The first song I ever heard by them was 'In Your World'. My cousin was babysitting me and was playing the Hullabaloo dvd. Straight away I was amazed by this red haired bloke bouncing about on stage like a child high on lemonade!

My cousin saw my interest and then fed it more by showing me the video for 'Sunburn', been hooked ever since.

So many thanks to my lovely cousin, will always be greatful!

Now you're tempting me to bring HAARP tomorrow when I'll babysit! :LOL:

I heard Hyper Music, can't remember where. Thought it was good. That was several years ago, never got the band name, unfortunately. Got a copy of Absolution burned for me by a friend who recommended it about 3 years ago. Thought Hysteria was good. 2 months later, I had every Muse track to date, and all the albums/live albums.

I had heard Knights of Cydonia before anything else but I bought Black Holes and Revelations back in 2006 because I thought the track was genuinely good. However, when I heard Take a Bow one day for the hell of it, I knew I found what I would come to love for the next few years. Most bands I would go through and usually could listen to them in certain moods.. but Muse is something I can listen to at ANY time. It's just soooooo good haha.

Hmm, I think I still remember the order in which I discovered the awesomeness of Muse. First sogn I heard was Starlight and Knights of Cydonia which I loved, then I got given more and more slowly by my Muser friend like Plug In Baby, Time is Running Out, Hysteria then I discovered Bliss and then the rest!

well ive propbably heard muse songs in the past without relising who they were but the first song i knew that muse sung was supermassive black hole when it first came out on the radio. i hated it, and i still do now:( but KoC really got me into Muse

i think i heard the intro's to TIRO & Hysteria and thats about it - i thought muse were weird and I couldn't understand anyone liking them. Starlight, the mainstream kinda song it is got me going (not so keen on it now, as I've overplayed it and its not different like the rest of their stuff). Ever since 2006, I've been hooked. Appriciating them for their amazing songs, now I like all the "weird" songs to a normal ear. They've changed my opinion for music so much. Now my moto is "Gotta be weird & different to be magic and genius!"

heard a distorted riff on a youtube video about some guys favourite riffs,still don't know what song it was. Late i heard MOTP at a party, but first time i really listened to them i think it was Stockholm Syndrom or Knights Of Cydonia. Don't remember anymore.

Knights of Cydonia on Guitar Hero 3.

I played that song and I was immediately blown away. I got so hooked, it is the only song I can play on expert in that game. Sooner or later, I said "Hm, Muse wrote this," then I checked iTunes for other songs and I bought Map of the Problematique.

A few weeks later, I heard Starlight on the radio, and the "Black Holes and Revelations" lyric rung a bell in my head, so I bought that song and I've bought practically every song they've made now 'cept for the B-sides that iTunes doesn't have.

First heard Showbiz, my roommate bought the CD...honestly, thought it was good (esp. Muscle Museum) but didn't think they were groundbreaking. Then i kept reading about their live performances and picked up OOS while in London....that's what did it, wow what an impression.

it was only in late 2007, my cousin had the muse website as his homepage. I said, WHO THE HELL ARE MUSE? and he said they were a good band. I thought this was bullshit and said they were bad. The next day I went to my friends house and played Knights of Cydonia on GH3. I was so amazed i went back to my cousins house and got all his muse songs.

Archived