I remember the morning when I heard them for the first time. I was dressing up to go to school, I was already quite late, and I was just struck when I heard the first sounds of Absolution. So I sat on my bed and just listened to the whole song. That was... intense.

I saw the video for Supermassive Black Hole one day and i was completely rapt :O then i look in my itunes library and find out that i had already downloaded Knights of Cydonia, which i instantly liked. Then i thought, holy crap maybe there's more where that came from! and downloaded all their stuff and loved it.

Its actually kinda sad..

I first heard Muse off guitar hero (in 2006 or 2007).

i was watchin a friend play and "Knights of Cydonia" comes on and I was like, "who is this?"

he then said,"oh this is Muse... their ok, i guess."

i was like holy shit this is so strange but so cool!

two weeks later i had bought BHaR.

been a Muse freak ever since.:D

The first song that I heard that I know of is Apocalypse Please...

My sister was listening to Muse a lot and then it came on and I finally asked who it was and she replied "Muse." :)

i think its hilarious how all these people learn about Muse from their sister..:LOL:

For me it was super massive black hole. i was in a bus full of people ignoring it so i felt like i was the only one hearing it, like something so clear which only i could see. i didn't know it was muse so i felt completely blown away and wanted to find out more. so i did... alot.

Well, I've been hearing them as some kind of background music throughout my childhood, but I never really took any notice to it, just recognized the "awful" falsetto...

When I was younger I used to study my mom's CD covers for some reason. I saw the cover of Origin of Symmetry and found it rather strange. Then she told me 'the story' of the band and gave me the CD to listen to. I fist of all fell in love with Feeling Good, then Plug in baby, New Born and later on all of them... I think I was about 10 at the time. :rolleyes:

I was really careful in the beginning, as I was afraid I might grow quickly tired of them. I never did though. :happy:

About two and a half years ago, my brother bought me BH&R. I had never heard of Muse, but my brother thought I'd love them. My brother and I have similar music tastes, except he tends to like some folky stuff that I don't get into. I'm a big music person so for me to have not heard of Muse, I assumed it was some folk band.

The CD probably sat in my desk about 6 or 7 months before I listened to a note of it. One day I randomly threw it on and heard "Take a Bow" - and that was it - thats all it took, one song and I was completely hooked. I quickly devoured the rest of the catalog after that :)

My first hearing that I was aware of was 3 years ago when Supermassive came out. I was like, wtf is this shit?

Only after it was played repeatedly 20 times did I start to like and its been my fave muse song ever since. Strange how it works out.

The first song I remember hearing by Muse was Dead Star on the Kerrang3 double compliation album. I had brought the CD primarily because it included a plethora of bands I was interested at the time, a period in which I was really beginning to get into music, or at least in a commercial sense. Anyway Dead Star just grabbed me with that awesome riff and that menacing verse. The vocals were unusal for me at the time, though they did remind me of Placebo. What struck me most was the bits inbetween the vocals with Bellamy audible gasping for breath which always reminded my of the first scene in Jaws in which the girl gets attacked by the shark. It was a strange illusion but very much a revelation, I've taken Muse very seriously ever since. Dead Star had this sense of savage heaviness and the technicality that I usually associated with classical music. Certainly stopped me from listening to Bowling for Soup and Tenacious D...

Lost my Muse-virginity when the SMBH video was on MTV or something a couple of years ago.

I was like:

"Muse, hm. Nice name, supermassive what? Hm, that guy in the red suit is kinda scary, but ... actually I like him. He's hot. This song is awesome, gotta download it"

*Listens to BH&R for a looong time and a friend shows me another CD*

WHAT IT ISNT THEIR FIRST ALBUM ?????( i never ever did research on music before i got into Muse)

and then I found Origin of Symmetry and just.... fell in love. :happy:

Starlight :p

on MTV

and then in a few days them playing at the MTV music awards - starlight again

think it was like year 2006

straight away I started downloading all their songs, one by one

remember bliss was one of the first i downloaded

I LOVED EACH ONE OF THEM

could not believe that there is a band on this earth that had all their songs simply GREAT

I know I am not a 'proper' Muse fan according to many...longterm hardcores...

but I have become overobsessed

I bought all their albums and some dvd, shirts and posters

ok I guess I am a bit weird

but who here isnt...:)

but honestly I dont understand why I never heard of them before...I live in central Europe maybe thats why...

Archived