The first song I heard from Muse was Bliss... I still can't describe what that song makes me feel... it's jsut Bliss... it's like Matt knew exactly what love is, and the level of bliss you can reach when you find that very special person in your life...

The first time I heard muse was in Tilly's they played the Knight's of Cydonia music video but I didn't catch the name of the song or group. Luckily they played it again (I guess cuz it was so good ). Then I caught the name. If they didn't play it again I probably would have never looked into muse.

im from america, so the first Muse stuff was from Absolution (their greatest album) and i think i heard Time is Running Out first but didn't really register it. then my brother brought home the cd that he borrowed from a friend and i was shown Stockholm Syndrome and i was amazed. not my favorite (but it still kicks ass) but it definately opened my door to the Muse universe. i think it was the uniqueness and actuall originality, that this world has lacked for years, that hooked me, but either way im glad :D

First time that I heard Muse, was in Need For Speed, omg! with the song 'Time is Running Out' and I thought.. what the band?? amazing song !

So, then I'll search more from Muse.. listen some musics, and I love it !

Muse Rocks! :p

I owned showbiz album when it first came out but Muse weren't really one of my favourite bands because I was too much into bands like Blink 182. They were just something I listened to occasionally because they were different to everything else in my collection. It wasn't until Plug In Baby came out that I started listening more and then came absolution with stockholm and I was hooked

I heard my first song back in 2007 (I'm a very young/recent fan compared to most of you!): "Time is Running Out." I heard a 30 second clip of it, knew immediately it was awesome, and bought the full song, plus Hysteria. Within a few weeks, I was completely hooked and kept finding more songs I loved. Now I just want to see these guys live in concert!

flicking through music channels in early days of having Sky Digital, some video with heat sensors comes on, then 'THE' riff starts. Kept it on partly cos thought guitar sounded cool, partly cos video was cool. Worked well, heard Bliss a few days later, was very impressed, then Time is running Out was released, and found out it was their 3rd album...have never looked back(bar not seeing them around Absolution tour).

I heard my first song back in 2007 (I'm a very young/recent fan compared to most of you!): "Time is Running Out." I heard a 30 second clip of it, knew immediately it was awesome, and bought the full song, plus Hysteria. Within a few weeks, I was completely hooked and kept finding more songs I loved. Now I just want to see these guys live in concert!

haha! but im am still younger! and have been a fan for much longer!

second grade. 2002.

muscle museum.

late night on fuse i think.

i hit pause and played it over and over again waiting for my sister to come back

(she was a muse fan back then)

and i played it over and over again till it was bed time.

(idk if that was really my first one. mightve been plug in baby or feeling good or the small print)

but this is the first one i remeber.

I heard Muse the first time on 7/3/08 on a road trip from South Carolina to Florida to visit a friend. We were listening on shuffle to music via my friend Andrew's iPod for the whole 10ish hour drive. The moment came in Georgia with my best friend driving, Andrew talking in the passenger seat, me stretched in the back seat. Andrew stopped mid sentence and turned up the radio, saying, "I just can't talk through Muse. This song is amazing." For the life of me, I CANNOT remember what it was (ARG)! I listened, remembered thinking it was great, but the conversation and the drive continued.

The next day, we took a break from the beach for lunch, and Andrew opened up the HAARP DVD he'd brought for our FL friend, KOC began and I looked up from the magazine I was reading. It wasn't until a few songs later that I heard my friends whispering and laughing behind me: I'd been sitting my chair, literally frozen, big grin across my face as I watched the performance. I'm a pretty reserved person, so they knew it was true love. :)

I got copies of Absolution and BHaR and listened to them for ages until I bought HAARP. When my boyfriend and I flew to Toronto in Feb 2009, the only thing I bought while there were Muse CDs. :D OoS is now my favorite!

I had heard Hysteria and TIRO in the past, but the song that good me hooked was KoC. My local rock station played the song constantly and I had an outdoor job where I listened to the radio all day. They also had a commercial that played the "no one's going to take me alive" bit, showcasing the newest singles. The song got into my head and wouldn't leave so I ended up getting BH+R, and then ended up with the rest of everything else very soon. Ahh a good story, eh? :p

Plug In Baby, when i first heard it i was like "this sound AWESUUUURME" but i would get bored of it after 50 seconds or so.

Same with Time is Running Out and Stockholm Syndrome, eventually i borrowed a mate's CD (Origin of Symmetry and Absolution) and i listened to the songs i found familiar but didn't realise they sung them (Hurricanes and Butterflies, New Born and Apocalypse Please). Origin of Symmetry grew on me and i loved Hyper Music upto Citizen Erased. As i grew up i started to grow out of just liking heavier music and began to really admire Space Dementia, Meglomania and Micro Cuts.

Origin of Symmetry became my all time favourite album soon after :p Every song on there is perfect in it's own way.

The first time I heard them I was an stupid youngster and all I heard was Punk, any type of bands but punk bands, so when I heardrd Muse, I was like, why the hell is this guy trying to rip off the boring style of Thom Yorke (at that time I obviously didn't like Radiohead which I consider one of my favorite three bands ever), but then a bright light came to me and I stasted being less narrow minded, started liking other things, I mean I still enjoy punk but there are a lot of great options if you stop acting like an ass, and thats when I relistend to Muse and they totally grew on me, making their records essential in my life... I blame myself for thinking they were pretentious yerks.

Archived