This particular matter has absolutely nothing to do with opinions, you clearly need to learn where your opinion matters and where it doesn't. I'm talking from my own experience within the music industry and that of others.

I'm not suggesting Matt is pretending anything, just giving you an insight into how the industry and Muse themselves work (Along with their management, label(s) etc) and telling you not everything is how it seems and not to quote it as absolutely fact when trying to make a point.

What you said was:

just take what's being said with a pinch of salt.

I'm not doubting what you say about how the music industry works. I know that things aren't always as they seem, but in this instance I am not going to take what Matt has said with "a pinch of salt". Going on everything leading up to it, I have no reason to doubt what he said. I heard him talk about it and he sounded totally genuine, plus I feel the emotion of the song, plus a fan report has even confirmed that Matt was considering whether or not to give his song to Eclipse. I am pretty sure the song wasn't written for Eclipse. And I'm going to leave it there, because, tbh, I don't really like discussions that unyieldingly, coldly rip apart stuff that relate to someone's personal feelings.

The song probably was conceived genuinely but its recording and release was no doubt a product of Eclipse. Without the film the song would never have been recorded. So while its origins are genuine in transformation into a commercial product would have definitely had some major influences beyond Matt's original intentions, I imagine. And of all Muse songs, this is probably be the most commercial of products.

@Liron and Humphrey: of course you are both, as everybody else is, entitled to your opinions.

However, I think it's unfair to bash at a Muse song when you don't even have all the base facts. (-> read the musewiki on the song, and then think about emotions and Twilight again)

I don't care if somebody dislikes the song because it's too much pop, or because it was used for the twilight soundtrack, or whatever. But calling it shallow and a twilight song is ignoring it's roots and thus actually insulting the band and Matt in the end, and I would have thought fans wouldn't like to do that. :rolleyes: Unless you aren't fans - but then why are you here?

Whatever it says on a wikipedia page or whatever the band says about the song is irrelevant to me! The message the song "passes" on (sorry, I think in Hebrew and translate to English lol) in my opinion is emotionless and cheesy. It sounds like any other love song only done wrong.

Fucking Motherfucker has more emotion and and strength in it than this shit :LOL:

The song probably was conceived genuinely but its recording and release was no doubt a product of Eclipse. Without the film the song would never have been recorded. So while its origins are genuine in transformation into a commercial product would have definitely had some major influences beyond Matt's original intentions, I imagine. And of all Muse songs, this is probably be the most commercial of products.

well ^^^^ this basically.

Niall, you are made of win :yesey:

Archived