they should do it. I'd kill to see them at like the Verizon Wireless Theater in Houston. I'd pay however much it costs.

But if he is serious about this, I'd assume this either mean them playing more than one night at each small venue, or playing the small venue and then coming back later playing arena or stadium.

Haha I'll believe it when I see it. Muse are all about being huge now, they spend millions on their shows and have millions of fans worldwide. The best gig I've ever seen them play was at Teignmouth, when they didn't need so many lights... it was just an intimate setting by the seaside. They've now played 4 dates at Wembley (well, will have soon), realistically they aren't going to be allowed to play 4000 capacity venues unless they play it 5 nights in a row. Even then, a lot of the crowd are so obsessive that they'll buy tickets for all 5 nights.

If "personal" Muse is Guiding Light and Neutron Star Collision; I do not want that, not at all. Write another hard rock album with meaningfull lyrics and huge riffs/choruses, then drop the lights and make people go mental.

If "personal" Muse is Guiding Light and Neutron Star Collision; I do not want that, not at all. Write another hard rock album with meaningfull lyrics and huge riffs/choruses, then drop the lights and make people go mental.

Those are still OTT stadium songs. Don't forget about songs like Map of the Problematique and Hoodoo.

Those are still OTT stadium songs. Don't forget about songs like Map of the Problematique and Hoodoo.

Did he actually say in this interview that they were talking about a stripped back album? All I see mentioned in the first post is about the lyrics.

(And yes, I know they have been talking about stripped down songs in the past)

Did he actually say in this interview that they were talking about a stripped back album? All I see mentioned in the first post is about the lyrics.

(And yes, I know they have been talking about stripped down songs in the past)

No, but I think that's what he was implying here: "That itself might lead to material that's more suitable for smaller venues."

He could either wear his heart on his sleeve in cheesy pop ballady mode - a la NSC, or he could go brooding and meaningful - a la Unintended. Not sure I want either, tbh :chuckle::p. Orrr, it could be a bit dark with a mix of styles... I'm thinking something Hoodoo-esque. That I'd like to hear. Anyways, I'm not sure how fond Bellamy is of smaller crowds/venues - he's mentioned it makes him a bit claustrophobic to be right in front of the audience, so I'm sure he'll be writing Stadium belters shortly after his small venue conquest is out of his system... although I do love the little gigs, too. RAH & Shep Bush were amazing :happy:.

Archived